Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:17 AM
First Mate

Default Same Old Sunday

Good Morning Cruisemates!

Today is the same old routine for me. Heading home, then church, then nap, then Softball. It is working out pretty well ending my work week that way, but I am ready for a change. Softball only has one more week for this season, so iw will be bitter sweet.

It has been a very busy few nights at work, so I haven't had any time to post in the mornings before I go home. I love when we are busy because the night goes faster and it is good job security, but it is sad how many people are sick and need admitted, upgraded, etc.

I am VERY excited this morning because I have officially paid for my upcoming cruise in full, booked my flights, and booked my pre-cruise hotel in Seattle!! My husband and I wish it was this week, but we'll just have to wait the 194 days to go.....

I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend and a great week ahead!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Admiral

A good Sunday morning to you Krista, and all mates to follow...
I wonder if Todd will be sleeping through this Sunday, after his very busy day yesterday?.....

We ventured out last night, bad weather or not, and had a great time at trivia. Two of the answers involved song titles, and when they were revealed, the whole pub erupted into song! It was so funny!
We are so fortunate to have a place "where everybody knows your name", that is so welcoming, warm, and wonderful.

Today will be cleaning and trying on summer clothes. I have a feeling that a lot of what didn't fit for our Christmas cruise just might fit me now! 2 weeks to go!

donna
Old February 26th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Captain

It is a cold morning here but the sun is shinning! What a weekend it has been around here. My brother-in-law was admitted to the hospital with what his Dr. was sure was his apendix. Turns out it was not that but diverticulitus (spelling?). He is doing better as of last night but will be staying for a few more days till they get him fixed up. Yesterday was a basketball day for me. The oldest grandaughter was playing in a 3rd grade tournament and the finals were yesterday. They won the first game which put them up against a team that is a big rival. It took 3 overtimes before we lost by 2 points. Those 3rd graders were dissappointed but they had played hard.
This is one of my favorite weeks of the year...my Christmas...NASCAR is back!!! I have tried to watch as much as possible this week to learn the new numbers and teams. Watched the truck race Friday night, the Nationwide race yesterday afternoon and will be planted in front of the TV for the big race today. Just hope it is a safe race and that Tony wins!
Everyone have a good day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 26th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Admiral

32 but very sunny here ,tomorrow it is expected to be 55
Old February 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning all!

Tiring day up at Tri-Cities Got Talent but BOY what an increase in the professionalism and quality of the talent a year makes and they were good last year! Additionally, the word is spreading and we're having to expand and add venues. Since absolutely no one in the organization is paid, it's that much more for the families of the sick children. The folks get to entertain, the finalist eventually goes onto America's Got Talent but (as I've previously stated) doesn't wait in any line...they go right in. Since we didn't have a "break room" for the volunteers (of which there were many), I rented a room and when Jeff walked in about 10:30 am he was absolutely exhausted having been over to the hospital four times during the night. I collected all of the keys and Jen and I told him to go up and take a nap and we'd awaken him when it was time for his "bit" (he is the personification of an MC; extremely kind, absolutely hilarious and has the perfect voice for the part). We "forgot" about his part (Jen filled in beautifully) for an extra two very appreciated hours. Appropriately today is not only their 17th Anniversary but Jen's birthday.

We were all done, the eight thousand miles of cable were all looped and all the lights, speakers, souvenir sales stuff, lighting, poles, posters, everything, was packed in the trailers by 10 minutes to eight. Any of you guys who'ver ever been in a true professional rock 'n roll band will be familiar with the work, especially the heavy lifting of a four thousand dollar keyboard, huge speakers, extremely large mixer, power units, etc., involved.

Walked in the door last night extremely tired and was I stunned to the max! The kitchen, sunroom and my bedroom were immaculate! Someone was in this house yesterday and out of four guesses, the first three don't count! I admit, the tears of thanks and love just rolled down my face. My benefactor, whom I swore faithfully would remain nameless and whom I called straightaway said to me, "You're always doing for others and I thought it would be nice to do something for you!" That's including a 220 round trip drive! 'Course it won't take long for most you to figure out who that was!

I am truly blessed!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and Sue, I'll be ensconced in my recliner this afternoon in front of the TV as well as the "good 'ol boys" crank 'em up at Daytona.

Prayers for all those on the list and multitudinous Blessings go out to all of my adored Cruisemates
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 26th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Texas where it is sunny and cool.

I am the only one up this morning, since Jim and Josh went to the party last night. I have no idea what time they got home, but hopefully it was a lot of fun for them.

