Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Default Day Off Friday!

Morning Mates,
Yesterday I woke up to a snowstorm that was not forecast and life went on as normal.
Today, a big storm including up to 20 cms of snow, ice pellets and freezing rain is forecast, and although there is not a snowflake in sight yet, everything has shut down or been cancelled, most importantly, all schools, so no work today!
Best part is, Monday is an in-service, or pedagogical day, so it's a 4-day weekend for me!

Since there's no sign of bad weather yet, I will still be going to aquafitness this morning,
followed by a skate at the arena. I suspect that my yoga/pilates class will be cancelled tonight so gotta get my exercise quota in for the day!

Have a good day all, and Mike, hope you're doing better...

donna
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and all those to follow. It is still dark here, but promises to be a nice warmer day.

I have decided I no longer like winter. I need more sunshine these days. Someone remind me this summer when it's 100+ that I said such a thing.

Yesterday, I didn't feel so good, but this morning all is well, so I must have been fighting off a bug.

I really don't have any plans today. I do need to make my lists for packing. Since we are driving, I can take much more than usual, so that will be a good thing.

Donna, You have hooked us on "The Big Bang show" We have it Tivod, so I had many taped and we all sat down together last night to watch. So funny!!!

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Off to PT then my big outing for the week---the grocery store. Sure will be glad when I can drive again, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Rain finally stopped and we should have sunshine this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend.

Brenda
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
I have decided I no longer like winter. I need more sunshine these days. Someone remind me this summer when it's 100+ that I said such a thing.

Luanne
I never did like winter, and now i'm enjoying great weather in Florida. Now when july gets here we can remind each other about what we are saying now.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Admiral

I'm poping in again to wish Donna a nice weekend and get well wishes for Mike.

Of course I want all of you to have a pleasant day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Warm and rain & foggy..go figure...this is January?

I went out shopping a few days ago, and in the midst of a shopping frenzy, my license went missing. I called all the places I had been, but no luck...of course, it will be found soon, since I made the trip to get a duplicate yesterday.

When I got home I realized I have a new floater in my eye. Not the eye I had them in, a while back. This time it is bigger and brown,and after thinking tumbleweeds, mice,and bugs, were not running around, ahah it's a floater, ws my deduction I have an eye drs appt next week, so that's good!

I am hungry, so off to find a bagel... Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 27th, 2012, 09:31 AM
First Mate

Good morning from Ottawa. We are receiving some rain/freezing rain and it will all turn to snow around the noon hour. So far we have had above normal winter temperatures and more freezing rain than we care for. This weekend Ottawa and the Ottawa Senators are host to the NHL All-Star game. The city is buzzing with activity, hotels are full and they say that it will infuse about $30M into the local economy. Enjoy your weekend!
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. It's chilly but we finally have some sun. For the record, I hate summer. I always want to move to Alaska every summer. I never have any problem remembering what summer is like. I am totally thankful for every cool or cold day we get here. Of course, if summer here was 75 or 80 degrees I'd love summer.

Donna, enjoy the four day weekend.

Trip, I hope it goes well with the eye doctor. Sorry you lost your vanity plate. Seems ironic you lost it while shopping.

Luanne, glad you fought off the bug.

TM enjoy the weather now.

Todd, take care of yourself.

Everybody else, have a good day.
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning from rainy NY .
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Shaping up to be a GORGEOUS day in the AZ desert, with temps for the next week at least, sitting in the mid 70s.

I'm playing golf today with one of my Drs. from home, who's visiting. Golf and sunshine is a combination that makes me happy

Took my mother out for lunch yesterday. Physically she is doing OK at the moment, so that's great. Mentally; her mind is obviously getting worse.

A funny story though...(u have to laugh or you cry ... or maybe both).. her live in told us yesterday my mother was holding the TV remote, and pressing buttons. She asked her caregiver why the phone wasn't working.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Update: it's almost noon, not a snowflake in sight and yet there are more cancellations by the minute. They decided to close the pool after our class this morning....still going to skating though, then home and hunker down and wait to see if this storm actually arrives....

donna
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........about 30 out right now..........suppose to make 40 for the high......

