Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Default Monday

Good morning mates. It's going to be a long day for me. Dad's confused again this morning and I've visited him twice, the first time was a little after 5:00am. He did not scream this morning, thankfully. Early morning seems to be a bad time for him.

Anyway, it's going to be another warm day here. The daughter is still sleeping. She's off this week for break. I have a few calls, chores, laundry, and reading on the agenda. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a pre-stormy Texas. The saying goes, "Red at night, sailors delight, red in morning sailors warning." We have a red tent to our skies this morning. Good news is we will get rain. The bad news is they are saying up to 8 inches in 24 hours.

More bad news we will lose all the weed and feed I put down the other day. The good news is I like the neighbor who will benefit.

Not much planned for today. The dogs will keep me busy, because they hate storms, so I am sure I will be doing a lot of petting today.

I hope all is well. Moiraine, I am sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.

Have a good day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Celebrity Equinox and St Thomas. What a beautiful ship and fantastic cruise we are having! We might do the shops at the pier today, but I'm looking forward to the relatively empty ship and some time at the Solarium pool. I've got a great book, and I need a little exercise in the pool.

Looking forward to catching up on posts here, and checking out Trips cruise with the Ray and Todd show.

Phyll
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

It's a beautiful sunny day here. Ct. had such a mild winter that the plants and the birds are all off schedule. The robins returned from the south about a month earlie than the usually do and other birds did as well.
I hope that winter does not come back to this area. It would not be a good thing.

Moiraine good luck with all your chores and taking care of your dad.

Luanne, is Texas still in a drought condition?

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16 *Anniversary cruise *
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Well it’s yet another summer like day here in Chicago. D/S is home sick today but seems to be doing pretty well. Must do grocery shopping today I’m low on pretty much everything. I decided to start Weight Watches at home since my summer clothes are feeling a little snug so here goes day 1.

Luanne…. We could use a little rain in these parts.
Phyllob…..I’m envious!! I happy you’re have a great time!

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sweet Escape BVI Charter 2015
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Captain

Guess it is up to all of us who are NOT cruising to keep things going around CM! I'm just jealous that I'm stuck on land and not out on the open sea with the rest of the gang.
Overcast here but temp is in the high 60's and going up most of the week. My Bradford Pear tree is in full bloom, about a month early for us. It is so pretty. Just hope we don't get any really cold weather with frost which could hurt all the plants that are blooming way ahead of schedule.
Moraine, praying for you. I know how hard it is to take care of a loved one.
LuAnne, sounds like you may need to get your ark started! I'm sure your neighbor will appreciate the lawn care service you are offering to them.
Areogirl, saw on the news this morning how warm it has been up your way. Very strange weather for everyone this year. Hope your D/S gets to feeling better.
Manuel, enjoy the weather while you can.
Phyl, I'm so jealous. I love St. Thomas! I always spend to much at my favorite jewelry store when there. Have a great cruise.

Everyone enjoy the day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........32 right now.........snow north of us.........hope they keep it.......

Luanne...........that's nice of you to give your neighbor free lawn care............

Phyll..............sure wish we were on the cruise with ya....

It's Monday so y'all know what that means.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Manuel, We are still in need of rain, plus my guess we will be very hot and dry this summer, so this is the time of year to stock up.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old March 19th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Luanne, that is very nice of you to share. :-D We are scheduled to get the rain after you...but we are already pretty much water logged.

Phyl, enjoy. I too wish I was with you.

Dad is now back to sleep.

I think Spring is sprung everywhere. The bradford pears here have already bloomed. They were pretty.

Been looking at hotels for my cruise in November. Don't even want to look at airfare.
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Admiral

[QUOTE=travelgalSue;1421311]Areogirl, saw on the news this morning how warm it has been up your way. Very strange weather for everyone this year. Hope your D/S gets to feeling better.
It's been crazy warm here ...In the 80's for six day. Yikes!
D/S looks to be doing fine Thanks!

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sweet Escape BVI Charter 2015
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Good morning from a pre-stormy Texas. The saying goes, "Red at night, sailors delight, red in morning sailors warning." We have a red tent to our skies this morning. Good news is we will get rain. The bad news is they are saying up to 8 inches in 24 hours.

More bad news we will lose all the weed and feed I put down the other day. The good news is I like the neighbor who will benefit.

Not much planned for today. The dogs will keep me busy, because they hate storms, so I am sure I will be doing a lot of petting today.

I hope all is well. Moiraine, I am sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.

Have a good day all.

Luanne
Luanne, hope you don't flood. The last time we had that much rain (8") was overnight about three years ago and our basement flooded. Our partially finished basement - lost rugs, furniture, etc. Not pretty.

