Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Default Snow Day Tuesday!

Morning Mates, from another Snow Day in Pictou County. All schools are closed, and other cancellations are rolling in to the radio station.
Waiting on the pool to see if I go to Aquafit, and I also have a dentist appointment at 9...have to wait till 8:30 to call and see if they are open.
Right now it looks like a white out, road has been plowed, but it's coming down heavy....
Most likely, TOPS will be cancelled for tonight, but I'm pretty sure I lost again this week, so I'm not worried.
Have a good day all!

donna
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Update: cancelled the dentist, and not even going to attempt the pool, driving warnings are in effect. Looks like a good day to stay in with a good book....

donna
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Admiral

There may be snow in Pictou but there were plenty of flames at Daytona last night. Toward the end of the race and under caution, Carlos Montoya had something break on his car and it jerked right and sailed right into the back of a track jet dryer with 200 gallons of jet fuel in it. There was a hot time in Daytonal last night. They finally got the fire out, got the truck off the track and washed that section of the track with Tide Detergent. How's that for free advertising? I can see it now, "Want clean clothes? Heck, we sparkle the Daytona International Speedway!!"

Among caution flags, fire, Tide, etc., the race commenced at around 7:15 pm and finished a little past 1:00 am this morning but boy was it a a barn burner as well as a truck burner. Matt Kenseth won and Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished second.

Boy, it just don't get no better'n that!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Like Donna, we are preparing for SNOWMAGEDDON II - THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL

The talking weather heads are just a twitter with excitement over this one. Actually, it could be nasty because it is going to start as snow, change to sleet-freezing rain-rain and then back to snow tomorrow. For the Minneapolis area it should be around 6" of snow but a lot of it could be washed away by the rain. Just north of us they are expecting 15" of snow. I'm just worried what it will be like tonight when Betty has to drive home at midnight.

It's been a fun two days around here. My older brother returned early from the annual fishing trip because of heavy snow in northern Minnesota. So, we were able to enjoy ourselves for a couple of days. We went out for dinner last night and the highlight was afterward when we went to Target and I bought new underwear. Will the excitement ever cease????? He flies home today, weather permitting, and Betty will drop him off at the airport on her way to work.

I have all my cruise clothes ready and we'll be off to Miami on Friday morning to meet the family and friends as we take over the Carnival Liberty. There are now 16 of us going so if you are sailing on the Carnival Liberty this weekend I apologize, in advance, for the actions of the Mastellar's and their friends who will be on board. Hmmmm, I wonder how much damage I can do with a walker. Note to self: Get drink holder for walker. btw: this is a joke. We are a fairly civilized group but we do have a good time.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and a wonderful rest of the week. And to all Cruisemates who aren't sailing this weekend I just want to say: Na Na Na Na Na Na...........

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me

Last edited by Mike M; February 28th, 2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: I guess the original picture was "Too Scary" for some.
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Captain

It was a short sleep night for me. I was not about to miss one minute of the race which as Todd said was a real barn burner. In all my years (50+) in going to and watching on TV I have never seen a race like that one. Just so glad that no on was injured and all walked away from the carnage.
RD, sorry you are snowed in so I won't rub it in to much that we are due to be in the 60's today. Wierd weather for us this winter but I'll Everyone is getting excited and so am I.
Mike, just had a group come back from a cruise on the Liberty. Heard nothing but good things about the ship and the cruise. Hope you all have a great time.
So sad to hear about the school shooting in Chardon, Ohio. We know several folks from that area and are praying for all of them. Such a tragedy.
Hope you all have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Weather in the low 70's today followed by rain.

Todd, I gave up on the race and went to sleep. Hope the rest of the season is as exciting.

Mike, enjoy your cruise on the Liberty, we did.

Trying to decide on a cruise in Sept. but we have not yet.

Hope everyone is getting better with all the illnesses and injuries.

Have a wonderful day, I intend to.

Brenda
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids..
Bright & sunny, tomorrow and Thursday will be wonky here..but around 50 on Saturday...oh my!

So, the outcome for my summer clothes shuffle is, I need some new pants..Iv'e been picking up tops here & there,and I am going Epic casual. Mike,and of course new undies too

Mike make sure you and your group get on the condo side as you sail out...Get something to wave, so they will give you and your clan, a closeup..we'll be watching!

