Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Admiral

Default A Mild and Sunny Tuesday

It's going to be a mild and pretty day here in upper East Tennessee and I finally get sprung around 11:00 am (that was always non-negotiable as my sister's memorial service is this afternoon). The difference in my situation is that I'm almost 28 pounds lighter than when I initially entered the hospital last Thursday afternoon and as a result have a much easier time breathing. While it's all temporary, I'm gonna' try to keep things under control as long as possible.

Hope things go better for you today, Mike. Please keep us informed.

So relieved that while Ray came awfully close to a major problem yesterday afternoon, following over 7 hours in the ER, he finally was able to learn there was no major damage or injury. Thankfully his Chiropractor as well as his daughter Celeste have medical backgrounds!

Of course Prayers and Blessings for all of my adored Cruisemates and hope you all have a bright Tuesday, regardless of the weather!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Todd, so happy to hear you'll be "sprung" today and that you are doiong so much better. Now you have me worried about Ray - the 2 of you better get your act together for the Ray & Todd Show on the Epic in March!
Seriously, bst wishes for you both...

It's a dull, but mild Tuesday here in Pictou County. Yesterday it went from -18 to 0C (32F) where it sits this morning. Perfect weather for playing outside all afternoon in the snow...

This morning it's aquafitness, and tonight it's weigh-in time at TOPS. With all this exercise, I'd better lose more than 1/2 lb.!!

donna
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,

Well it seems I have been somewhat unaware of all the happenings around here. Todd I am so sorry to hear of your Sister's passing and glad that you will be able to make it to her memorial service. Please give Deanna a big hug from me. I am so glad to hear that Ray is on the mend as well. You guys better shape up, you have a cruise coming up!

I am just about done with memorizing my lines.... thank heavens! I went through them twice last night and only fumbled 2 or 3 of them. I went out combing through resale shops yesterday and scored a couple of wigs for $10. I got out my hot rollers and styled them into upswept Gibson Girl styles. I think they look pretty good. Hopefully the director will agree. I also found a nice pair of Character shoes that are not exactly "period" but they will do. Today I need to head out to the sewing shop to find some items to make a few changes to a couple of my costumes. I am preparing myself for my debut of public snogging as we will be rehearsing the full show tonight in front of cast and whoever happens to drop by ack!

I started my diet again Feb. 1. I lost 50+ pounds between June and October last year. I took a few months off to see if I could maintain, which I did, only gaining about 4 pounds after our cruise a few weeks ago. So I am down 9 pounds from there at this point. I am glad that I started it when I did because my costumes were so tight when I first tried them on, but have started to loosen up.

Well I think I will go run lines again before the kids wake up... This is my life these days. What will I do with myself once this show is over.... I know, laundry! lol

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Familiar Face

Woke up to clouds and a little rain. It's supposed dust us with a little snow this evening. UGH!

Put a roast/potatoes/carrots & onions in crockpot this morning, so dinner should be ready when we get home from work! YEAH!

Hope all are well today and enjoy the air they breathe.

Happy day!

JD
Old February 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Ok. Not feeling well this morning, so will be brief.

Have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Gosh Luanne, get better quickly! I love you!

Well, the best laid plans........ Found out this morning that my Potassium fell into the basement overnight. Am currently on an IV after taking four 10mg Horsepills as well. I didn't think they'd let me out but I gotta' admit, sometimes it helps to have a little "juice" so I shall be leaving this hospital as originally scheduled. I just had to promise the Hospitalist I'd have a ton of blood work done over the next couple of days and forward the results immediately. That physician didn't want me to go but hey, sometimes, "youse got's to pick up the phone, know whadda' I mean?" No problem there and the best part is the Hospitalist was let down easily so there's no hard feelings.

BW, they are going to DVD the play aren't they?
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning
It looks like winter is here for and plans on staying awhile… we knew the mild temps couldn’t last forever. Have no plans for today other than a little house cleaning.

Todd….. Happy to hear your home!

Have a blesssed day everyone.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........60 3 days in a row.....hope it lasts.......

Not much going on........

Thinking of everyone......

