Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday's dawn reveals diabolical plan

I finally have it all figured out. here it is 0340 hrs., the sun hasn't even peaked over the horizon but I've got it all figured out.

Every time someone goes into a hospital, shortly thereafter they receive a review from some guy named Press Gainey, right? I mean 'ol Press must read over a hundred thousand reviews a day. Good Heavens, would Evelyn Wood be proud of him or what?!

Anyway, they want you to love the hospital and they want to make you well but they also want you out quickly so they can get newer, sicker people who have more expensive ailments in to treat. But again, they don't want bad reviews going to Press.

Well, after long study, old Shylock Trailer here has figured it out. Yep, the answer is simple. Sleep deprivation! The reason no one has noticed before now is that it's so deviously diabolical, it's invisible.

How does it work? Well depending upon the illness there are multiple choices. In my case, they come into my room, pump some meds into my IV that are gonna' make me better right? And they will, but they want you to get out quickly but how do they accomplish that without upsetting you? Why among all that medicine is about a pint of liquid diuretic (Lasix). They come in so often you don't know when you're getting what and it doesn't matter anyway 'cause you're living in the bathroom!

I'm living proof. Here I am, bleary eyed, have just come out of the john for the 76th time tonight and I'm sitting posting on Cruisemates! I don't want to post on Cruisemates at 0400 hrs., I wanna' go home to bed but since they haven't got enough insurance from me yet they're gonna' keep me 'cause they know I don't have a way to get home and I'd never make it before I wet my pants!

One finally beomes so exhausted, they give you a pat on your head, tell you you're all better and you can go home. Of course they tell you that at three in the afternoon knowing you won't be able to get out before they get to charge another full day for your stay.

Diabolical you say? Yes, of course. But you've got to really give credit where credit is due......it's so elementary Wellquest, so very elementary.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Todd, It's good that you have the energy to post.

I love the fact that you have not lost your sense of humor.

You are a great guy and we have a lot of people praying for you.

Get well soon and I hope that you get to go home ASAP.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 4th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Todd! I just found out you were ill and posted a get well on Ray's post. It is obvious that you feel better this morning. I gather from your post that you are taking Nancy's advice :-) I well understand the constant sprint to the little room. I am on HCZ for my blood pressure and it keeps me running. Keep up the recovery and be well soon.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 4th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the good morning laugh this morning Todd, glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour over all this, and hoping you feel better soon and that they "spring" you ASAP!
Here's another laugh for you; This way my day yesterday:
9:30am. Aquafitness:

12:00 noon, Skating:

3:30 p.m. Sledding at work:

6:00 p.m. Yoga Class

That is 4 hours of fitness exercise in one day. If I don't lose more than 1/2 lb. this week, there is something wrong!

As for today, I am off for a haircut, some errands, and another round of skating this afternoon.
Have a good one all!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; February 4th, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old February 4th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Admiral

By Jove,,,,I think he's got it! Good thinking Todd. I hadn't really thought about it, but you've pretty much nailed it! Sure hope they get you out of that place soon, as you'll probably fill up their septic system, and then they'll have to tack on another 5 or 6 thousand to fix that! ;-)
Donna, you seem to be having WAY too much fun! That's excellent, but you don't need to lose any weight! You looked Marvelous the last time I saw you! Simply marvelous!
Gotta run, as the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are going out to breakfast soon. Seven days until we board the beautiful "Legend" for another week of relaxation, singing, and fun. ;-)

"SKY"
Old February 4th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Captain

Todd, you gave me a good laugh this morning and I do think you are on to something about the hospital stay. Glad you are feeling better, just sorry you are in that place. I too had just read Ray's post and left you a note there. Take care and get better soon.
RD, I lost 1/2 pound just seeing what you did yesterday! Amazing woman you are. Wish we had some places around here for those types of activities, minus the sledding, don't want no snow!
Cloudy here today, so D/H won't be on the golf course. Who knows maybe I can get him to take me out for lunch!
Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 4th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's rainy here this morning. I have a kitty in my lap getting some love. Housework and reading are on tap for today. My daughter is off to try out for All State (band). I saw a slow cooker recipe a few weeks ago that I wanted to try out for a beef roast, so I got the stuff yesterday. Think I'll try it tomorrow.

Donna, You look slim to me. I just know you will have lost three or four pounds this week, at least.

Todd, they really, really need to put lazy boys in the bathrooms there.

Have a good day all.
Old February 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

Todd: Yes you have it all figured out. When I was in the same situation I just had them stick the gallon jug next to the bed. It cut down on the number of trips to the bathroom and you make them earn their money by having them dump the jug. I'm glad there is "less" of you. You will feel a heck of a lot better.

It is a pretty day here in Minnesota. It was a foggy night and the trees are covered with a layer of frost giving the landscape a Winter Wonderland look. However, the sparse amount of snow doesn't quite make it a masterpiece but I'm happy with our lack of snow this year.

Today I eat bread! I will finally have the endoscopy and biopsy on Tuesday to get final confirmation and assess the damage of celiac. For the biopsy they want me back on wheat for three days prior. I have been gluten free for a month now and it has made a world of difference. Other than the frigging leg I haven't felt this good in a long time. I have also been doing some reading on celiac and it sure explains a lot of the health problems I've had. Then again, the Internet is filled with a lot of crap and I've found that marijuana can cure any disease. At least that's what about 20% of people on any disease related site would say.

So I guess I'll go and make a big ole sandwich on whole wheat bread, roll a fatty and kick back and watch Beavis and Butt Head.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and that the weekend is a great one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hope everyone gets well soon.

Off to Chuckie Cheese soon for grandsons 5th BD party, oh the noise.

Brenda
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........cold but no rain........

Todd........glad you're feeling better & still have your sence of humor.......

Mike.....good luck with the wheat bread.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!

Would everyone who is not sick put up your hand, so I can see you in this band of sickies

Todd.. hope this treatment gets you up and at em quickly, as Ray still needs a dance partner.

Mike.. u are a walking, talking, petry dish where they keep sneaking in another disease to swirl around to see how it reacts with the others.

Today is day 6 of my golf marathon. We've had some great laughs, and my body has held up quite well, except I'm probably going have to get some more balls... at the golf store.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday's Dawn Reveals Diabolical Plan

Good morning. Bright and sunny and a little windy.

Todd, I agree with everyone else: you've nailed it. But I still hope you get out of there and back to a normal, active life.

Keith went off to Riverside this morning. I plan to do house work and then take myself to lunch.

I hope everybody has a great day.

Judy

Old February 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Todd, you can sure make lemonaide out of bushel of lemons.:eek: Of course, I don't want you to drink it as that might make your situation even worse. Get our of there soon. We are looking forward to reading about your cruise with Ray.
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Todd ,be well ,go home healthy and open your mailbox .