Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Default Snowy Saturday!

Morning Mates, from a picture-postcard Canadian winter wonderland! We are especting 15-30 cms of snow today, and it is heavy and wet, making the trees absolutely gorgeous.
Will try to post pics later....

I am so glad to be home and safe, and know that my hubby will not be trying to drive to the hospital in this weather to see me. When we drove in Wed. night, it was SOOOO foggy we couldn't see a thing, it was terrifying, and I was in so much pain....glad that's over.

Yesterday at home I ate a little, rested a lot, and took my 2 antibiotics. Today I am feeling much better, and hope it continues!

How is everyone else's weekend shaping up?

donna
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Captain

Wow I miss checking in for a couple of days and come on to find out you've been really sick Rd. So sorry to hear this but glad you are on the mend.
It has been a whirlwind couple of days for me. On Thurs. my D/H said we needed to get a way for the weekend and I so agreed with him. After checking with my sisters, they said they would take care of Mom. Our daughter jumped in and is taking care of the dogs for us and we headed south yesterday morning. We are in Todd's part of the world, Piegon Forge, Tenn. (I am going to call Todd later today and maybe make connections with him on Monday) We have no big plans just relaxing. I did make one stop when we got into town, the Winery! I picked up 2 bottles of my favorite and found a new one. Opened it last night and will be needing to go back and get more before we leave town. The weather was great yesterday with the temp hitting 60. Today is to be cloudy in the 50's but tomorrow we may see some white stuff but I don't care. If it comes and forces us to stay a day or so longer so be it.
Hope everyone has a great day, I AM!!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:56 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All!!

I am up to my same, working for another hour and a half. Saturdays our my favorite working/sleeping day because my husband is home. That means he can cuddle with me while I fall asleep, and when I wake up he chats with me while I get ready for work and sometimes packs my lunch for me. It also means our kids are home all day so they like to come wake me up when they get in a fight or get mad at Daddy for telling them No! I don't mind it though because at least they get to see me.

I don't see my family much when I am working, but luckily it is only 3 nights a week. The other 4 we spend lots of quality time together!

I found out last night that my son's soon to be school is having their "Kindergarten Round-Up" Thursday! I can't believe he is already going to school! Time goes so fast! Between that and planning my daughters birthday party in a few weeks, I am feeling a combination of excited and sad. My babies are growing up!!

I hope you all have a great Saturday!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:13 AM
First Mate

Morning Cruisemates!

Glad to see you back again posting Donna and happy you're feeling better!

We are in for a snowy day here in Ontario as well as you Donna, but we are only expecting around 5-10 cm and it's supposed to be sunny and back up to above 0 so don't think this snow will last.

We are off to a birthday party this afternoon for my Great-Niece, she turns 2 today, I just ADORE her, I kinda treat her as my Grandchild I don't have (YET ). I keep reminding my son that I'm not gettin any younger!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday and to those feeling under the weather, hope you get better fast!

Take care everyone,

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old February 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Here's those pics I promised you earlier, looking out my back and front door....

donna
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. I am grouch this morning. Did not get enough sleep last night. Nothing is working out as planned for today, either. It's going to be a long day.

Donna, I'm glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the pics.

Have a good day all.
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Beautiful pics RD. Love to look at snow in pics but not deal with it.

Sunshine turning into rain this afternoon. Better go enjoy it while it lasts.

Brenda
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Am SOOOOO glad you're home RD and feeling better!

As Sue pointed out, the weather here is the same as in Gatlinburg with rain and just a little snow due tonight and Monday although I think you're going to have more snow in Pigeon Forge.

Not much on the agenda today. Did my running around yesterday and was totaled when I went to bed so will just lounge around today (even if there are ten million things to do but they'll wait).

Am so very sorry you're having a rugged day Moiraine. One of the reasons I went out yesterday was to get Lydia's post card. I got everything I needed except.............well, it'll be a little late I guess.

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and I know that James will take extra care of you, RD.

Prayers and Blessings continue
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Todd, xoxoxoxoxo

I was lucky I had some postcards here at the house.
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Donna, I'm glad you are home and doing better.
Moraine: I hate it when days start out that way. You wish there was "reset" button.

It's a pretty day here in the land without Winter. The talking heads are still having their snowgasm because we "could" 3" to 4" inches of snow on Monday and/or Tuesday. The TV weather people are having a boring year so they sensationalize anything. You should have seen and heard them when we actually went below zero.

Nothing on the agenda for today. The grandkids are coming over tomorrow and spend the night. They have Monday off from school so we have to think of something fun to do. I don't think they'll want to play. "Massage Grandpa's Knee" for too long.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and wonderful rest of the weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........still wet.......oh well........

Not much going on today.......a few errands.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Captain

Beautiful pictures RD but, I moved to Florida to get away from shoveling snow, driving in it and waiting for those long winters to end. I'll take the sunshine and visiting the "mouse" any day of the week.

December of 2010, I had to stay almost an extra week over Christmas because of the snow. I couldn't get a flight out!!!!!!!!!!No thanks.
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14
Legend-TA- 04/14
Freedom OTS-10/14

Booked:Solstice Alaska; 09/15
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Sunny Florida.

RD, I'm glad that you are home and feeling better. Those are nice pictures of the snowy landscape.
I just realized that I have not seen any snow in quite a few months.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Good evening from Virginia Beach. This week I worked more hours than usual so I am way behind in everything. Rob and I just got back from having dinner out with friends. It is supposed to snow, tomorrow, then again, one can never predict the weather. Loved your pictures of the snow, Rollerdonna. I grew up in New Jersey and have very fond memories of sleighriding down the street and going ice skating at Votee Park. Then again, I don't enjoy the cold weather as when I was younger. Todd glad to hear that you are feeling better. To all my fellow cruisemates, enjoy what is left of the weekend.
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Sunny and 53 degrees here today .
Old February 19th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default a cold snowy

What do you like to do on a cold snowy Saturday Morning?