Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Default ...It's Friday at Last!

Morning Mates, it has been a long week for me, but here it is Friday at last!
There is no imporovement in the weather, in fact I think it's getting worse. One minute it is pouring rain, next minute it is snowing. It is also cold and blowing, so not a pleasant day at all. Counting down these last 2 weeks before I cruise to warmer climes! :-D

Last night we were invited to friends' for dinner, and what a lovely evening it was. They live in a centuries-old converted schoolhouse, in a cozy home with lots of country charm.
After a wonderful dinner, we sat around the woodstove and relaxed, it was so nice....
Sometimes, living in the country is just so perfect.....

donna
Old February 24th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It's a typical February day here with the temp around 30, a slight dusting of snow overnight and the chance of flurries.

My brother, from Texas, arrived, late Wednesday, for the annual Lake Winnebigoshish Ice Fishing Extravaganza. I can't go this year but my "stuff" will be there. He and my nephew took my Suburban, my portable fish house, my winter clothing, ice fishing tackle, poles and auger. Yes, they are lucky they have a brother and Uncle who has "stuff". They left yesterday afternoon to meet up with the rest of the guys and they all should be on the ice right about now.

I know they'll have a good time and I wish I was with them. However, the knowledge that one week from now I'll be in Miami waiting to board the Carnival Liberty a week from Saturday. Many of the same family and friends that are now ice fishing will be on board so it will be interesting going from the Arctic to the tropics in less than a week. It is going to be a fun time.

I am off to PT in about fifteen minutes and after that I don't have too much on the agenda. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Donna: We had friends for dinner the other night. I'm still burping Joe.

Take care,
Mike

P.S. I have to add something. Last week I saw an add here on the Home Page. It was for an "Atlantic Odyssey Spinner Garment Bag." from Overstock.com. I clicked it (Paul and IB will be happy) and checked it out. I had a $50 credit with Overstock and the bag was $100 so I figured what the heck. It arrived yesterday and it is one dang nice bag. It seems to be as nice as my $400 Hartman. I'll use it next week and see how it holds up. For a net $50 it was one good deal. Just figured that there are "deals" out there.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Default Tgif

Thank goodness its Friday was something I would say if I was still working .However ,that was last said by me many years ago .

Its raining here today .I was planning to do some shopping for my upcoming cruise but I think I will do it tomorrow .

A brand new restaurant opened in my area and I might go there for lunch today.
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Weird weather here in NWGA today, it was 71 at 5:30 this morning and dropping into to low 50's by afternoon. Yesterday was 78 and very windy but with lots of sunshine.

Slept well last night, 2 nights in a row.

May venture out and do some shopping today. I haven't done that since before Christmas. Hope my debit card still works. Need to find a couple of things before next Friday for our spring EOW (estrogen only weekend). There will be 10 of us renting a chalet in Pine Mountain, GA. Only rules we have for the weekends are you must be over 18, female and be related.

Hope everyone is improving healthwise.

Brenda
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a confused Texas. One minute it is hot, another it is cold. Everyone is sniffiling, because it is playing games with our sinuses.

Brenda, Your trip sounds wonderful. I have not thought of Pine Mountain in years. I grew up in Atlanta, and have been there many times.

Mike, Sorry you can't fish, but so glad you will be well enough to cruise. Sunshine will make you heal faster, I hope.

Donna, Your night out sounds wonderful.

I don't have much planned for today.

Hope everyone has a good one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. We've got some confused weather here, too. It's gone chilly on us now after being 80 yesterday afternoon. Heater, AC, back to heater. Oh well. It's not raining again. The OH tried to mow the back yard yesterday and found the fenceline under water in places.

My brother is bringing my mother to visit this afternoon. It should be interesting.

Have a good day all.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A wee coating of white stuff is out there,and here and there a snowflake floats gently to the ground.A bit of cold is her for a few days.

Next week the March cruisers start heading out en mass Mike, I bought a carryon 360...can't wait to float through the terminals. I will be watching you all on the Lauderdale webcam, sooo, make sure you go to the condo side , so I can wave at you! Alas, I sail from Miami, sooo, no waves for me! I am glad I am not on a cruise this week..oh John's blog, I think he said there was closr to 900 kids on one ship...oy!

Well, my 2 kids,Aiden & Lucy will be here, at Camp Memere soon, so,make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 24th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Mike I love Overstock's luggage and have bought my last 4 suitcases from them. (all hardsided and spinners) if anyone has mobility issues or needs to be able to move quickly and effortlessly with their bags, get a spinner. I am going to look at your garment bag.

I am pleased to report that the gloom & doom parade is slowly leaving my neighborhood. I have had a bad case of post cruise depression and post show depression, the sudden screeching halt of activity in my life was a wee bit unbearable for a few days. Spending an evening out with friends and a day in Indy with d/s helped some and I am happy to get engaged in a new choral project that will begin rehearsals soon. I have come to the conclusion that the kids are getting older and while they still need me (they made it clear that I was missed, during all the late night rehearsals these past few weeks) that it is once more my turn to pursue some of my own interests. So I am excited to see what's next. I think it is good too, to see if perhaps the kids might want to explore their potential in music and theatre.

