Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good President's Day Morning

Good morning everyone!

In honor of our national President's Day holiday I will be doing what all good Americans do on Presidents Day. I'm going to buy a mattress, car or furniture. You gotta take advantage of those President's Day sales.

Not really: Today will consist of enjoying the grandkids. Yesterday we didn't get up to too much other than playing "Zombie Grandpa". Grandpa would chase them around like a zombie or "The Mummy" with his gimpy leg. It was a good life lesson for them. Now they know they shouldn't be afraid of zombies, Frankenstein or The Mummy because they are so slow they'd never catch a couple of kids. We had a good time. I also made dinner for them and messed with the family's sacred "Lime Jello Salad" recipe and created "Cherry Jello Salad" loaded with cherries. It is really good.

We never made it to the "Real Pirate" exhibit because grandpa was worn out after playing zombie and the kids weren't that excited about going. Today we may take in a movie. We'll also see if the "Snowmageddon" hits tonight and the 2"-3" blizzard hits. I know I've been going on for days about the talking heads but it is hilarious to see how excited they are over such a non-event.

I hope everyone has a great holiday, even if you have to work, and that the upcoming week is a good one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Morning Mike, and all mates to follow...
I feel cheated....no President's Day here, and no "Family Day" either, a holiday celebrated in some Canadian provinces, but not ours...so it's back to work for me today...

While you're still waiting for that "Snowmaggedon" Mike, we had about 15-20 cms over the weekend, and yesterday was just glorious for going out and enjoying it.
I dug out my snowshoes, took the dog out and stomped all over our vast property enjoying the sunshine, fresh air and beautiful scenery.

This morning, it's back to the workout routine, walking indoors around the pool, then off to work for me. Nice to have all this energy for a change!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; February 20th, 2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: add photos
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Captain

Good morning.

We have a bit of snow too!

I live up in the mountains and we got almost three ft. I have to take the DW into town today so I better fire up the tractor.

I'm am down to counting the hours to our cruise. As long as it is warm and no snow I will have a great time!
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning!! Those photos make me shiver. I think I will stay right here where it will be mid 70's and sunny. Mike it sound like you had a great weekend. Donna your's was not so great, so glad you are feeling better now. Have a fantastic day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 20th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a cool, Texas, where spring has sprung. Everything is turning green, and the temps are warm enough to open windows in the afternoon.

It sounds like the two of you had a good time yesterday. It sure is a welcome change after all that you have been through in the last couple of weeks.

I have grocery shopping to do today. I hope to leave here as soon as I finish waking up, so that I can be back before the stores get crowded.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
From a brown New England, not a white flurry in sight! I am waiting for the blizzard that will come on the day I have to fly to Lauderdale, in a few weeks.

We picked up some shirts for the cruise, for Bruce. He is adament he wants to go, only with a carry on for his clothes....we'll have to see how that pans out.

A Chinese buffet on the agenda today...yay!

Make it a good one,and thumbs up to all our Cruisemates, getting better.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; February 20th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good early morning or at least for me it’s early. I was woke up by a 15lb cat using himself as a battering ram against me all in order to get me up and turn on the bathtub faucet so he can have water….he must of not wanted the bowl of water sitting next to his food bowl….spoiled !!!!

RD…..As pretty as it looks I’m glad it up by you and not here by me.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's cool but sunny here. It's also quiet right now. I'm the only one up, other than the animals. Dad and daughter are still in bed. It will be housework and reading, as usual. Dad has an appointment with the new PCP tomorrow morning. That should be interesting. I'll have to take him in fasting so they can do the bloodwork for his diabetes. He hates getting up in the morning and will probably cuss me out for getting him up and then cuss me out again for not feeding him. His former PCP did not understand or care what it was like for me to try to get him there in a fasting state. I hope this new one is more understanding. Anyway, the sun is out and I am in a better mood today. Yay! I've not looked at the weather, but if it warms up this afternoon I might try taking the baby monitor out to the garage and working out there for a bit on organizing stuff. It would be nice to get out of the house for a bit.

That snow is pretty guys but I'm glad I don't have it here.

Have a good day all.
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Trip:

For our March cruise Betty and I are going to do it with one rolling garment bag and one carry-on. It is a "test run" for the CM, Carnival Breeze, Mediterranean cruise. We will spending what is now six weeks in Europe after the cruise and we'll be traveling by trains, planes and automobiles and need to pack light.

We'll see how light we can go. I can now hear all the Cruisemates who will be sailing with us saying: "I thought he'd be better dressed. This is the second time I've seen him in that shirt."

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old February 20th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! At the moment it's only 48 degrees here in Scottsdale. Heading to low 70s later. That's life in the desert.

Had a busy weekend with various friends who returned to town.

One of my golf mates for yesterday came down with what sounds like Noro Virus. Of course it can't be since she wasn't on a ship ;-)

Had dinner with my sister, brother in law, neice and her kids, and my mother last night. My mother started talking about wanting to head home to Canada, which is a bit bizarre because when she was home she kept telling us she wanted to come down here. Think it's just part of her general confusion.

Have no plans for today and tomorrow, so we'll see where Mrs. Kuki drags me.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Trip:

For our March cruise Betty and I are going to do it with one rolling garment bag and one carry-on. It is a "test run" for the CM, Carnival Breeze, Mediterranean cruise. We will spending what is now six weeks in Europe after the cruise and we'll be traveling by trains, planes and automobiles and need to pack light.
WOW! I really want to hear how that goes when you return. I have had to travel a lot for the business and I got it down to a rolling carry-on for the overhead and a backpack for under the seat. I can pack enough for a week in those. If the trip lasted longer I had to take another (checked) bag.

