Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Default Another Wet Florida Monday

Well sportsfans, it appears there may be again problems getting in the Daytona 500 today. The weather forecast yesterday didn't look good and this morning so far bears that out. At best will be a run/stop and dry the track/run/stop and dry the track affair but I certainly hope not.

Here, its supposed to be mostly sunny with highs in the 50's. Nothing on tap except I've decided to try my best to keep the house in the same shape I found it after a visit from the good fairy house cleaner on Saturday.

Also have to begin arranging for the Ray and Todd Show although I've reverted to my old packing ways now that Fran's gone. It's akin to back when I was an LEO and worked the Academy ranges. Throw some laid back civies into a bag and hit the road Guess there'll be no more Sam Browne, Mdl. 13 S&W .357, loop and speed loaders, 200 rounds of ammo and 12 Ga. Remington 870-P (which I fondly used to refer to as "The Fun Gun") with two fifty round bandoliers of 12 ga ammo. Wouldn't you love to see the faces on the folks working homeland security at the airport if you sauntered up to the check-in decked out in all that stuff - especially if I were ever to still have my sombrero. They'd be tripping over themselves heading for the exits. I do though have to get another handgun as I'm going back to private teaching this spring.

Reminiscing a bit, back around 81 or 82 I was visiting down in a residential neighborhood in Brooklyn and getting all of that stuff out of the car (of course I was still in uniform as I'd come straight from the range in Albany) and two guys in a precinct car happened by. Boy the tail lights came on, the car screeched to a halt and both of them turned around in the front seat, dropped it in reverse and squealed back up the street. The sidekick rolled down the window and asked, "What %3@&*$# war are you going too?" I just smiled and said, "Nowhere, I'm just gonna' start one!" The cop said, "Don't worry, we WON'T be there!" I laughed and said, "Don't worry, I won't need you!!" A Sergeant was driving and he said, "I guess not!" and off they went. Sometimes being a weapons officer could be a lot of fun.

Hope everyone has a great Monday and hopefully they get in the race at Daytona. Prayers and Blessings continue but of course
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning Todd and all to follow....
Sorry about the rain in Daytona, but I'm afraid I have no sympathy, because it's SNOWING here again! It was practically all melted after all the rain we got this weekend, but now it looks like we're in for another 20 cms, a snowfall and wind warning, and I'm just waiting to hear if they cancel school at noon....

Meanwhile, we will still be heading out to the pool this morning for our indoor walk. Last Monday I managed to make it up to a mile and a half, so that is my goal for today.

donna
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Captain

Sunny day on tap here also. D/H has a golf game planned so that is good. I am so hoping they get to run the Daytona 500 today but it sure isn't looking to good. The weatherheads are saying the rain should be out of the area by 3 so we may see a night race. I watched FOX all day yesterday just hoping they would get it in. We have friends who are down there for the race, bet they were a wet bunch!
Today I have some housework that needs to get done b/4 the race coverage starts. Todd, maybe you could send your housecleaning angels my way. Have fun getting things ready for the Ray & Todd show. Only wish I could go along just to watch.
My brother-in-law may get sprung from the hospital today. He was feeling much better thanks to the pain killers and antibiotics they pumped him full of. Thanks to everyone for the comments just didn't realize we had so many mates with the same issue. It sounds painful for the patient.
Everyone have a good day and prayers to all in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Admiral

G'Morning Todd, Donna, Sue and all the "Mates" to follow. Yep, it's been overcast, but not raining here in Central Florida. Actually, we NEED some rain around here, as it's been extremely dry lately, and the water table is dangerously low!
Todd, it sounds like you had some good times during your career in law enforcement. I know from talking to you, that you enjoyed your career choice. Bravo!
Well, the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I pulled the trigger on the May 26th "Dream" voyage, to celebrate my birthday. (Couldn't wait to hear "Hoppy Birfday Too Shoes) and it turns out that there may be a conflict with our "doggie sitter" so I may have to change it, one way, or the other. I'm waiting to hear back from her to see what I need to do. We usually don't sail during the summer months, but I decided to make the exception this year, for a couple of reasons.
Hope y'all have a GREAT day.

