Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old February 11th, 2012, 07:50 AM
First Mate

Default Saturday, Oh Saturday!

Good Morning CM's!

I hope you all don't mind if I start the thread today!! When I'm working at night I look forward to reading the first post, then I refresh every once in a while to keep reading about your days! I just couldn't wait today!!

I work again this evening, so I plan to sleep most of the day. However, today when I get off I get to go pick up my Bountiful Basket!! I look forward to this every few weeks when I sign up for it, and today is no different. Bountiful Baskets is a produce Co-Op that they have in some states across the US. You sign up and pay ahead of time to pick up a basket at the designated site and time, then when Saturday rolls around, pick it up. It is a good size laundry basket full of 1/2 fruits and 1/2 vegetables. The quality is always great and it is as local and fresh as possible! This week they had a few add ons you can purchase in addition, so I did a Guacamole pack and a 20lb box of tomatoes! Salsa anyone?

After that I have to stop and pull some cash out for my hubby and buy a sharpie for his day out. He is taking our son to Fan Fest at our Chase Field. He is a Diamondbacks fan and this is a great way to meet players, get autographs, and have a day out while I sleep!! My son is 5 and I am hoping he'll really enjoy it and maybe want to play soon! Our daughter is 3 and kinda small for this, so she'll be having a girls day out with Grandma!

I hope you all have a great day and I can't wait to read about it all tonight when I am back!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Krista, although it may seem like it, I do not have a monopoly on starting the morning thread, anyone is welcome to do so! I think it's mostly because I am on Atlantic time, 1 hour ahead of most of you, so I'm up and at 'em a bit earlier!
Anyway, thanks for getting us started today.
Sounds like your kids have an excellent day planned while you get some sleep. Night shift is the pits, my hubby did it for 29 years at Air Canada. What do you do?

Speaking of hubby, he woke me up this morning saying that 4 weeks from today we should be in Montreal, at Customs, on our way to Ft. Lauderdale and our March Break cruise!
We are both realy excited about this one, maybe because we love Princess and our favourite entertainer Bert Stratton will be onboard!

We have a severe weather warning out today, but it's not the 25-30cms of snow they originally predicted...now it's a rainfall warning, up to 20mm plus ice pellets and freezing rain.
Not the best weather for Pictou's Winter Carnival taking place this weekend, with sledding, skating, sleigh rides etc.
We will only be attending the warm, dry, indoor trivia night tonight!

So, what is everyone else doing this weekend?

donna
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from Lakeland Florida where it is going to be nice with NO snow. It will be g good day for those going to the Florida State Fair in Tampa. We are headed for some cold weather with possible freezes tonight. No complaints here as we have had a fantastic winter. RD your cruise sounds inviting. I wish I had one to look forward to sooner than Carnival Dream in September. Have a fantastic Saturday.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
First Mate

Okay, good. That makes me feel better.

I have been on nights now for 15 months. I work in a large hospital in the CLinical Care Operations Department. lol. I do patient placement, which is basically deciding where a patient should be admitted to or transfered to based on their diagnosis. There is a lot to it, but that is the nutshell version. I love the job, but nights can be challenging at times.

Have a great day!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning ladies and all Cruisemates to follow.

It's a brisk morning here in "The land of 10,000 frozen lakes.". We've actually went below zero. It's only the second or third time this Winter that we've gone below zero by this time. The talking heads say that the average is 30 some days below zero for an average Winter. Yes, it's been mild.

There is really nothing on the agenda for today. Except Betty will be washing the new floors. We had to wait three days before cleaning it and Betty wants to get all the "gritties" off so she'll be down on all fours washing away today.

The knee has definitely taken a turn for the good. I showered "alone" last night while Betty was at work and had no problems and taking steps without the brace is getting easier and less painful. The swelling is also staying down. The knee still looks like I'm smuggling a baseball under the skin but it's better than a softball. :o I keep thinking I should re-set the brace to a larger bend but then the words that Han Solo said to Luke Skywalker come to mind: "Don't get cocky, kid!"

I did suggest to Betty that we go back downtown and get in our romantic weekend that was ruined when I re-injured my knee. Her response was: "Hell no! I'm not going through that again!" So, I guess we'll stay home.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and that the upcoming week is the best yet!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Sorry Mike, but I'm with Betty: "Hell no! Stay put and HEAL!" You have a cruise to look forward to...

donna
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Our predicted snow storm has fizzled and thats ok, but I surely could have gone to work,and with no call from my boss, it looks like a beading, and, reading day, with a bit of Words with Friends thrown in for good measure. My supermarket junkie is on his way, to grab some deals in a town miles away! Ahh,and we food shopped last nght too.

