Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Morning

Morning Mates, it's Monday, but feels like another Sunday to me, since I have the day off... I am adding yet another exercise to my "get fit" resolution. Today I start walking...

The pool where I do aquafitness offers the pool deck twice a week for walking indoors (which is a whole lot preferable to walking outdoors when everything is covered in a coating of ice!)

There is more snow in the forecast, but probably not much, just enough I hope, to cover the ice so we can go sledding tomrorrow at work.

So, what do you all have planned for this sunny Monday?

donna
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

No new exercises in my regimen yet. Just taking it easy for at least another week.

I have nothing on my agenda for today. Betty has a dentist appointment and then a doctor's appointment. She has been having some lower back pain and needs to get that checked out. I'm happy that my back and shoulder pain is better. I got a dosepak of steroids from my regular doctor and it has made a world of difference. I'm still a bit sore but at least I can lay down and be relatively comfortable.

Otherwise I'll see if there are any big winners on the Price Is Right. That should be the highlight of my day.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Captain

It's a cold start here with temps around 25 but the sun is coming up which will bring the temps up to the 50's.
Today I am going to try and get my Mom a Dr's appt. She hasn't felt good for a few days so I think it should be checked out. Hope they can get her in sometime today or tomorrow.
RD, you have so much energy! Have a good workout.
Mike, glad you are feeling a little better. Hope Betty gets to feeling better too.

Happy Birthday to our Ray!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from downtown Lawton, Ok, where it will be in the 70's later.

We arrived yeaterday in time to find out that we were assigned the 4th floor, and the elevator was broke.:o We could have taken a 1st floor room, and moved again this morning, but I had been in a car for 5 hours, so I was ready to walk. Jim was shocked that I was able to do it, but do it I did. We had more than the usual stuff, because on these long trips, I pack kitchen stuff, plus our pillows, blankets, and other stuff.

Buying groceries last night was limited, but was enough to make us feel at home, which is the goal I shoot for.

I love our room, which is why we didn't want to switch. We have one long room, which is broken up with a sitting area, small dining table, and bedroom area. We also have a wet bar area, with frig, and microwave.

We are on the top floor, so no one above to disturb us. It should be a good stay.

We had an interesting trip. I saw my first flocks of geese. You know the ones with the tight formation. Well as they were flying toward us, as we are flying 75 miles an hour down the highway. Suddenly we are bombed by poop. Not just a little, but "can you see on your side?" That was funny, and we had a good laugh, until Jim said, "Do you feel that?" The car was breaking down. No I don't think it was killed by poop, but for those who believe such stuff, could believe what they wanted.

We were only about 6 miles from the hotel, so we limped along, and soon was able to swap for a better one. In the parking lot of the rental company, another flock came over, and we hurried to get in the new car, for fear of being another bathroom for the travelers.

Well, it is time to explore my new home. Everyone have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright & sunny here, soooo nice...if I squint, I am in Lauderdale

With our cruise, soon on the horizon, I gotta get my last bit of preplanning done...a rental car. This week we will be able to select our specialty dining, and entertainment, which brings it closer still yet.

Amazon was good to me, a new Kindle Fire was shipped overnight, due to it not holding a charge. It came already loaded with with my books, too.

I am deciding if I want to go to the movies to see One For the Money, but, im not sure if I want to see one of my favorite books brought to life. Hate how it was cast.

Ok, I am off for a bagel & cream cheese! Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 30th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
OMG Luanne! Rental car killed by goose poop? Too funny! Where we live we have lots of geese that winter here, and I have never witnessed a mass goose poop like that... sounds like a professional hit job! lol

Glad to be home from our cruise. It was nice to be able to go and it was fine, but I think our next vacation may be a land based dive trip. We really enjoyed that part of our cruise. I am going to try to download some of the pics to facebook. I shot some underwater video too, I have to check and see if the Moray eel and octopus pictures came out. We saw tons of huge tarpin... and they just hung out along they reef as we swam by them... not even acknowledging our presence.

