Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Good Morning

Morning Mates, although nothing looks good about it...our yo-yo weather continues with a temperature of +3 after yesterday's -18, and rain to wash away all the snow once again.
I managed to get the kids out for a wonderful afternoon of sliding yesterday on what little snow we had, now it'll be all gone...I can't believe it's almost the end of January and we still see grass!

I am off this morning for my aquafitness class; it's so hard to get up early and get moving, but I'm always glad I do because it feels so good in the warm pool and the exercises help my aches and pains.

Speaking of aches and pains, Mike, that was not a good report from you late yesterday.
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all this, and hope you get some relief soon.
Personally, I don't know how you manage to put together a coherent sentence with all the narcotics you must be taking!

donna
Old January 24th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Dogs run to chicken with ice cream on table.

I figured I'd show Donna how my brain is actually working. Seriously, the pain killers just make me itch and sleepy. However, they are keeping the pain at bay. Actually, I believe things have improved a tiny bit. I got up and came down to the family room. I made it down two flights of stairs. Now I just have to go back up.

It's another normal January day. It be will around 25 today with no snow in the forecast. Yesterday, Betty blew snow. The hardest thing was having to come upstairs three times to ask how to start the snowblower.

Nothing on the agenda except laying around and taking it easy. Today I must take a shower. I didn't get one yesterday because the doctor said I could get in right away so we hightailed it over with nothing more than a wipe down. Oh well, maybe I'll be rewarded for being clean and Betty will change the sheets and get some of the "stuff" off my bedside table. I can't believe how much accumulates.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and that it is good one.

Take care,
Stinky

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a dull Texas. We are due storms today, that will hopefully hold off until tonight, as I have a little bit of running around to do.

The house looks good, so there is little to do here, and I even got two of the closets finished yesterday.

Tonight I am going to a party, at a friends house. It's one of those parties where you buy things, which I always do. I don't socialize much these days, but I am looking forward to this one.

I also need to weigh in this morning. I didn't yesterday, because I was attacked by Girl Scout cookies on Sunday night, and I was afraid they had hung around on my body.

Mike, I continue to pray for you, and wishing you not only healing, but comfort until the healing happens.

Donna, Be careful with those kids. I worry about to hurting your back again. Good thoughts for you.

Have a good day all.....

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 24th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Captain

Sunshine and temps in the 50's today! This is not normal for us but I will take it. Not much on the agenda here today, just some office work that must get done and D/H will be making a grocery run if we want to eat the rest of the week.
Mike, glad you are feeling better today just do what the Dr. says so you can go cruising in March. That balcony may come in real handy for you.
LuAnne, have a fun time at the party this evening. Just don't buy one of everything!
Todd, so sorry about your sister passing. Prayers for you and the family.
RD, glad the aquafittness is helping the sore joints.
Everyone have a great day and stay safe.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 24th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........about 34 out right now......make it to mid 40's for the highs........

Todd.......sorry to hear about your sister.........

Mike.......hang in there.......I'm sure sarge will hose ya down before ya get TOO 'stinky'............

Not much going on today........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 24th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm and sunny NY
Old January 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Not much happening today. Going to help out at church this afternoon. Keeps me out of the stores.

Mike, good thoughts coming your way. I'm not sure how you made it down the stairs this morning, but I sure can understand your desire to do so. Hope you figure out how to get back up there safely.

So glad I decided to stop by and read your posts. It's good to see old friends again.

Phyll
Old January 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Good Morning

Good morning! The sun has returned once more and the drying out process has begun.

Not much happening around here. This is not a gym day, so Keith will have to mess around on the computer. We'll probably do lunch at the local Mexican restaurant.

Mike, I hope you feel better, Donna, you, too. Todd, I'm thinking of you.

A good day to everyone.

Judy

Old January 24th, 2012, 02:48 PM
First Mate

Good afternoon from a muggy, overcast south Texas!

I have stirred up the new telecom company in town and they have irritated me too..They are tearing up my driveway right now and have a hole in my front yard exposing my gas lines (deep breath and taking blood pressure medicine). lol No one called 811 for proper marking of the gas lines before digging so needless to say, my nerves are shot. Have had several people at my door this morning including the gas utility, emergency gas line locater 811 service (I called them), manager of contractors working for telecom company, workers digging in my yard, etc. The only bonus in all of this is that I seem to have caused concern for management of the contractor so it looks like I am getting a new driveway out of the deal (I did not ask for one - but I also did not ask them to destroy my private property well beyond the easement either). Anyway, enough rambling.

Mike, i sure hope you get that bath. hee hee I'll keep you in my prayers tonight. My broken toe no longer hurts much..It's just still black from bruising. No more whining from me until surgery next month.

Hope everyone has a glorious day!!