Aerogirl - we are NW Ohio and to hit upper 70's or low 80's for next several days and for past week or so. I love it, but it should only be highs in the 40's this time of year.

Quote-I hope that winter does not come back to this area. It would not be a good thing.-Quote No kidding, Manuel - Magnolias are in bloom, grass is green, trees and roses already leafing out - could not handle a freeze!

TravelGal Sue - I am with you on wanting to be on cruise with Phyllbo - anywhere but here! Although the weather is nice, the recent events in my life are not!! I want to cruise and get away from it all!

Moiraine - you are a truly loving daughter, I know your dad appreciates this even though it does not always show it. I think of you and the situation often and hope things go well for you today!

I got bloodwork done already this morning. Beat the crowds by mere seconds as there were 4-5 lined up behind me at the
receptionist window. Now in my office for the day. Only one doctor's appointment this week - woo hoo!! Less than two weeks to DD#2 wedding shower, so I got to start getting food checked and grocery lists done for that!

Have a good day all.
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Yesterday was "supposed" to be a lazy day. Wrong. We made the mistake of going to look at new lights for the kitchen, dinette, laundry room, entry, hallway and family room.

Well we purchased new lights and then decided to take the old ones down in the kitchen, dinette and laundry. The old lights were large, fluorescent lights and once removed we had to patch some screw holes and repaint the ceiling. That didn't go as well as planned. Betty is retexturing the ceiling and we'll need to do more work to get it to look good. Plus, I broke a shade installing the family room light. Oh well, no home improvement goes unpunished. I'll probably have lights in my kitchen by Saturday.

I dropped my car off at the body shop this morning and now we must go to the lighting store to buy a new shade to replace the one I broke. My painter is now out of the shower and ready to go so I have to finish.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and a great week.

Phyll: Enjoy the cruise.

To all that are cruising I also hope you have a great time and to all of us not cruising, hey somebody's gotta do it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Admiral

We probably won't flood. Our yard slops, so the water drains pretty well. When we enquired about getting a pool, we were told that it would have to be a deep end only.

FYI: There are very few basements in Texas. The whole state is built on bedrock, so digging is very expensive.

I actually look forward to the rain. One of our two lakes that provides us with our water is still 14 feet below normal.

The tornados are what bother me. Love the neighbors, but sure would hate for my new furniture to end up in their house. Don't love them that much.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old March 19th, 2012, 11:32 AM
First Mate

Good morning from south Texas! I have a feeling I'm going to get rained on..But I HAVE to go get my inspection sticker today. It is my only day to do it before surgery this Thursday. If weather not too bad, I'll hit the courthouse and get registration on car pd up too.

Called to confirm pre-op appointment tomorrow morning. It is getting so close now..Hard to believe.

I saw Phyll's post and wanted to be where she is today on the ship!! I just love the Virgin Islands!!! I wonder if they are going to St. Maarten next (one of my favorites)....

Moiraine, you are such a Godsend to your family. I truly don't know how you do it every day. May God bless you and care for you through every day and night!

Well, seeing as how all I have to look forward to in the coming weekend will be hospital food, I treated myself to some grilled Amberjack fillets yesterday. I live on the coast so when the fishermen start catching them, we will see them start showing up on chalkboards (in restaurants) on special here and there. It was so blasted good!! I was not disappointed with my choice. Thick, flavorful filet - delicious seasoning and grilled to perfection. I figured if I can't be on a cruise, I might as well have some fine dining before surgery.

Ok, well - I had better get cracking. I need to get ready and get out of here so I can "get to town" for that inspection. You guys and gals have a gorgeous day and enjoy!!'

snorklr

CarnivalTriumph

Last edited by snorklr45; March 19th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Snorklr, It sounds yummy. I wish is I was close enough to help you out while you are laid up, but know that I will be sending good thoughts to you.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old March 19th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Monday

Good morning. Our storm has disappeared. Time for a warm up and some sun. We are definitely in a drought here: seven inches behind for the season.

I, too, wish I were on a cruise. Instead, I am looking at the dull, the routine: gym day and laundry.

Moraine, I with for a peaceful noneventful day for you.

Judy
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:31 PM
First Mate

Luanne, that is so sweet and thoughtful of you. I'm just happy to see you posting here again!!

PS. Has Henry actually NOT been posting due to a cruise???!!!

CarnivalTriumph
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorklr45 View Post
!!

PS. Has Henry actually NOT been posting due to a cruise???!!!
Correct, Henry is on a 13 day cruise and he will not be posting til he comes back from the cruise.

I do miss his posts.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16 *Anniversary cruise *
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:06 PM
First Mate

psst, me too TM.

CarnivalTriumph
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorklr45 View Post
psst, me too TM.
Henry is a great guy. We have had the pleasure of getting together with him and his DW several times.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015