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old February 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Default A Mild and Sunny Tuesday

Good morning. No rain yet, but it looks like it could drop in any minute.

I am about to go to the clinic for routine blood tests. I see the doc on Monday. I plan to ask for an upgrade in insulin needles. Because of Mr. Arthuritis, it's really painful to poke fingers.

Todd, please take REALLY good care of yourself!

Ray, best wishes to you, as well.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old February 7th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon mates. Saw my neurologist this morning. Looks like I'm good to go for another six months. It's trying to rain here. Worked my tail off yesterday and my body is telling me it wants to do nothing today. Too bad that's impossible. I can arrange to do less, though.

Ray, Todd, and Luanne, I hope you all feel better very soon.
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from cloudy Palm Coast, Fl.

I wish all our sick friends a speedy recovery.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Afternoon! I am late getting in here today. So sorry to hear that Ray and Luanne also are not feeling great. I wish you all speedy recovery. Todd glad you are out. Was sorry to hear the news of your sister. My sympathies to you and your loved ones.
I have been feeling a bit under the weather myself. Nothing serious just the aging process. I have had the blues as it has been around the two year anniversary of my sister's passing. I did get a call from my 97 year old uncle that lives in RI. That was reason to cheer me up some. God bless him. He still lives alone in his house by the sea.
Beenie I congratulate you on your weight loss and ability to keep it off. Break a leg!
All of you take care and stay well please.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 7th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Admiral

I'm back home now. I cleared the hospital in less time than anyone can remember. Just goes to show that if you're nice to people they repay you in kind and this was a huge hospital.

I made it iin time to my sister's Memorial Service with fifteen minutes to spare.....enough for a quick cigarette....the first in four days.

The service was appropriate and loving and I'm sure Sandy is pleased. The turn out was far larger than I ever expected.

I'll tell you right now Henry, I don't know what they'll allow but there will be a number of welcome signs from your truly. Thank you so much for your cardd.

I did notice on my way home that Jeff had restricted my liquid intake to 1 1/2 liters per day. When his PA Julie called me with my latest reports of my blood work (all good), I told her to ask Jeff what, with 1 1/2 liters of liquid per day, I was to mix my bourbon with? His reply was to to drink it straight. How can you help but love the guy?

Yet again, he saved my ass and people wonder why I treat him as a son. He would come into my room in his scrubs and collapse in my lounger. I told the nurses the room was off limits as far as he was concerned. The guy is working himself to death and I said it was past time he got a partner. He's going to do that but his standards are so high it won't be quick. He's considered one of the best in the area and won't lower his standards for anyone or anything. I told him it doesn't make a difference, he's the best and his number one job is to to "keep his adopted Father alive." He told me not to worry, "You'll kill yourself soon enough, but I'll prevent it as long as I can!"

I grew up around physicians and he is beyond doubt the best I've ever met. The fact I've been accorded membership in his family is unbelieveable. I am ineed one very lucky individual.

What all this amounts to is that you carefully choose your physician and treat him/her like gold. It definitely pays dividens. The loveI I receive from his family is just as important than the medical treatment to which I'm afforded.

Life is good.....VERY GOOD!

As the old song goes, "Try a little kindness." It works wonders!

That is why I always say (AND ALWAYS MEAN) I love all of my beloved cruisemates!
Old February 7th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
That is why I always say (AND ALWAYS MEAN) I love all of my beloved cruisemates!
I am sure that all the cruisemates love you as well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old February 7th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Todd personifies what CM is about .
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Todd said: "When his PA Julie called me with my latest reports of my blood work (all good), I told her to ask Jeff what, with 1 1/2 liters of liquid per day, I was to mix my bourbon with? His reply was to to drink it straight. How can you help but love the guy?

Yet again, he saved my ass and people wonder why I treat him as a son. He would come into my room in his scrubs and collapse in my lounger. I told the nurses the room was off limits as far as he was concerned."

Todd, this is the kind of Doc I want! I'm glad you're doing better ,

Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Admiral

Glad you are home Todd. Now my dear, please try to take care of yourself for a while. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo