Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Sunshine!

Morning Mates, the sunshine has finally found us again after a few miserable days. Temp is sitting at 0, or 32F so not to complain...

Yesterday I hibernated, read a whole book, and made the most delicious soup for supper.
Today I'm thinking of cooking that frozen Butterball that we never got to eat over Christmas...then we'll have leftovers for a few days!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everybody!

donna
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. Nothing much going on yet. Found out yesterday that I'm going to be a great aunt. I'm already teasing my brother about becoming a grandpa. We are all happy though. My mom got moved into her apartment on Friday. My niece and her hubby are moving into my parents home. They are painting right now and will move next week. Their house is on the market. I hope it won't take too long to sell. To temper my happiness, I still have to listen to dad ask me (several times a day) about when my daughter will go to college...that he wants to buy me a trailer to put on his property so that I can live right by him and mom and take care of them when the time comes. But...it's still a happy time.

Have a good day all.
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A cold and cloudy day here in the city with a major warm up coming this week..A high of 50 they say!
Looking forward to the SAG awards tonight!
Have a blessed day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Admiral

It's a gorgeous sunny day here in upper East Tennessee with a high projected to be 51. Warmer temps are forecast later in the week but they'll be accompanied by rainl

Nothing save laundry on today's agenda (plus of course doing the litter boxes) so I'll pretty well veg out this afternoon after I complete my chores. Think I'll fix myself a ribeye and baked potato and baby lima beans drowned in butter for supper tonight.

Hope eveyone has a great day and of course, Prayers and a request for Blessings abound.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunshine and temps heading to 75 or so.

Just enjoying my morning coffee while listening to the geese here. They must be having an election debate, because they just keep on quacking.

My mother's live in is off to Vegas for a few days off, so my mother is staying at my sister's. My sister is tied up today, so I'm heading over there shortly, to give my mother breakfast, and then take her out for the day... somewhere to do something. We'll see what she has energy for.

This upcoming week gets busy, as more friends are coming into town, so another week coming up with lots of golf and eating on my agenda.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Captain

We too have Sunshine and it makes me feel so good! Temps here to be in the 50's going up into the 60's by Tues. D/H is thinking he might get to play some golf if it doesn't rain anymore before Tues.
Not much on the agenda here today. May try and clean up the car since it is so nice outside. Ohio State does have a basketball game so I'm sure D/H will be watching that.
We had so hoped to go west for a few weeks but those plans went out the window. We are now hoping to just get away for a few days next month, don't know where to but we need to go somewhere! I figure if I can come up with a trip where D/H can play golf my chances are good for a road trip south.
Everyone have a good day and enjoy the sunshine.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the cloudy part of FL. It's warm though and it's good to have the house opened up.

Been feeling so much better since my wonderful new urologist fixed me up. Biopsy came back inconclusive for cancer so I'm taking that as a real good sign. I'll be getting another biopsy done in April.

Mike, glad to hear you are enjoying the grandkids. :-) They are probably the best medicine you could have. Hope you get a little relief from the pain today.

Todd, I'm with you as far as getting the laundry done today. So glad I just have to load the machines and let them do the work. Now if I could find an iron that worked for itself, I'd be set.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........temp is 46 right now........should make 50 for the high.......but no sun........just rain.........

Sounds like good weather is everywhere.......

Kuki.........hope they....the geese.....don't get too loud....

Not much happening here today......

Y'all have a good day.........

Phyll.................hey there.......you popped in while I was typing.......nice to see ya again..........

Sharon

Last edited by LS80; January 29th, 2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: new message......
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

There will be no whining about my leg today.

It's a nice day here with sunny skies and temps in the 20's. It is supposed to be near 40 tomorrow and Tuesday. This is my kind of Winter and Betty appreciates since the snowblower went on the fritz last night. It stopped blowing. The blades are turning but it's having a hard time throwing anything out the chute. I can't do the bending, lifting and wrenching required to look at it so we'll have to take it into the shop tomorrow and pay to have it fixed. My guess is that the drive belt for the blades is slipping.

I did fix breakfast for the grandkids. Sausage, eggs and toast. It isn't gourmet but they liked it and Betty did the clean up.

Kuki: You could always take Mom golfing. She'd probably like a ride in the golf cart.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and that the upcoming week is filled with fun and happiness.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 29th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Sunshine

Good morning! Our warm weather had made us the envy of the nation, but the fire alerts haven't. Low humidity and high winds have turned SoCal into a tinder box with fire alerts extended and extended. All we can do is pray for no fires and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Keith's day in Riverside was a washout, so he came home early. It was nice to spend the Saturday with him instead of by myself.

We'll probably go to the Sesame Grill to help them celebrate the Chinese new year and to use our coupon.

Have a nice day!

Judy
Old January 29th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach, where it is in the 50's today; slightly cooler than yesterday. This erratic temperature has really got the plants confused! Not much on today's agenda; I already picked up the Sunday paper (we no longer have it delivered because they kept on delivering it every time we told them not to when we were out of town). This was definitely a "security issue". I have to be at work at 4:00 this afternoon. Hours have been cut since business is down. "At least I have a job". Hope that everybody enjoy the remainder of the weekend. As I am on the computer, Rob is still relaxing from his surgery on Friday.
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Admiral

Good evening from NY