This was our first cruise since my foot surgeries.... wow what a difference! How nice to be able to walk all over the place and not have pain and to be able to wear pretty shoes... or even flip flops. I am pretty plea

Well I better get moving. I have a lot of laundry to do and I need to get over to Indy to pick up my paycheck from that Papa John's commercial a month or two ago. Incidentally we did get to see it during the AFC Championship while we were on the ship that evening and we're just a blur. Oh well lol. But it was a thrill to spend a day with Peyton Manning and Jerome Bettis at Lucas Oil Stadium.

I also need to spend some time working on the musical today... the show is 2.5 weeks from now and our lines are to be memorized oy! Pray for me.... eek!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........warm & wet.......

Trip....I gotta learn how to squint like you do.......I could use some warmth.......

Luanne........I don't tempt fate........it could be the geese!!!!!!

Welcome home BW...............

Off to the doc in a bit........then it's laundry......so much fun.........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates, from the patio perch, on a spectacularly gorgeous morning in Scottsdale, AZ. Temps heading to 75 ish.

A very busy upcoming week has fallen into place, with 4 different sets of golf buddies showing up in town during the week.

Today was going to be a day off, but got a call night from unexpected visitors, so suddenly I'm golfing every day for the next 7 days, at 5 different golf courses. Hope my old bones hold up.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Home from PT, I did get a new exercise...pulley.

Exhausted, I see a couple of Tylenols and a nap for me.

Sunshine here today.

Brenda
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida.

After a morning walk, I had to water my newly planted trees and now I have a few things to organize in the garage.

I wish you all a nice day and a nice week.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's sunshine here too. Housework and phone calls going on today. Not much else. I did not want the weekend to end...but what are you going to do? Have a good day.
Old January 30th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Default Monday Morning

Good morning! Bright and sunny and no goose poop!

Not much on our agenda. Just wanted to wish evverybody a nice day

Judy
Old January 30th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from warm and sunny NY
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Admiral

Three days ago we had about six wings of the GAF (Goose Air Force) fly over. I guess they were on their bombardment mission to Oklahoma to attempt to take out you, Luanne and Jim as well. Glad you had sufficient cover in which to hunker down. And they bomb from such low altitudes too!

Truth be told, I'm walking like a zombie (which I also duplicate in appearance). Just walking from the bedroom to the sunroom I have to rest once I get to where I'm going. It's both embarrassing and most extremely frustrating. I took 80 mg of Lasix as I've gained about 18 to 20 pounds in the past three days. Of course that dosage is the proper amount for a water buffalo but since I'm approximating one in size, hope it will work and I'll be able to breathe a little better. I'm avoiding going to see Jeff or "Dad" as I know they'll put me in the hospital with a lasix IV and that's the LAST think I want (as you who've experienced such a treatment well understand).

Hope everyone has a great week and Prayers and Blessings continue of course.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:09 PM
First Mate

A very rainy day here in south Texas. We sure need it as we have been in severe drought.

Luanne, thank you so very much for the goose poop story..that was hilarious!!

Todd, sorry to hear you're needing the Lasix, but hope it works. My father in law is on it and as much as he is in the bathroom...I do not know how he goes every day and does 18 holes on the golf course.

I'm slowly getting my house ready for my good friend who will be here taking care of me after surgery for 4-6 weeks. My winter cleaning continues..

Dreaming about my next cruise in the fall.
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Todd, you've not been taking care of yourself again.

Love you.
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Todd, please take care of your self. I really think that you should hire a housekeeper, to at least come in once a week to do the heave cleaning.

Luanne, I had a good laugh about the geese. Had a similar thing happen a few years ago. I was with my best freind and we were driving to Fort Wayne to see her Mom. We were on I75 in GA when all of a sudden we could not see a thing because of a flock of birds. Don't know what kind but they got us and at least eh vechile behind us. Fortunately it only took running the washer and wipers a couple of time to be able to see again and we had a good laugh.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old January 31st, 2012, 03:56 AM
First Mate

PS. I'm in Texas - So I was once behind a horse trailer at a high rate of speed and the horse decided to take a poop..right on my windshield it went!!! yeeeehaaaw!!