Yesterday the new sofa arrived. Jim did a good job picking it out. The material is a smokey gray, and it reclines, vibrates, and heats up. I think Joe would be so pleased to know that his room had been turned into a place for the guys to have fun. I think the "man cave" is complete.

I talked to Todd last night, and he had a wonderful time, and sounded very up beat. I will let him tell you the details. I hope he is resting this morning.

I am also waiting for the race to start. This time last year we were fighting the crowds in Daytona to get to our seats. Unless we go to the Texas race, we won't be attending any this year, because Jim lost all of his leave time, when he changed jobs, but I will surely be watching.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I found the Vicks last night. Dad slept well and so did I. The felines woke me up around 6:30 for breakfast and I went back to bed. I am well rested. The only plans I have today are to take care of dad, walk the dog, make cheesburgers for supper tonight, watch the ships sail out of Port Everglades, and read. It should be a relaxing day if nothing happens.

Todd, I am glad that you had a good day. I'm also glad you have a clean house. Yes, your adopted family love you. We love you too. It seems you have more than one adopted family. I hope that Jeff and Jen have a wonderful day.

Well, I hope all of you NASCAR fans enjoy the race today. I watched for a few years. Being from Mark Martin's hometown you know who I root for.(I moved a few hours south 30 years ago.) I stopped watching when I saw Dale Sr. killed. I don't have the stomach for it.

Donna, I'm glad you and James got out last night and had fun. It really must be nice to go to a place where everyone knows your name.

Krista, I hope you enjoy your day.

Henry, I hope you make it to the new eating place tomorrow and the food is good.

Have a good day peeps.
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........cold this morning but at least it's dry!!!!!

Krista.........sure does feel good when your cruise is paid for........it's somehow REAL then!!!! Hope you enjoy Seattle.......Tacoma is more fun tho........

Todd.......you are truley blessed........

Luanne......hang in there......

Thinking of all that are sick or feeling bad.....

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Happy Sunday
Off shortly to brunch and a spa day. Have a great day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Turns out it was not that but diverticulitus (spelling?).

Travelgalsue, that is the correct spelling, and I have been told the pain is likened to appendicitis, kidney stones and labour. All I know is that it is @#$% painful, and it's what landed me in the hospital last week. Thank goodness for morphine drips! Hope your brother-in-law is feeling better....Once they treat the pain, and get some IV antibiotics into you, it does feel better fast...

donna
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Enjoying my coffee and cruisemates from the comfy patio perch, while listening to the geese wake everyone up, and watching the early morning golfers try to find the green in front of me.

Yet another goregous day in the 80s here, and nary a cloud in the sky.

My own golf game on tap later this morning, and I'm looking forward to spending my day swearing at that little white ball.

Tonight it's over to a friend's place for an Oscar party. I haven't seen any of the movies, but I'll enjoy the food
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates.

We will be busy today as we continue to show my son more of our neck of the woods.
It's been a nice visit, but he has to go back home tomorrow.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy cool Florida. Gotta have some days like this so we don't stop appreciating all that glorious sunshine we usually have.

So glad to see all the posts today after seeing the last few days.

Moiraine, it's so good to see that you got a good nights sleep at last. You need an extra big helping of grace and patience to do what you do. Your dad is a blessed man to have you.

Todd, I loved hearing about your surprise welcome home. Sit back enjoy your clean house and the Daytona races today!

Sue, I'm glad your brother is getting some much needed medical care and comfort. I have problems like that although it hasn't been diagnosed as diverticulitis, but I sure can identify with the pain and other symptoms. It's just like Donna described and no fun.

Congratulations on getting everything wrapped up for you cruise, Krista. Nothing like having a cruise to look forward to!!!

Take care everyone
Phyll
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone:

We had a fun night last night. It was my best friends birthday. We calculated we've known each other for 45 years now. We are more like brothers than friends. We had a great night out except the "corn" tortillas at the Mexican restaurant were a mix of corn and flour and because of that I was talking to Ralph on the white telephone around 1:00 a.m.

I wasn't able to get back to sleep until 4:00 a.m. but then I did sleep until 10:30 a.m.. Not bad for me. Since then I've been busy. I have all my cruise clothes out and ready to be packed. I've made four loaves of gluten free bread and put the corned beef on to simmer. Betty is getting the veggies ready. My brother and nephew will be arriving in a bit from the Great White North and will probably be hungry. They had to cut the fishing trip short this year because of a major Winter Storm in northern Minnesota.

It looks like it was an eventful weekend for my fellow Cruisemates. I sure know about Diverticulitis and it isn't fun but I've kept mine under control for a number of years. Taking out most of my guts helped.

Oh well: It's time to take the last of the bread out of the oven.

Take care everyone,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me