Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Default Ruby Princess, Day 2 Princess Cays

Ruby Princess, Day 2
Monday March 12, Princess Cays

I usually prefer to spend my first cruise day at sea, but on this trip, our first day found us headed for Princess's private island, Princess Cays.

We had decided on this cruise to have our breakfast in the dining room, a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the buffet on Lido deck. The Da Vinci dining room was quiet, relaxed, not crowded, the service was wonderful, and the food served hot.

I had made another promise to myself on this trip - that I would exercise daily, so after a lovely breakfast, I walked it off on aft deck 19, on the well-hidden jogging track.
The track was small and narrow, and took you around past the enclosed basketball court, the mini-putt golf course, and a beautiful view overlooking the aft pool, hot tubs, and the wake of the ship.

There was also a wonderful view portside looking forward.

I did this walk every morning, with 16 times around equalling 1 mile.

Debarkation to Princess Cays was by tender, well organized through seating arrangements in
the Michaelangelo dining room, and numbers being called.
We were on the island by 10 a.m., a glorious sunny, breezy day in paradise.

There, a lounge chair on the beach awaited me!

Surprisingly for me, I did not go swimming on Princess Cays, it was a bit cold, but I did spend a lot of time walking up and down in the surf, and photographing the beauty of the
island, the beach and the views of the Ruby at anchor off the coast.

At lunchtime, there was a free BBQ lunch prepared and served by ship's staff. There were grilled chicken, ribs, hamburgers, and hot dogs, with sides of brown beans or salad, and again,
iced tea and water were the only drinks available. Fresh baked cookies, brownies, and a selection of fresh fruit were available for dessert.

James, who is not as much of a beach person as I am, headed back on an early tender, but I
stayed on my "perfect little piece of paradise" for as long as possible, enjoying a long-awaited beach day!

Back onboard in the late afternoon, we went to our first of many Trivias, this one in the Adagio bar/lounge. Unfortunately, we did not do well, but were not discouraged enough to not try again!

Dinner this evening was again in the Michaelangelo dining room, in the same area, with the same waiters and the same excellent service and food.
James had scallops and shrimp, split pea soup, and cod, with pineapple creme brule for dessert;
I had caesar salad, broiled chicken with a variety of grilled vegetables, and banana fudge ice cream for dessert.
Again, a wonderful meal, and our waiter brought me gluten-free bread, and the menu to select tomorrow's dinner.

Evening entertainment on Ruby Princess was at a premium; some nights, like this one, we were spoiled for choice. We wanted to see the 8:15 main show with illusionist David Cats, but by the time we got there, there were no seats available, so we went instead to Club Fusion to play 50's 60's Music Trivia, which was a whole lot of fun. We came in 2nd place!

On the way out, passing by the Explorer's Lounge, we caught the tail end of comedian Phil Tag's show, and he was hilarious. We vowed to go see his full show tomorrow night.

For a while, we went to see Bert Stratton in the Crooner's Lounge, in his usual comedic frenzy, but had to leave early to catch the late show in the theatre with illusionist David
Cats. He was worth the wait - an amazing act, look him up on YouTube!
By the time the show was finished, we were ready for bed, despite the fact that there were so many things going on around the ship. Oh to be young again.....

Tomorrow....Sea Day!

Last edited by rollerdonna; March 27th, 2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: adding photos
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

"Bert with an E!" Wasn't he a riot?
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Yeah, we love Bert, this was our 3rd time seeing him on Princess!

donna