Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Sunshine!

Morning Mates, we got home last Monday in the sunshine, and it has been sunny for 7 straight days, that is a record around here!
Only -2C though or 28F, but I'll take the sun...

Glad to hear Trip and hubby are home safe and sound, but sorry to hear they had such a rough time health-wise, wishing you both a quick recovery..
I guess the other Epic cruisers are due home sometime today, will be looking forward to photos from Ray et al.....

Yesterday I took Emma to a beautiful nature park that I had never visited before. We both had fun meeting other people and their dogs, Emma won a T-shirt (for me) in a TV sponsored giveaway, and were on the CBC news last night. It was a chilly walk, but fun just the same.

Today will be housework day...gotta do it sometime....

donna
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Cloudy in these parts today with temps around 65 it's, not the 80"s we've had but still warmer than normal.
Having lunch with my sister and cousin today...should be fun.

Welcome home to all our CM’s who were cruising last week.

Donna…. That’s pretty cool , way to go Emma!!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I'm the only one up right now...other than the animals. My brother is coming to visit this afternoon after he gets off work. Got a lot of stress because I don't think my dad is going to be here that much longer. Also worried about my niece, who had a bleed a few days ago. Her OB/GYN put her on bed rest for two weeks. She's scared to death but the doc said she'd be fine as long as she'd stay off of her feet, which she's doing.

I'm sorry to hear of all of the sickness on the Epic cruise. Sounds like Linda, Bruce, and Todd could have had better times.

Thinking about the sick.

Hope everybody has a good day.
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Glad to see Linda and Bruce are home safe.

I've been somewhat away for most of the week. Last Monday my son went back into the hospital and is still there. He had complications from his stroke last Fall and things aren't looking too well for him right now. His mental state is not good and that complicates things even more. We are hoping for the best.

Otherwise, things are getting back to normal. Betty is crossing off the days until June 15th and her retirement. It was originally scheduled for June 1st but she was asked to stay on two additional weeks and she agreed. We received a letter from Social Security (I signed her up online a week or two ago) requesting we call them. They suggested that she set her retirement date as of January 1st 2012 instead of June 8th. She will receive $51/month less but she will receive back pay for six months. We figured it out and even with paying taxes on part of this year's benefits, it would take 21 years to recoup that $51/month. I think that will pay for our Asian cruise in December.

The weather has turned a bit more normal today. It was 40 this morning and only a high of 52 is forecast. Yesterday I mowed the lawn for the first time. I think March 24 is a new "early" record for lawn mowing. Today is a kids day. We will be going to the "Sprawl of America" and take the grandkids to the indoor amusement park. After that we'll stop by and see Uncle at the hospital. We'll see how well the leg holds up. Although it is doing well. I am no longer wearing the brace and I am walking fairly well though it does swell and stiffen up quite a bit as the day wears on. Hopefully that will continue to lessen.

Tomorrow, is "construction day". Our new counters are being installed. They guy is scheduled to arrive at 6:30 a.m. so I'll be up early. Also the garage door guy is scheduled to arrive. I was backing the Suburban into the garage on Friday and Betty hit the wrong button to close her garage door and started to close mine. The car wasn't in far enough for the electric eye to detect it but it was in far enough for the roof to hit the door and bend the door and wreck the bottom strip. I was able to bend it back so it opens and shuts but it looks like heck and we'll see if it can be repaired or if a new one needs to be put in. The only damage to the Suburban, that just came out of the body shop, was two scuff marks on the luggage rack.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and a fantastic week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Sunshine

Good morning. I expected to wake up to rain. Instead, it's dry as a bone and the sun is shining. Oh well . . .

Trip, Bruce, Todd, and Mike, I hope all the heath problems go away.

We will have our usual Sunday: the Los Angeles Times, the crossword, and if it doesn't rain, lunch somewhere later.

Have a good one!

Judy
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a drizzly, Virginia Beach. After talking to the kids this morning, Rob and I went to look for a birthday present for our younger granddaughter. After finding nothing on her "wish list" at Toys R Us, we ending up buying her some craft kits at Michaels. I can't wait until the grandkids are old enough to just buy gift certificates!!!