Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Captain

Unhappy Stormy weekend

[B] Not a very good weekend in the Pacific Northwest! We had a storm move thru this weekend that caused moderate seas. I read this morning that a 70 foot fishing vessel went down off of Astoria.The Coast Guard has called off the search and all hands lost.Four souls were lost four families will never be the same my heart feels for them.Also this weekend another fishing vessel ended up on the rocks of the south jetty in Newport. A Coast Guard helicopter pull four men to saftey. I know this has nothing to do with cruising and alot of people could care less. But I just had to write this This touchs me very much since I had spent a good part of my life fishing.And it saddens me deeply.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Astoria is nortorious for shipwrecks........

It was a terrible storm this weekend......we got a skiff of snow on Sunday........did you?????

Sharon
Old March 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS80 View Post
Astoria is nortorious for shipwrecks........

It was a terrible storm this weekend......we got a skiff of snow on Sunday........did you?????

Sharon
Sorry it has taken so long to reply we were waiting for the lights to come back on.This weekend was kind of nice down here but yesterday which was Monday was a diffrent story .The forecast was for rain and wind gusts to 75 knots.and I think they were all of that plus some.Then yesterday evening the rain turned to snow and we woke up to about 8 inchs on the ground with no lights. Snow on the Oregon coast is rare.I think that is the most snow we have seen at one time in the 28 years we have lived here. Have a good day and take care.
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Admiral

This has been one weired winter...........still some snow up here........not too close to us........

Snow on the coast is almost unheard of..........I'll be glad when summer finally gets here!!!!

Sharon
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS80 View Post
This has been one weired winter...........still some snow up here........not too close to us........

Snow on the coast is almost unheard of..........I'll be glad when summer finally gets here!!!!

Sharon
It has been a weird winter. The snow for the most part is gone.Now we are back to the rain The weather guys are predicting for more storms thru out the rest of the week with gusts up to 75 knots tommorow.Well at least things are back to normal Have fun on your cruise to Alaska sounds like fun,We have to wait until next year to go on are next cruise.We are thinking about doing the Wesrern Carribbean.We have never been down there should be fun. Well take care and stay dry