Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning from the Carnival Liberty

Good morning everyone:

It's a beautiful morning here on the Carnival Liberty. My family and I are having a great time. We spent yesterday at Half Moon Cay. I did the Cabana rental and it was a wonderful day. Although the cabana is for four people the other six that came with parked in front and we took turns enjoying the shade and cool air conditioning.

I do have to say that perhaps HMC as magical waters. I went out into the ocean for a long time and my knee hasn't felt this good yet. I am walking much better last night and this morning. Carnival should go into the medical business.

The young folks are enjoying the clubs and everyone went to the comic last night and had a great time. So far the food is pretty good and I am having zero problem with being gluten free.

I hope everyone is well and had a great weekend. Now I must go and see what breakfast has to offer. Hmmmmmmmm, omelet? scrambled eggs and bacon? Decisions, decisions.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Mike, so glad to hear you are having a great time - you deserve it! Also glad to hear you are having no problem going gluten-free...that will be my challenge this time around..

Also, I am a firm believer in the healing powers of salt water. The ONLY time my tendonitis elbow did not hurt on my last cruise was while I was in the sea! I have been soaking it in Epsom salts ever since and it has much improved.
I am looking forward to soaking it in the sea again next week!

Next week can't come soon enough...we had another 10 cms of snow overnight, and although it looks pretty, I am more than ready to get away from it!
At least my after school kids will have enough to sled in this week, it was almost all melted by the end of last week....

I'm off for my 1 1/2 mile walk this morning around the pool. I have vowed that I will walk on this upcoming cruise, it will be a whole lot more enjoyable in the open sea air!

donna
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I'm up but not going yet. I've got some calls to make today and the neverending chores. My mom called me yesterday evening to tell me she's been bleeding from the rectum. She's supposed to call today and get an appointment with the doctor. She's scared to death she has cancer but I hope it's just some of her lower intestinal issues acting up. My brother filed for divorce last week. His wife had left before Christmas but he had hoped they could work things out. My family is falling apart.

Mike, enjoy the cruise.

Donna, it won't be long before it's your turn.

Have a wonderful day people.
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All!

I too am glad that you're enjoying your cruise Mike and that you're looking forward to warm climes as well, R/D.

I'm going to try and find a way today to get rid of this excess water about which I have to be so careful. Hopefully, Jeff will have a solution that doesn't involve the hospital (at least for more than a couple of days) as my birthday is this weekend, the family has plans and the Epic Cruise is the 17th.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Hope everyone has a good back-to-work day!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Mike I'm glad that you are enjoying your cruise.

And Donna you must be ready to go on yours by now.

I'm in Ct. and it reminds me why we have moved to Florida. It feels a lot nicer to be in that sunshine and warm weather.

Have a great day folks.

TM

PS>> I just like to add that I have sailed on the Carnival Liberty and it sure is a beautiful ship.
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!

Last edited by Manuel; March 5th, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Home from my 2 hr PT session. In a few minutes I am going to call the ortho doc because I am having carpal tunnel issues that I cannot ease with the heat, ice and splint.

We sailed the Liberty and loved it.

Had a great weekend with my mom, sisters, sil, daughters and nieces.
There were a lot of tornado warnings around us but we escaped unharmed.

Brenda
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning all
Mike….. I’m so jealous I want to be lying in the sun and enjoying the magical waters!
No school today for the kid and his 16th birthday at HOOTERS was very good diner. He got a little embarrassed when 4 HOOTER girls came over and shouted “Hey it’s his 16th birthday” and then sang happy birthday.

Todd ….. Good luck today!
Donna… thinking of Emma

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........rain.....but warm.......

Mike........glad you are having a good time........you should be all healed by the time you are back.......

Todd..........happy B-day early.........sure hope you can shed that water without the sterile room........

Not much going on today except that endless basket of laundry........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and chilly here,and mid week it will be close to 70! I woke up sick with a sore throat,and I am dragging, but, better now than on our cruise. I can't wait to get to sunny Fla, for even better temps. I am casually buying some things to bring,and I hope to downsize my suitcase for the Epic..just call me Casual Trip! Mike get back in the waters soon...I don't have a private island, to dip my tootsies in..I guess I could book a beach day somewhere

Moraine, I know when everything around you is falling apart, it can be scary..what you thought you knew is no more. I pray for your life to be on a more even keel, with your family soon, and, hugs going south for you.

....Make it a good one Kids.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning from the Carnival Liberty

Good morning. One more balmy day like Mike is having and then back to cold, and hopefully, rain.

Moraine, I know the feeling of family falling apart. Mine did that long ago, but the problems don't go away. I'm hoping better for you and yours.

Gym day for Keith and the plumber is coming this afternoon to fix our ailing washer.

Judy

Old March 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Thank you guys.
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Good evening ,it will be 70 degrees here on thursday .
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:14 PM
First Mate

Good evening everyone. A perfect day here in south Texas. I'd say about 70 degrees with prefect sunshine and a very light wind. Kids were outside playing on trampolines and bicycles and all was right with the world outside.

The family went to our favorite Mexican food place for tacos and ate for next to nothing. Hard to do in this day and age. Place is cleaned top to bottom with bleach throughout the day and looks pretty on the outside. Then we took a drive out to the Lake to check the water levels and look at the lake houses. Just a nice day for a drive.

Mike, you old dog u..I'm so so jealous of that Cabana!! Do you know how handy that would be in a south Texas back yard???!!!

Aero, if you have pics of your sons party, that would be cute!

Moiraine, I really feel for you sweetheart. You and RD are going to be in my prayers tonight.

Well wishes for all the lovely cruisers on this board.

CarnivalTriumph