Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Default Snowy Sunday

Morning Mates, what a weird weather weekend we are having...heavy rain and fog yesterday, to the point there was no snow left, then overnight it changed to freezing rain pellets, then to snow, and today everything is ice-covered and snowy again.
That's the maritimes for you, you never know what you're gonna get!
The roads are so bad, all the local churches have cancelled services today. I'm sure glad I don't have to go anywhere....if it was a school day I'm sure that would be cancelled too.

Anybody watching the Grammys tonight?
I'll probably watch with the sound off, because most of today's music I can't stand, but there may be a few things I'd like to see, and I guess there will be a tribute to Whitney Houston.
What a wasted life (drugs, alcohol and domestic violence) but at least we will always have her music...

donna
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:11 AM
First Mate

Morning Donna and fellow Cruisemates to follow,

I am FINALLY posting on the morning thread....I always read it and keep up with everyone.

A snowy day here in eastern Ontario, but we've had such a mild and practically snow free winter so can't really complain.

I hope Todd, Ray and other Cruisemates who aren't feeling all that great get better FAST!

It was terrible news to hear about Whitney Houston, very very sad for sure. A friend of mine, her daughter and her friend won some sort of contest to go to the Grammy Awards and they flew to Los Angeles last night, I can't wait to hear all about it and I hope they get some great pictures!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old February 12th, 2012, 08:14 AM
First Mate

Good Morning!!

Tonight/this morning was my last night on for a few days, so today is my Friday!! My first day off is always a little hard because I take a nap then get back up for the day to switch to a normal schedule. It is exhausting, but better than staying up all night at home while everyone sleeps.

Today is a busy day!! I will go home and get the kids up and ready to go to church, then we all go to my MIL's for lunch (and for me my nap), then I have to be up by 3 or 4 to get ready for Softball!

My Hubby and I joined a City league this year, and we play 2 games every Sunday Night. When we signed up we thought it would be perfect because I normally am off Sunday night, but we didn't think about the fact that I work almost every Saturday night. lol. Oh well!! It is still a blast once I'm awake and there.

Tomorrow I have a fun filled day in a Mesa, a city about an hour from me. Breakfast with Dad, Lunch with my sister, and sewing and dinner with my Mom. Since we don't live super close, I try to knock out as many as I can at a time.

I hope you all had a great weekend and a super Sunday!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Admiral

It's strange here in central Florida, Temperatures around 30, and 20 mph winds. Not shattering for a northerner, I'm sure. Considering we've been running about 80 daily, this is an abrupt change. It must be terribly disappointing for those arriving back today, and those leaving today.
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

I wore myself out yesterday. Betty and I went to "The Mall". No, not the Sprawl of America. I stay away from that place even when my legs work fine.

No: We went and had a late lunch at an Asian restaurant in one of the other regular malls in the area. It was very good and we even did a bit of shopping at Macy's and a sports store. I purchased a Twins jersey with my name on it. It was nice having the "Walker, Texas Ranger" to use and sit on when I was tired but I was pretty sore and worn out when we got home. I was asleep by 8:00 p.m. but I awoke at 5:00 a.m. feeling good and the leg is no worse for wear and actually feeling a little less stiff.

My nephew and his family will be stopping over today. He needs to borrow a "plinking pistol" for some range shooting that he was invited to. He is familiar with handguns and the safe use and storage of them and has a couple but they are a bit too high caliber for plinking. I'll let him use a Ruger Mark III .22. That will give him hours of cheap target shooting but he'll have a bloody thumb after loading the magazines.

Other than that there isn't much going on. Betty and I have a week's worth of TV to catch up on. We may plop down in front of the TV this afternoon and see what we missed.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a great upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me

Last edited by Mike M; February 12th, 2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Must use correct nomenclature. :)
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a definitely chilly upper East Tennesee. The ambient temperature is 19F but the windchilll is 10F.

I've got to run to the store later on but that's about it for today's agenda. I had planned on some MUCH needed housework but that will have to wait until tomorrow as I'm still lacking any "get up and go" from both the hospital stay and I'm sure what occurred to me Friday night.

