Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Default Ruby Princess, Day 3 At Sea

Ruby Princess, Day 3
Tuesday March 13, At Sea

Ahhh, a sea day at last! Slept in late (9a.m.) and were too late for breakfast in the dining room, so went to the Horizon Court buffet where it was not too crowded, the food was pretty good, and the service at your table in terms of offering fresh juice, coffee and tea, and whisking away dirty dishes, was very attentive!
Followed breakfast with my mile walk around the jogging track, which was much harder to do on a moving ship. (The first 2 days and nights were quite rocky at sea).
We managed to find some deck chairs to relax in the sun, before trivia at 11:15.

My only complaint with the Ruby was there was always so much to do, there was not enough time to do it all, plus relax and do nothing at all!

Lunch today was special; as it was a sea day, the Wheelhouse Bar was transformed into a British Pub, with offerings such as Steak & Kidney Pie, Bangers & Mash (sausages and mashed potatoes), Fish & Chips, Ploughman's Lunch, and Bread Pudding for dessert.

James had the pie and a Guiness, I had the bangers, and all was good! As I couldn't have the bread pudding, we went and found the ice cream parlour on the Lido deck, and I enjoyed a chocolate/vanilla swirl in a bowl (no cones for me either).

We had planned to spend the afternoon by the aft pool (adults only) but there was no where to sit, so we thought we'd try the quiet and more private Sanctuary.

On the Ruby, the beautiful and relaxing Sanctuary was an extra fee to enjoy, not like the free spa area on Celebrity Equinox, so we ended up way up on Deck 16, lazing in deck chairs in a quiet spot, away from the wind, the pools, the movie blaring, the the pool band playing.

Dinner tonight was our first formal evening, and as we were entering the Michaelangelo dining room, admiring everyone's formal evening attire, a woman in front of us wearing
jeans, with twin boys about age 12 in tow, wearing shorts and T-shirts, were shown right in, no questions ask. We wondered why they bother to have a dress code if they don't enforce it?

We were seated in a different area this evening, and the dining room was very busy. We were lucky to have a lovely table by the window, overlooking the waves.

Despite the fact there seemed to be many servers, and they were moving quickly, we still had to wait 45 minutes for our appetizer, another 40 minutes for our entree, then 20 minutes for our dessert and tea. However, all was delicious, and worth the wait!
James and I both had cream of asparagus soup, (mine minus the salmon dumpling), and James enjoyed his roast pork with crackling, and I had mignons of beef tenderloin with
grilled vegetables that were out of this world! My dessert was also heavenly - chocolate pudding pie (served in a dish, no pie crust), served with little balls of cream, and James had
banana flambe with ice cream. Excellent meal all around!

After dinner, we got to see the entire show of comedian Phil Tag, who was hilarious.
My favourite bit was how he told us about Delta airlines losing his luggage on his trip to Ft. Lauderdale for this gig. He said that DELTA stood for Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive!

We went to see Bert for a little while, then to the late show in the theatre entitled "Once Upon a Time", a good show, with strange themes, but excellent music, singing, dancing,
costumes and amazing visual effects.
Again, off to bed by 11:30, too tired for more night life!

(fuzzy photo, but new dress for formal night)

Tomorrow.....St. Maarten!

Last edited by rollerdonna; March 27th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Boy, R/D, you DID lose a lot of weight!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Well thank Todd, but I think I look fat in that picture, although it's tru, I have lost at least 10 lbs!

donna
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:33 PM
Admiral

I would not have minded the wait sitting at that table, either.

Donna, you look lovely in the dress.