Trip.......yep...you'll find your license now....always happens......

Luanne.......I'll try & remind ya about the summer.......

Kuki.....have fun.......enjoy your mother while ya can.....

Not much going on today.....maybe a trip to see the home show.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

Old January 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Moraine, I lost my license, not the plate....I was living up to shop*r the last few days

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 27th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Kuki, sometimes you do both...laugh and cry. Once, I spent an entire day trying to get my dad to shower and shave because he had a doctor's appointment the next day. After refusing all day, I finally cleaned him up that evening... like it or not. The next morning when I told him it was time to go he cussed me out for not giving him the chance to get cleaned up. I walked into another room and lauged until I cried.

Donna, I think your weather forecasters are totally messed up.
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moraine, I lost my license, not the plate....I was living up to shop*r the last few days

Well, that's better (I guess)...the irony would have been extreme.

I hope you find your license though. I don't like the idea of it floating around out there.
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning boys and girls from the guy who actually slept for nine, count them, nine whole hours. There was a two hour break but sleeping nine hours out of eleven is a good thing and I feel better, at least mentally, than I have.

Nothing on the agenda today. Perhaps I'll change socks or read about the carbon dating of rocks.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Take care
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone….. It was nice to wake up to a bright and sunny day!
Have a great weekend!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Here it is, almost Noon (will be probably by the time I post) but I haven't been sleeping all of this time. I swiffered up the eight tons of cat hair that have accumulated the past four days and then steam mopped all of the tile floor (a good half of the first floor is ceramic tile). At some point I was going to start on the shelving and bookcases piled high with crap and then my aging brain kicked in a bit. My column was due into the paper last night and I hadn't even thought about it! I just sent it with an apology to John (a close friend and the editor). He knows me well enough to understand.

My older brother and I are splitting the cost of our sister's cremation so at some point in the next couple of days, he's coming up and we're going to pay that freight. He has not offered to help with other expenses (i.e.: she owes a local pharmacy over $1,300) so since I live in this town, I'll start paying it off. I was going to start *****ing (especially since my brother and his wife make more than I do) but since we're on good terms and I stay with him a lot when I go to visit the other half of the family, I let it drop. Anyway, whoever said life is fair? Funny thing is, she had so many "very good friends" who suddenly disappeared when they discovered she was destitute. Hmmmmm................

Hope you continue with your recovery, Mike and that you have that eye fixed next week, Trip.

Moiraine, for the umpteenth time you are truly an Angel and there will be a special place allotted to you when you're released from the temporal bounds of this planet.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend (with or without the white blanket). The weekend starts in about four hours and fifty minutes (except for Manuel and me for whom every day is a weekend).
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Default Day Off Friday!

Good morning, and an overcast one it is. I thought this was supposed to be another day of 78 degrees . . . maybe so, maybe not. Donna, I understand too well about the weather mavens' inaccuracies. Our "big rain" turned out to be a big nothing.

Having fun watching the feral kittens. They're really getting big.

Have a gret day, everybody.

Judy
Old January 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Todd,

It is very nice of you to pay your sister's debts but you nor any of your family are legally obligated. If there is money from the estate then that can and should be used to pay the debt. If there is no money in the estate then the creditors will have to write it off. I

I personally would not spend my own money to pay off, even a sibling's or adult child's, debts after they have passed away and I would not feel guilty about it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
First Mate

Good evening from what's been a partly cloudy, warm day in south Texas. I'm enjoying the weather as it has been in the 70's. Wish it were like this all year!!

Kuki, I gotta tell ya, I'm only 45 and the other day I was driving my car and went into a panic.. I started wondering where the heck my car keys were and began searching my pockets and purse before realizing they were in the friggin ignition as I was DRIVING MY CAR!!! OMG, I'm senile already!!

A happy weekend to all...