So sad to hear about Whitney Huston but in retrospect, I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise. I just can't imagine the number of top musical artists who have succumbed to such a devastating life style. Guess it goes with the territory. At least her music will be long remembered.

I may fix something similar to the Sunday dinners I used to fix when Fran was alive. I don't know yet so time will tell.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday wherever you are.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Texas, where it is cold.

We arrived home yesterday, after a 6 hour drive. It was actually not that bad, and traffic was good.

Today, I need to stock up on groceries, and get my house back in order. Josh did a good job of keeping it up, but it needs a womans touch.

Very sad to hear about Whitney. I look forward to seeing the Grammy's tonight where the focus will be what a great talent she was, and not her faults.

Need to get started, so all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and cold..sort of normal, but, we forgot, what normal is this winter.

Not much going on....going to make a nice dinner of my fave, bone in pork roast..I hosey all the bones... lol Nikki & the kids will come & share, or I should say just Nikki...the 2 kids, are the pickiest eaters in the world!

I spoke to Ray last night, and, bless him, he has the greatest spirit....he is doing well, but sore...

Gail, welcome to the morning thread, we've been waiting for you!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
It's strange here in central Florida, Temperatures around 30, and 20 mph winds. Not shattering for a northerner, I'm sure. Considering we've been running about 80 daily, this is an abrupt change. It must be terribly disappointing for those arriving back today, and those leaving today.
It may be disappointing to those coming or going, but it's great for those of us who live here. It's just cold enough to remind us why we love it here.
It will be up to the fifties this afternoon and in a few days it will reach 80 again.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
First Mate

Thanks Trip I'll try to post more often.....you are all like my family even though I don't show up much.....kinda like a distant cousin of sorts

Take care all!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old February 12th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. It's bright and sunny but cold this morning. I stayed up late last night finishing my book. My cat Lily tortured me awake at the usual time. I got up and took care of that and went back to bed, which was a mistake. Oh well. Guess I'll do a few chores and figure out what I'm going to read next.

Welcome to the thread Gail.

Krista, enjoy your weekend.

Love you Todd. Take care of yourself, you stubborn fool.

Have a good day all.
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............cool but warming up a bit today........

Not much happening here.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old February 12th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunny, but just a touch cooler in Scottsdale today, with temps maybe reaching 70, then a little cooling trend for a few days.

Getting in a golf game today, just in case it's not nice enough to play later in the week.

Out to a Bar-b-q at a friend's place tonight.

Still living the very acceptable life of a snowbird for awhile longer.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Default Snowy Sunday

A rainy, overcast morning to you all.

Nothing going on, not even traffic or airplanes overhead. A cup of coffee will taste good . . .

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:57 PM
First Mate

Really shocked and saddened by Whitney Houstons death. She really was too young to go. My heart goes out to her daughter and family. I hope they do her justice with a great tribute at the Grammy Awards.

Still on the mend from bronchitis but getting well pretty fast. Have appointment to get skin cancer off on Tues. Boy, all of this makes me feel sooo old!!!

It's chilly here and my little weenie dog thinks she needs to stay under the covers 24/7. She cannot stand it if it is under 75 degrees. She would never make it in a state north of Texas.

Not much planned today except for making more home made chicken soup and nursing myself back to good health...

Sending out prayers for everyone on the mend..
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM
First Mate

Hi all
have not been posting for a while but thought about everybody on this board this morning. The weather here has not been very winter like as we only have a skiff of snow and the temperature is about 40 F today. We have only been home from our caribbean cruise for a little over a week. we were on a 14 day cruise out of San Juan and we had a wonderful time

Grant
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Grant...we've been wanting some candy Good to see you again,and want to hear all about your days in the sun!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Glad you had a wonderful cruise Grant. Nice to se you here.
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Admiral

I am watching the Grammy's now .I was glad to see Alicia Keys who comes from my part of the world.