Looks like March will be Moderators Cruise Month, as 5 weeks from today, I will be boarding the Epic, to the glorious eastern ports..The weather better change down there, as glancing at the Lauderdfale sailaways lately, the skies have not been cruise like...

Big smooches to all who need one..Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 11th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Hey Donna. GLAD to hear you and James are gonna get "Bertified" again. Sure wish the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I could join you, but we'll be boarding the beautiful "Legend" tomorrow morning, for seven peaceful days of total relaxation. We'll tip a "cool one" in honor of all our "Mates".
Got to run, as my brother and his wife are here, and we've got to run out and get some breakfast.
LATER!

"SKY"
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Captain

Winter has arrived here in Southern Ohio in the form of snow! We have about 2 inches on the ground with winds whipping it all around. The kidos are happy to finally get to play outside they are only wishing it was on a school day so that school would be cancelled!
Not much on the agenda here today other than watching the Ohio State University basketball game against Michigan. Big game for Buckeyes. I will work on the baby afagan I am making for the young couple across the street. They just found out they are having a boy and he is due on what would have been my Dad's birthday. It is their first so they are very excitied and so am I. We need some kids in this neighborhood as all of ours have grown up and left the nest leaving just us old folks.
Mike, so glad the knee is better but I too agree with Betty, STAY HOME, your luck isn't that good!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........not too bad of weather here.......still just the liquid sunshine........

Trip........have fun......hope ya have lots of room for all your food.......

Mike......stay home & get better so ya can go on your cruise........

Thinking of those in need of hugs & good thoughts.....

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon

Old February 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's bright and sunny here but cold. I've been up and reading this morning before things get started. My cats are in the window looking at the birds outside. Lily charged the window a few minutes ago. If I put her outside she'd probably run from the birds. Same old thing on the agenda for today. My brother was going to bring my mom to see my dad in a few days but he's coming down with the flu. That will have to be postponed. She's only been talked into visiting once the year he's been down here with me. We'll see what happens.
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Admiral

I am sitting here gazing at the snow and thinking about my upcoming cruise .
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Well, did I get an education last night!

I've always felt as if I had a very mild form of Asbergers. Well, I learned from Julie Jeff's PA in a phone call late yesterday that my creatinin (sp?) level is screwed up and I had to immediately stop both my lazsix and my huge potassium pills (all of which I had taken just ten minutes prior to her call. I figured, "Big Deal" and after supper had a bourbon and coke and didn't even finish that. BAD MOVE! My brain short circuited big time and because I was on the floor without my O2 on, my brain was also being starved of oxygen. I spent most of the night on the floor with some of the scariest impulses I've ever experienced. My precious niece did some research on creatinin and discovered that even minute amounts of alcohol can trigger severe neuorlogical reactions! I'd never had anything like that happen to me.

When I was an LEO maybe that made me somewhat more aggressive at times. Thank God I didn't carry a submachine gun!

So it will be a lot of bed rest today and tomorrow before I have more blood work and see Jeff on Tuesday.

Mike, you should be glad your brain periodically, "takes a vacation." Mine went the other direction!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where it is already drizzling outside. I got up this morning to go to Ulta to buy come moisterizing creme for my hair. Yes, I do suffer from the "frizz". Years ago, I use to iron my hair. Anyway, business took a turn for the better and now I am getting more hours at work. That is great since it means more spending money for our upcoming repositioning cruise in April. Tonight we are meeting friends for an Italian dinner. Hope that all my fellow cruisemates are having a great day. Todd, glad to hear that you are "on the mend".
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Oh Todd, I am so sorry. I guess no meds and no booze for a few days. Stay by the O2. I hope you feel better. xoxoxoxoxoxo
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday, Oh, Saturday

Good morning. Very cloudy here with just a touch of sun now and then. Our local weather maven says that between now and Wednesday, we have a 10 to 30% change of rain. Whipperdoo!

Keith has gone to Riverside. I'll have some breakfast, read the paper and do some house work. Not very exciting.

Judy
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a icy and cold Chicago.
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:41 PM
First Mate

Good afternoon from a chilly south Texas!

Not much planned today. Just going to lay around and drink home made chicken broth/soup. Will have to call Monday and postpone surgery due to this bronchitis. Still plan on getting skin cancer on my nose removed on Valentine's day though.

My prayers go out to those on the mend and those caring for those who are ill. Those of you heading for a cruise..Please have a cocktail for me and enjoy a sunset. :-)

Have a great weekend everyone!!