Little Lucy is coming soon, I hope she leaves her twin Diva, home....oh Lord!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; February 28th, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Hi Kids..
Bright & sunny, tomorrow and Thursday will be wonky here..but around 50 on Saturday...oh my!

So, the outcome for my summer clothes shuffle is, I need some new pants..Iv'e been picking up tops here & there,and I am going Epic casual. Mike,and of course new undies too

Mike make sure you and your group get on the condo side as you sail out...Get something to wave, so they will give you and your clan, a closeup..we'll be watching!

Little Lucy is coming soon, I hope she leaves her twin Diva, home....oh Lord!

Make it a good one.

Do you think 14 people mooning will get us a closeup???

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from soggy Texas. The temps are mild, but everything is wet.

It was a long night, and I am feeling it this morning. The race was great, and should be an exciting season.

I received a call yesterday that our new furniture was ready to be delivered, so last night we gave our old stuff to a friend of Joe's. This morning I am going to wash the livingroom down, and hopefully the delivery people will be here soon.

We also received our income tax refund last night. It was filed in Jan. so I am glad the country still had the money to pay us. I was getting a little worried.

I am excited for all of your cruises. There won't be one for us this year, but it's nice to live through all of you.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

If you do, it will be up on Twitter & FB in a heartbeat lol

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 28th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning from foggy Palm Coast, Florida.

I hope that all the snow stays further north, since I will in Connecticut for about three weeks starting this thursday.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........might get some of that white stuff tomorrow.......sure hope not.......

Mike........sounds like you're gonna have a great time....

Trip.........maybe I missed it......where do ya get to see the ship leave?????

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Default Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
Good morning from foggy Palm Coast, Florida.

I hope that all the snow stays further north, since I will in Connecticut for about three weeks starting this thursday.

TM
Sunny and 55 where I am ,your part of CT should be the same today.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Admiral

It is very sunny and clear and will reach the high 70s here in Patzcuaro, Mexico. (Another fabulous day) Itīs no wonder "Patzcuaro" means gateway to heaven in Tarascan, the language of many indigenous purepechan people here.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Chuck,

Certainly sounds like paradise in virtually all aspects. You've obviously chosen a wonderful retirement home.

You two stay safe.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Default Snow Day Tuesday

Good morning! It rained off and on yesterday and we even had some hail and thunder. More of same tomorrow, but the sun is shining, but it's cold.

Donna, have a nice, cozy day!
Mike, enjoy the cruise with the clan.
Luanne, enjoythe new furniture. Lucky you!

The orthopedist said that Keith is, indeed, a candidate for knee replacement, but at this point, it's up to him whether or not to go ahead and do it. The risks of blood clot and/or infection is ten percent. That increases with age. He has six weeks to mull it over.

Judy
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Judy,

For what it's worth, I'm quickly getting there myself even though I'll be 65 which I believe is somewhat young for that procedure. My decision is already made. Absolutely I'll get the replacement and I'm not going to go through any of that arthroscopic stuff for it rarely, if ever, turns out to be a permanent fix, at least when compared to a knee replacement.
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:07 PM
First Mate

My weather is like Luanne's. Wet and warm. I got out and ran a few errands today. Tomorrow..It is off to have my eyes examined (Lord knows, I need my head examined ). I may even treat myself to a pedicure while I am waiting for the eye dilation to wear off..

Mike, i am green with envy..However - not too green since i think I have finally decided on the cruise I want to take. The solo rate is not that bad either. I enjoyed that last trip solo so much last time and if I book before the 1st, I'll get a cabin credit in addition to the great solo price!! I think I will book it for December as that will give me enough time to heal from the surgery I am having on the 22nd of March. They finally re-scheduled me today!! The cruise will be my "reward" after healing from surgery I think..Unlike some of the other stronger souls on here, I do not expect to be on my computer at the hospital..lol I expect to be giving the nurses a hard time, walking when I have to and sleeping in between that. I will go home the SECOND I can talk my doctor into it.

Meanwhile, I will be checking utube for a large section of mooners..