Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday

Good morning mates. I slept late yesterday but I'm up before the sun today. Ugh. I have chores this morning and this afternoon I'm meeting with the woman from our new care agency to fill out papers. Got to love that paperwork. The kid is taking the day off school today and her daddy is taking her to her future college so she can try out for for the marching band. That will be an all day event.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

good morning Moiraine, beautiful day on tap here today...81 degrees and lots of sunshine. Taking the Nook and coffee out on the deck and enjoying it. Guess I will also take the weights and stuff and do my home PT.

Hope Todd is doing well. Glad your mom had a better report than you were expecting.

Brenda
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Sunny Connecticut.

The weather here continues to be excellent. When I go back to Florida next month I won't be experiencing a big change in the weather.

I wish everybody a pleasant day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Its sunny and very warm here today . I read that the weather here next week will be sunny and nearly 70 every day.
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Coffee out on the deck....nice! Going to do a little garden work today mostly cleaning up the mulch.
Have a good day!

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sweet Escape BVI Charter 2015
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........not much change in the weather.........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon...............
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's been a hectic two days since I returned. I now feel like I've had a crash course in International Banking, foreign Customs and International Diplomacy.

My Mother-In-Law made her move to Poland over the weekend. Long story short; she didn't take my advice nor the advice of her lawyer or banker in regard to taking "cash" to Poland. She was stopped in Poland with a VERY large sum of money in her money belt. Not only is this illegal to bring that large of a sum into the country and not declare it, it is also not smart to walk around with that much money on your person. Especially if you are a 87 year old woman. They confiscated the money and she was in a panic and I've been on the phone with her for what seems like days. (Actually it has been) Why does it bother me so much when I hear "They can't treat old people like this." Sorry, old or young you knew it was wrong and are now paying the price for it. Being a Senior Citizen doesn't give you a free pass. After me dealing with her lawyer, the American Embassy in Warsaw and the Polish Customs people she now has a tax bill for 20% of the money but she does have her money back. However, she paid a big price for thinking she was "special" and wouldn't get caught.

Also: On Monday we were on our way to a cardiologist check up (which went just fine) but on the way we were behind a semi-trailer truck. Said truck went over a piece of plywood on the freeway and the air wash launched it into the air. Guess who's car got hit, head on? On the bright side I get a new grill, bumper, lower cowling, passenger side mirror and some right side body work and it's all under Comprehensive coverage, so no deductible and no "points" added to the premium. On the negative side: We could have been killed and we're just lucky the air bag didn't deploy. The car is actually in completely drivable condition. The lights and turn lights didn't get touched and the radiator and air conditioner look good. It goes into the shop next Monday.

Today, I need to work on "my" stuff. I have banking and taxes to do. I also have to look for a new tour company in Rome. We have too many people for the guy I wanted to use. He can only handle 10 people and we have 14 who want to do the two day Rome tour on the Carnival Breeze. I really wish he had more than one vehicle. He is a great guide and really knows his history. He is also a very good driver. Something you really need in Rome.

Well: Sitting here and doing a mind dump isn't going to get things done so I better get to it.

I hope all the folks who aren't feeling well get better and I hope that everyone that is feeling well stays that way and has a great Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Mike............glad you got things worked out with your mother-in-law.........not sure who it was worse on......you or her........

Scarey accident.........glad you were able to drive away..........

Sharon
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Mike, when it rains it pours. Glad everyone is all right.
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday

Good morning. The sun has shooed away the overcast.
The weather mavens are still talking rain this weekend. We'll see . . .

Not much else on the slate today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Judy
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:13 PM
First Mate

Mike, just hearing about that accident scared me! Glad everyone is ok.

Nice day outside. I'm still working on spring cleaning. My friend who was going to take care of me (post surgery) ended up needing foot surgery so she won't be here after all to help out. She is at home on some heavy pain meds recovering herself. I am trying to set things up so that Mom does not have to do as much to help me out.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful day!!

CarnivalTriumph
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Well, I hope things go well.