Ken
"SKY"
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
How does that song go? I've got sunshine_________!But today, does look like it just might be the best day of the week..drat!

The, get me my summer clothes shuffle began yesterday,and now I have a pile...gotta do something about that..wash/iron,clean or I dunno... I looked at my flight reservation and the return flight changed times...enough to give me agita. It still amazes me that if we wanted a non stop flight, we'd need over a grand to go up and down just once

Now I have to decide if I want to go out, or not.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 27th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Trip, I did the "clothing shuffle" yesterday too and now have a BIG pile of ironing to do....
But the best part is, I can now fit into all the stuff I couldn't fit into for my cruise last Dec.!

donna
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a dull Texas. I and the weather people have no idea what is going on.

As I sit here, I am listening to the news coverage of the school shooting in Ohio. Today, many lives have changed forever. My heart and prayers go out to those involved.

My heart also goes out to those who spent money to attend the race this weekend. We always plan on an extra day incase of rain, but many do not plan for several days. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I have several household stuff to do today, but other than that, nothing planned.

I hope all of you have a good one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........got a dusting of snow yesterday.......didn't last.......32 right now.....

It's Monday.........so that means laundry.......it sure does seem to multiply.........

Trip.......over a grand???? WOW!!!!!

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Sharon, yes, over a grand! Flight from "up north" are a pain, and go up at least a grand when it is "prime time" like Christmas and March Break. We tried to use air miles (we certainly have enough of them!) but they don't work either because the flights are not available when you want them, just odd days here and there, as well as re-routing you all over the US instead of going in a straight line, non-stop. Air travel is the pits, but a necessity if we want to cruise.....

donna
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:57 AM
First Mate

A sunny, mid-40 day for us in NW Ohio. I had laser ablation on my right leg on Friday and am trying to recuperate from that. Doctor could have given me some idea what to expect!! Was on phone with him Saturday morning. Today, some tightness in the leg and feeling a bit blah! Oh well, it is done - one leg finished, one to go!

DD#2 still working on her invites. Should be done in about a week. Planning the shower for her and trying to let her study as much as she can. Boards at the end of the month of March, so not a lot of time.

Have a good day to all and hope all feeling good!
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning from rainy Palm Coast, Florida.

I have been living here for three months with hardly any rain at all and now it all comes at once.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A bump in the road of sublime weather is "apparently" due for today and tomorrow. High winds and temps in the low 60s forecast for today and tomorrow. Though at the moment there's bright sunshine, light winds and golfers playing by my patio perch.

I have no plans for today. ZIPPO---nothing --- nada. A day to perhaps catch up on what's on the PVR.

Have the next round of friends arriving back in town beginning tomorrow, so probably a busier end of week and weekend ahead.

And just a few days until baseball's Spring Training begins. A beautiful spring training ballpark very close to us, so I'm going to be catching some ball games for sure.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Default Another Wet Florida Monday

It's a wet Monday here in SoCal, too. We're heading for the clinic in a few minutes for Keith for his first visit with an orthopedic surgeon. We need a lot more information in order to make the surgery decision.

We went to a funny play yesterday. Only one more to go and the season is over. We both enjoyed the Oscars last night. Much shorter than it usually is. They had good weather for it, as well.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old February 27th, 2012, 05:52 PM
First Mate

Wet cool day here in south Texas. Just a little laundry today and a lot of irritation with my docs office. Have spent a week just trying to get my surgery re-scheduled. I still do not have a date for surgery and was told to just wait until they get time to do it. It seems that a patient in pain that needs major surgery is a very low priority around there. They do not return calls and I have spoken to several folks in that office to no avail..If I did not already have cashiers checks made out to the doctor for this surgery, I would be looking for a new one.....
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Good evening from Warmville .