I mainly did this for speed in getting out of the airport on landing. Another reason is my Brother-in-Law is a baggage handler and he has some interesting stories.

Good luck on your journey and give us the tips and details.
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning .It will be 60 degrees here tomorrow. I watched Golf yesterday for the first time in many years and saw a guy spitting constantly ,very weird.
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........still wet......

Mike.....we did the Hawaii cruise with carry on only.......even did formal........tuck & roll!!!!

It's Monday.......sooooo.....it's laundry again........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all. It's a beautiful day so far down here in Florida.

Mike and Donna, it really is good to read that you both had some fun this weekend. Mike, your grandkids sure have one special, fun Grampa!

I'm looking forward to Gulf Shrimp and scallop linguini at my brother Bill's house tonight. My cousin is in town so we're going to enjoy some family time. Wish Jake was going to be in town to enjoy it with us.

Not much else happening. Life is good!

Phyll
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdude View Post
WOW! I really want to hear how that goes when you return. I have had to travel a lot for the business and I got it down to a rolling carry-on for the overhead and a backpack for under the seat. I can pack enough for a week in those. If the trip lasted longer I had to take another (checked) bag.

I mainly did this for speed in getting out of the airport on landing. Another reason is my Brother-in-Law is a baggage handler and he has some interesting stories.

Good luck on your journey and give us the tips and details.
Marsdude,

We plan on using the on board laundry during the cruise and while in Europe we will be staying with friends and relatives so access to laundry is no problem. Also, we will not need any "formal" or fancy clothes while we run around Europe.

In my business days I also traveled frequently and I could do a week, easily, with a carry on and garment bag. That was when suits were the norm.

I actually find I take more clothes on a cruise than I ever did on business.

Take care,
Mike

Old February 20th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
I actually find I take more clothes on a cruise than I ever did on business.

Take care,
Mike
I was wondering about that. As I begin to plan my packing I have begun to realize that might be the case.
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Good President's Day Morning

Good morning! Still no sun here in SoCal., but no snow, either!

The idea of going on a cruise or to Europe with just a small bag seems inconceivable to me. But then I haven't traveled in a while and so not stung by baggage fees.

It's gym day for Keith and I also will be doing laundry,grocery shopping, and possibly a run to Costco. Not a very exciting report.

Have a good day whatever you do.

Judy
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Familiar Face

Good afternoon - cloudy and windy in Kansas.

Mike, I can relate to the weatherheads getting excited over the forecast. You should watch ours on TV when it appears tornados "might" be in the forcast. They almost get out of breathe telling us about wind shifts, green clouds (hail), etc. If one wasn't excited and anxious before the weather portion of the news, they certainly will be after! Good grief! I've lived in Kansas/tornado alley all my life and we do keep track of our weather & "eyes to the sky", but the TV weatherheads.......it gets kind of dramatic at times.

We celebrated our granddaughter's 11th birthday by going ice skating and no one got hurt. Well our 8 yr. old grandson fell flat on his face (ouch!) and split open his lip, but he got right up and kept on skating. If I had fell like that, you'd have to carry me off! Oh to be young again. (No, I DIDN'T get out on the ice.)
Spaghetti dinner supplied by our daughter and her boyfriend on Sunday was delicious....and no ring. There were 17 of us and we ate and laughed all afternoon.

DH is going to fix nut crusted talapia tonight. I don't care for fish, but I'll try it.

Have a good one.
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:00 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I am usually so busy running around with the kids when I'm not working, I don't post from home. Today we are all home sick, so I thought i would check in. I knew it was coming yesterday, but being out in the cool and wind for our two games did me in...

Then when we picked the kids up from Grandma's house our son (Noah) had a fever and our daughter (Jessica) had a cough and runny nose. We all came home and went to bed early (we all piled in my bed with a box of tissues)!

This morning Daddy had to work, but should be off early because of the holiday. The kids and I are taking it easy and spending the day relaxing. Only thing I plan on doing today is making Lemon Chicken Soup! Perfect for days like today!

Hope you all have a great rest of the day!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:38 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents!!

It's another sunny day in south Texas..I'll spend my day running errands...Even though at the moment I am feeling a bit slovenly.

I spent an impromptu evening with family last night having dinner "in town" and then we took a drive to the gulf shore to see all the sail and shrimp boats. I had forgotten about the beautiful Yacht Club out there too. It was such a crisp, clear night out last night too. Cops were out everywhere in the T-heads area of Corpus Christi last night. Looks like something big was about to go down. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our slow drive through the T-heads ..Viewing all the beautiful boats docked in their slips. It was interesting to me that there were so many boats dry docked as well. It was plain to see that it is a virtual lovers lane down there with many darkened cars parked facing the water in pretty little spots along the way..Ahh to be that young again!!

I'm so happy that it seems that everyone is feeling better here. One could not ask for a better Monday!!

Cheers everyone!!
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Ended up going to furniture stores with Jim. Thought we have a lot in common. We don't !!!! Divorce shopping is next....
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Ended up going to furniture stores with Jim. Thought we have a lot in common. We don't !!!! Divorce shopping is next....
Luanne, you should not joke about that.

Jim just has to do what I did. I let Mrs. TM but whatever kind of furniture she wanted.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!