Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning and I'm Outta Here :)

Good morning everyone:

Well the old knee didn't let me sleep too much so I'm waiting for the 4 a.m. alarm to go off and awaken Sleeping Beauty. Then it's off to the airport to catch our 7:30 a.m. flight to Miami. On Saturday we'll board the Carnival Liberty and have a fun week with my family and some friends. Hopefully, I'll be able to put myself into "the zone" and catch some sleep on the plane.

My ortho visit went well. I was cleared for the cruise but I will have to use the walker and/or a cane for walking around the ship and if I venture on shore. He did say that he wants me to take the brace off around the house and just use a cane. (I didn't tell him I've been doing that for a week now.) His estimation is that I should be back to full strength in another month to six weeks. Then it's another surgery to take out the wires that were used to tie my knee cap back together. This surgery should be a quick and easy one and not require total anesthesia. I wouldn't do total anyway after they "over gorked" me on the first surgery.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful upcoming week. I'll think of you as I kick back in the warm sun and sip on a "medicinal" foo foo drink.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2012, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Mike, wishing you a most wonderful Bon Voyage - you and Betty deserve this cruise after all you've been through in the past few months!

Yesterday James took Emma to the vet because of of horrible breath and her new habit of "smacking" and "chomping" her lips as if something was stuck in her teeth. The vet suspected a buildup of tartar but when she investigated, she found a tumour on her gums.
I am taking her back this morning for surgery;
the vet will do a biopsy to see if it's benign or malignant. May I ask for your prayers?
This will be a hard day to get through, and even then, we probably won't know for a week...

donna
Old March 2nd, 2012, 07:56 AM
Admiral

I too wish you well, Mike. As noted above, you guys deserve a restful week, and I know you'll get it aboard the beautiful "Liberty". She's a GREAT ship!
Donna, you and Emma certainly have our prayers. I know everything's going to work out O.K. for Emma. Our pets are our family! I'm sitting here trying to type with a Schnauzer (Schroeder) on my lap, so we certainly know what you're going through. By the way, say "Hello" to Bert Stratton when you get aboard. We haven't been "Berterized" for a long time, and miss him, and his great music, and silly routines. I do have some of his music on my I-Pod, and listen to him occasionally.
Got to run, but a big HELLO to all the "Mates" from the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and me.

"SKY"
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Mike, enjoy your cruise, I know I would.

RD, hope all goes well with Emma.

No cruise but I am off shortly for our spring EOW. Can't wait to spend time with female family. Ten women for a weekend with only 2 baths but somehow we make it work. Lots of food, games, movies and did I say food.
Sometimes it looks like we plan to stay a month. We always say not next time but from what I have seen so far it will be way too much food.

Have a great weekend all.

Brenda
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I've got errands and shopping to do today. I'll be glad to be out of the house for a while.

Mike, enjoy the cruise.

Brends, enjoy your time with the women.

Donna, you've got my best coming your way. I wish I was there to give you a hug.

Have a good day people.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

Have a nice cruise Mike.

For the next three weeks I traded Sunny Florida for Cold Connecticut.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Texas.

Mike have a great cruise.

Donna, Thinking of you today.

Have a great day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Donna,

You and Emma are definitely in my prayers! She is absolutely adorable and I know (t repeat Ken) how much those of us who have animals mean to us.

Mike, know you'll have a great cruise being with family and friends. Will only be a few short weeks behind you.

Hope everything goes well with your Dad today, Moiraine.

Enjoy the warm weather down there in Texas Luanne and Jim.

Eat drink, play games and be merry, Brenda!

Prayers and Blesings continue of course.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids, The trees have a coating if white, I'll enjoy it till tomorrow,when it will be raining and 50! Oh well

So, the March cruise parade begins, so many of us will be off doing and eating what we want...oh well

Little Lucy, McDiva will be here shortly, and at that point the day really begins..oh well

Mike, have a ball,and no clogging for you!! RD, thinking of Emma.....

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! High today in the desert is only supposed to reach 67, but 80 + the next week or so.

Mike... have a wonderful time with your family & friends (I thought we were.friends too ) Restrict yourself to 3 Guy Feiri burgers a day

Busy season is back, with lots of folks in town for the next 10 days or so. Mrs. Kuki is getting mopey...as she only has 11 days until she heads north.

Donna...poor Emma. Hope all goes well for you and her!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny hot hot hot FL.
My daughter and her husband arrived yesterday and this morning they are off to walk around the Honda Golf Classic for a while. I had a bad night so I decided not to join them. I'm not sure how I'd hold up in this heat anyway.

Mike, Bon Voyage. I know you will have a great time cruising with your family! Glad to hear the doc gave you the all clear.

Donna, my heart goes out to you this morning too. I know how much our pets mean to each of us and how hard it is when they have to go through anything that makes them hurt. Hoping for good results from the surgery.

Two weeks from today Jake and I will be boarding the Celeb Equinox for 10 nights. So nice to have a cruise coming up. Looks like a lot of us will be heading out around the same time.

Have a good one everybody.
Phyll
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning...

RD...Prayers going out to Emma that goes well.

Mike have a great time!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
First Mate

Hi all! Mike and Betty, hope your cruise is great! Brenda, you have fun, too!

RD, I feel for you! I know what you are going through, as we did with our Mia in November. Hopefully the outcome is like Mia's (benign). I will be thinking of you.

Suppose to be warm (60's) in NW Ohio with a high potential for nasty weather. Since the winter was SO mild, the nasty is expected. Ugh. I hate storms and especially when they can contain swirly things! Ugh.

Not much happening. DD#2 off to an interview and DH is working Saturday. A quiet weekend of house cleaning awaits!

Have a good day to all and hope your weekend is nice!
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............cool & rain.....what else is now????

Mike........you & Betty & family have a great cruise!!!!!

Phyll.............nice to see ya posting.......you & Jake have fun on the cruise............

Not much going on today.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Rainville
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning and I'm Outta Here

Good morning, and a bright sunny one it is! I hope warmer, too!

Bon Voyage, Mike.

Donna, I REALLY hope Emma does well!

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old March 3rd, 2012, 12:36 AM
First Mate

Good evening from a balmy south Texas!

Mike, have a drink for me too please!!! Tell Betty to have TWO umbrella drinks for me, thx!

RD: I'll say a little prayer for you and Emma. I don't know what I'd do without my little baby girl so I know how u feel..

Ran errands today. Went and ordered new glasses. Tortoise shell color, thin frames, thin lenses, strong prescription..

Then on to the tire place where I asked them to remove my tire and remove the rocks that were rolling around in there making all kinds of racket! I offered to pay them to do this. Rather than charging me a fee to do this for me..They gave me the run around, tried to sell me some rims I did not need, said they would remove my tire and take care of it but never did. So I spent 2 hrs at Discount Tire being coughed on by 4 kids in a hot waiting room for no good reason.. So off I went in my loud, rocks hitting metal rims tire...Driving me crazy to the point that I might ask a stranger for a X a n a x....

Think I'm staying home and enjoying my weekend.

CarnivalTriumph