Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Default For Valentine's Day, How Did You Meet Or Marry Your Spouse

And now for something a bit romantic:

I first met Peggy but only briefly at Bad Durkheim, the largest wine fest in Germany. We met again about a month later at the Officer's Club at Ramstein and started dating. I was stationed at Zweibrucken, about 20 miles away, with the USAF. She was employed by the US government and teaching children of military dependents at Landstuhl.

Approximately one year later we were ascending the highest mountain in Germany, the Zugspitz, in a cable car. About half way up where she couldn't immediately escape, I proposed. Thus, we were both high when we got engaged.

A couple of months later, we were married in Switzerland and then drove to Spain where most of our honeymoon was spent during Christmas week in Madrid. That was 51 years ago, and things have been great ever since.
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Admiral

Default Great thread ,Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
And now for something a bit romantic:

I first met Peggy but only briefly at Bad Durkheim, the largest wine fest in Germany. We met again about a month later at the Officer's Club at Ramstein and started dating. I was stationed at Zweibrucken, about 20 miles away, with the USAF. She was employed by the US government and teaching children of military dependents at Landstuhl.

Approximately one year later we were ascending the highest mountain in Germany, the Zugspitz, in a cable car. About half way up where she couldn't immediately escape, I proposed. Thus, we were both high when we got engaged.

A couple of months later, we were married in Switzerland and then drove to Spain where most of our honeymoon was spent during Christmas week in Madrid. That was 51 years ago, and things have been great ever since.
I met Mrs.Henry43 nearly 50 years ago. . I had just been elected as the President of Hillel at the college I was attending .There was a party to celebrate and one of the members brought a friend to the party . The friend and I spent many hours conversing .I told her that one day I would be posting on the Cruisemates Message board .We've been together ever since .

:o
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Admiral

James and I met "officially" at a One Parent Families dance, but recognized each other from bowling in the same league.
that night at the dance he asked me out for dinner, and the rest, as they say, is history.
We just celebrated our 10th anniversary, but have been together since Dec. of '93...

donna
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Jim and I also met in Germany. I was a spouse of a another soldier. Jim was sent by the command to see if there was abuse involved.

We became friends, and then he broke his neck, so since I knew him the command ask me to travel with him for his surgery. The hospital staff kept calling me Mrs. Russo, and I kept correcting them. After awhile I gave up trying.

Once we got back from Germany, a month apart, we stayed in touch. My marriage fell apart, so I was living with my mom.

Jim asked me to come to Idaho that New Years, and he asked me to marry him. My mom hit the roof, and said it would never last. She gave it 6 months. I divorced a month later, and married Jim 20 days later.

That 6 months turned into 26 years.

I always like to say, that sometimes you have to go through hell, to get to heaven.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Admiral

I met Fran on a February afternoon on the Staten Island Ferry in 1969. It was crowded and there was a vacant seat beside her. We struck up a conversation and I invited her out to dinner at a nice restaurant the following evening. We started dating and as Donna posted, "The rest is history."
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Familiar Face

My husband and I met on Carnival Paradise in 10/9/1999 and got married 2 years later. For our 1 year anniversary we went back on the Paradise. We will be going on our 9th cruise with Carnival on the Miracle in March. Thank you Carnival for giving us 11 years of happiness.
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Admiral

My cousin and I, both divorced and single mothers, took a cruise on the brand new Carnival Fascination out of San Suan, Puerto Rico, in 1995. Jose was our waiter. When I correctly pronounced his last name, which in those days they wore on their name tags, he asked if I spoke Spanish. I said that I did, and he, being from Costa Rica, immediately began talking to me in Spanish, and we did nothing but talk and talk that entire week.

This was before internet and e-mail and it was really difficult for crew members to stay in touch with the outside world, but even so, we wrote letters and post cards back and forth and he called me two or three times a week from ports where the call rates were affordable. When his contract was over he came to Arizona for two weeks before going home to Costa Rica for the rest of his vacation. We continued to stay in touch, visited back and forth again, and were married in 1997 in Costa Rica. New Year's day was our 15th wedding anniversary!
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Default How we met

I was in college at Stanford, and spring break was coming up. A couple of my friends knew girls at Pomona College in Claremont near LA. We arranged to go visit them over the break, and they offered to fix me up with a blind date.

Well, it happens that one of my friends and myself had both grown beards, and both of us had bright red beards. We had sent pictures to the girls, and they laughed at us. So we made them an offer: The beards would go if THEY brought a razor to the picnic.

I met my blind date, named Renée, and we went off into the Southern California mountains for our picnic. We found a nice little grove near a stream and settled down on blankets. After eating, sure enough, Renée produced a razor and a thermos of hot water. She was the only one brave enough to take us up on our dare.

So I sat there while she smeared me with shaving cream and shaved off that beautiful red beard!

After that, what could it be but love? We have been married 45 years come June. And I never had a beard again until a few years ago, when it was gray instead of that lovely red. She hated that one too, and it only lasted a short while before she made ME shave it off!

Now is that romantic or what?

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I was in a club with a bunch of guys. I made eye contact with Mrs. Kuki. She gave me a lap dance for $20. I figured if I had already spent $20 on her, I should marry her.

OK, that's not really a true story
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Admiral

I met my SO through neighbors. He was my neighbor's brother. Actually, I met the whole huge family!
Old February 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Picked Terry up in a bar 43 years ago. Or maybe she picked me up. We still argue about that.
Old February 16th, 2012, 02:27 PM
First Mate

My DH and I were both electrical engineering students at the same college, and met at a meeting of the drama club --- compatibility was never an issue!

He was a couple of years ahead of me, and went off to another state to work. We met again shortly after I graduated, dated a few times, and decided to get married rather on the spur of the moment. We figured on a quickie ceremony, followed at a later date by one that woud "make the parents happy".

The guy who married us was THRILLED to do so; he'd been a JP for 14 years and had never married anyone. It was so important to him that he made it important to us. Then a month later we went to the wedding of one of my cousins, which his fiance had been planning for 15 months, and the priest who conducted it sounded and looked bored by the whole do. We decided we could do without a "proper" ceremony.

As of this July, the job the JP did will have held up for 50 years.
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:52 AM
First Mate

Default A little late, but...

My Husband, Danny, hates our story, but I love it!

There is a lot more to the story, but the nutshell version is as follows...

I was dating a Soldier that was away in Georgia. I met Danny and his friend Jeff on a Military Support chat room and became friends with them both. I began "dating" Jeff and sorta forgot about my Soldier. Danny was a great friend and we became very close. I told him the truth and nothing but the truth and he put up with me anyway...

Eventually it ended with Jeff and I was wanting to be serious with my Soldier. I went to visit him in Georgia and when I came back Danny told me he was in love with me. I wasn't so sure and told him we were too good of friends to ruin it. A few weeks later, it officially ended with the soldier. (Neither of our hearts were ever in it looking back). Danny swooped in with flowers and a love note at my doorstep. I still was hesitant so I continued "playing the field" and dating around. Danny was ferequently coming along on group dates, etc. One night he was driving me home, and it just hit me. This guy has put up with all my BS and didn't care. He saw the real me through it all and loves me anyway! We moved in together imediately, were engaged a few months later, and married 6 months after that.

That was 6 years ago come April! That story really doesn't tell the details well AT ALL, but the moral of the story is Danny was and is my best friend and always will be!! We're so happy!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999