Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2012, 06:48 AM
First Mate

Default St. Maartin - Has anyone stayed there?

This is not exactly cruise-related, but has anyone ever vacationed on St. Maartin?

Mrs. S and I just love the Great Bay area and thought we might want to stay a week on the island someplace. I have briefly looked at the Villas on Great Bay, and it has the ideal location being on the bay and close to town, but I'm not sure if they have restaurant facilities or not.

So, does anyone have any recommendations of places to look? We would prefer something reasonably close to Phillipsburg (short cab ride), on the ocean (I imagine most would be), and with restuarant facilities.

We are scheduled to be there on Connie in April, and could check places out. I know we are planning on going the the Villas on Great Bay and see what it has. All inclusive is also in scope.

Our thought is to spend a week there over Labor Day (early September).

Thanks in advance,

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links