So that's all that's happening in my world. Hope you all are well and you have a wonderful day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........cool & rain......

Mike.....have a good time on the cruise & hope the part of the family that are ice fishing now don't get too much of a shock on the warm cruise........

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Set for an incredibly beautiful day in Scottsdale, AZ. Temps heading for highs in the 80s.

A great day to sit by the pool and relax, so I'm going golfing

I'm grateful that we're able to be enjoying our "winter" down here, though it's been an unusually warm winter at home. Our months here have gone so smoothly. Mrs. Kuki and I get along so well when we're down here. Probably because I'm gone golfing alot, so she can do what she wants

Mrs. Kuki is going home in mid March, to go back to work. I'll stay on a bit longer afterwards. This year she's saying she'd actually like to stay longer too, but one of us has to create some income, and it's her turn now
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Being a world class procrastinator, I really have to start putting things together for the Ray and Todd show on the Epic on the 17th.

Fran always did the packing for every trip we ever took until the Cruisemates Dinner in 2010. I'm going to start by making lists. Believe it or not, I don't have to worry about toiletries because I never even opened my toiletry bag that was included in my "Care Bear" bag which Jen and the kids brought me when I was hospitalized last Fall. Any and everything you can imagine is in there!

The weather here has been screwy as well. At nine this morning it was bright sun, at 9:30 it was pouring rain, at 10:15 it was bright sun and they're calling for wind and evening thunderstorms. At this rate, they'll probably fit a blizzard in there somewhere!

I agree with you B/W. It's time a lot of folks around your (to me tender) age start doing things in their lives that they enjoy whether it be the arts or whatever. I certainly am though in my case it pretty much falls under "Staying Alive." It still seems so wierd to me that my cardiologist is young enough to be my son! Thankfully, he also treats me as such. Every time I walk into the office it's nothing but hugs and kisses from everyone and it tickles me when all of the other patients' jaws drop almost like, "Who in the hell is this guy, some kind of big wheel?!" 'Course a "Big Wheel" is nothing but a small wheel that keeps on turning.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and I hope Henry that you enjoy your new neighborhood restaurant. God, what I wouldn't give for a New York Pastrami sandwich and a slice of real New York Pizza with extra cheese!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Default Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Being a world class procrastinator, I really have to start putting things together for the Ray and Todd show on the Epic on the 17th.

Fran always did the packing for every trip we ever took until the Cruisemates Dinner in 2010. I'm going to start by making lists. Believe it or not, I don't have to worry about toiletries because I never even opened my toiletry bag that was included in my "Care Bear" bag which Jen and the kids brought me when I was hospitalized last Fall. Any and everything you can imagine is in there!

The weather here has been screwy as well. At nine this morning it was bright sun, at 9:30 it was pouring rain, at 10:15 it was bright sun and they're calling for wind and evening thunderstorms. At this rate, they'll probably fit a blizzard in there somewhere!

I agree with you B/W. It's time a lot of folks around your (to me tender) age start doing things in their lives that they enjoy whether it be the arts or whatever. I certainly am though in my case it pretty much falls under "Staying Alive." It still seems so wierd to me that my cardiologist is young enough to be my son! Thankfully, he also treats me as such. Every time I walk into the office it's nothing but hugs and kisses from everyone and it tickles me when all of the other patients' jaws drop almost like, "Who in the hell is this guy, some kind of big wheel?!" 'Course a "Big Wheel" is nothing but a small wheel that keeps on turning.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and I hope Henry that you enjoy your new neighborhood restaurant. God, what I wouldn't give for a New York Pastrami sandwich and a slice of real New York Pizza with extra cheese!
When you make your list be sure to remind yourself to pack signs reading :Todd was here to leave in St.Thomas and St.Maarten.

Re NY foods ,you will just have to plan a visit to NYC
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday at Last

Good morning. The sun is shining with a vengence but it will be a little cooler, we're told. Certainly not the variety that some of you folks are talking about.

I'm jealous of all the cruisers.

It's gym day for Keith, so I'd better get the day started.

Have a good one, everybody.

Judy

Old February 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where it is already in the 70's today. the poor plants are really getting confused with the unseasonably warm weather. This morning I cleaned the house, ran a wash, then went to the bank and did some food shopping. Rob and I just finished cleaning from lunch. I am going into work tonight to garner a few extra hours. (I had a "field day" at Dillards on Wednesday and have to have the money to pay for my "splurge"). Rob and I are heading up to Maryland next weekend as both sets of kids are treating us for our 40th anniversary. The years have gone by too fast!
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Happy Anniversary and Happy Purim