CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Thursday Morning Greeting (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/387882-thursday-morning-greeting.html)

rollerdonna February 23rd, 2012 08:12 AM

Thursday Morning Greeting

Morning Mates, from "Wild Weather" Pictou Nova Scotia. Yesterday was forecast for some "mixed precip". They were not kidding. :o
I set out in the morning with some light snowflakes dancing around. By the time I got to Pictou it was almost a blizzard. When I left the arena an hour later I swear there were snowballs falling from the sky, I have never seen such huge flakes. The road home was completely snow covered and the visibility nill.
Suddenly, like driving through a curtain, the snow was gone, the roads were bare and it was pouring rain! All in all, it made for a very slushy mushy drive to work a few hours later....

Today....who knows? It is definitely colder at -5C so whatever wet was left is now black ice.
Hoping that will melt off before I head out for swimming this morning...

donna

bjm123 February 23rd, 2012 08:17 AM

RD, glad we don't have that kind of weather. Our weather today will be like Kuki's, a high of 75.

Off to PT for re-eval. Will probably come home with a much longer arm.

Prayers for all who are hurting.

Brenda

Lakers Fan February 23rd, 2012 09:11 AM

60 and possibly a lot warmer in this neck of the woods .

beenie weenie February 23rd, 2012 09:23 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well its gray and dreary outside, but my spirits are buoyed by the fact that my Husband reported he just saw a robin.
I finally got a good night's sleep night before last and decided to go out last night and hear an old friend play who I haven't seen in ages (I mean decades)... I took my babysitter with me and off we went for an evening of good music and some fine wine. It was nice. I sat in with my long lost friend Gordy last night, which I probably should not have done since my vocal chords could really use some time off after what I have put them through these past few months especially last week, but could not resist the temptation... Gordy videotaped it and posted it on YouTube, so I figured I would share it with you guys. It was a great night and we sure had fun. It was a wonderful way to spend an evening.

Bill Bailey - Trudy Wolf de Roeck - YouTube

ToddDH February 23rd, 2012 10:03 AM

See folks, I told you Trudy could sing!

Luanne Russo February 23rd, 2012 10:05 AM

Good morning all from a warm Texas. Should be in the 90's by afternoon, which is way to warm for this time of year.

Trudy, That is so good, and I am so glad to finally be able to hear you sing. You are truely blessed.

Has anyone filed for your tax refund? We filed in Jan electronicly like we always do, and didn't hear anything. We finally found out that something is going on in Wash. and now it won't get to the bank until Mar. 27th.:o

Mike, I have a question for you. In June, in Minn, what time does the sun go down? Here it is around 9:30, is it the same as here?

We found out yesterday that Jim is due to teach classes to a National Guard unit in Rapid City, SD in June. The problem is it is only a week, with no time off. I want to see Mount Rushmore, since neither of us have seen it before, but we would have to go after classes one day. I was told that it is better to see it in daylight, and then when it is getting dark.

Any info that would be welcome, if any of you have been before.

Today I have the usual stuff to do. Nothing exciting.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

Moiraine February 23rd, 2012 10:40 AM

Good morning mates. It's sunny and supposed to be warm this afternoon. I got some spring cleaning started yesterday but I'm not sure if I have the energy to continue. Dad had a bad dad. I'm just waiting to see how today will be. My brother and mother are coming for a visit tomorrow. It will be mom's second visit in 13 months. It should be interesting.

Have a good day.

beenie weenie February 23rd, 2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1417055)
See folks, I told you Trudy could sing!

Hey my buddy just posted this one.... I like it better.

Summertime Crazy! - YouTube

Kuki February 23rd, 2012 11:44 AM

Good Morning cruisemates! A beautiful day developing in my view from the patio perch. We're heading to 80 in the desert today, and I'm going to go out and see how many more golf balls I can lose.

Had dinner out last night with my mother, her caregiver, my brother in law, and of course Mrs. Kuki. Getting more difficult to watch my mother forget what she had done just hours earlier.

After golf today, we're out to dinner with visiting friends. Yup, looks like one of those weeks featuring alot of restaurant meals. It doesn't bother Mrs. Kuki :)

Beenie.. u can definately sing. But I got to see sing in person, so I already know that.

LS80 February 23rd, 2012 11:45 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........suppose to get into the low to mid 30's for the weekend..........

Not much going on today.........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

Moiraine February 23rd, 2012 12:01 PM

You have a nice voice Beenie.

Kuki, I'm really sorry. It hurts a lot to see a parent go down.

rollerdonna February 23rd, 2012 12:37 PM

Wow Beenie, you can really belt out a tune!Best part is, you seem to enjoy yourself so much doing it! You go girl!

donna

CruisinK n J February 23rd, 2012 01:06 PM

Thursday Morning Greeting

Good morning. Another balmy day. It was 84 yesterday.

Have a good day, people.

Judy

snorklr45 February 23rd, 2012 03:17 PM

Good Early Afternoon!!

Looks like another balmy day here in south Texas. Just hanging out with my little miniature weenie dog today since I am not feeling too hot. Will manage a few chores I'm sure. Have been eyeballing vegetable plants at the local co-op and little town grocery. I really should have a garden this year..Just don't know when to start it since I'm having that major surgery soon. I do have a soaker hose with auto timer..So it is tempting to go ahead and start at least a few bell peppers and maybe some basil. Those grow like weeds in my yard.

RD: sounds like you are having a true "snowmageddon" LOL

Kuki: I'm sorry to hear about your Mom - but glad you got to visit with her. I'll bet your wife is happy about not cooking this week!!

Hope ya'll have a great Thursday!!

Cheers!
Snorklr45

Marsdude February 23rd, 2012 03:49 PM

Hello everyone.

We are heading out the door to Denver to head out on our first cruise. We will have a day in Miami before we head out on the Dawn on Sunday.

It is cold and snowy up here in the Mts. of N. CO. I will probably have to plow out due to the wind. But then - sun and relaxation.

Thanks for all of the tips and advice we have received. It will surely make the trip better.

Moiraine February 23rd, 2012 05:01 PM

Have fun. I just know you're going to have a good time.