Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Default Lana Turner Revisited

Approximately 60 years ago Lana Turner was discovered sitting on a stool at Schwab's Drug Store .

Were you or anyone you know similiarly discovered ?
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Admiral

Yeah Henry,

A really nasty and dangerous drunk first discovered yours truly who was sitting alongside a "bull" (NYPD Detective) at The Bay Cafe on Bay Street (originally known as Gus Pappas's Bloody Bucket). just down the street from the 120 Precinct in Staten Island We taught him how to sprout wings and literally fly out the door. Following that incident the two of us were known as the "Bird Men" of Bay Street.We both became legends in our own minds (and at the Bay Cafe).

Don't know if a Hollywood director saw that or not but I don't remember any Klieg lights or any autograph signings but the guy resembled Johnny Stompanato.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 4th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Default Bay Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Yeah Henry,

A really nasty and dangerous drunk first discovered yours truly who was sitting alongside a "bull" (NYPD Detective) at The Bay Cafe on Bay Street (originally known as Gus Pappas's Bloody Bucket). just down the street from the 120 Precinct in Staten Island We taught him how to sprout wings and literally fly out the door. Following that incident the two of us were known as the "Bird Men" of Bay Street.We both became legends in our own minds (and at the Bay Cafe).

Don't know if a Hollywood director saw that or not but I don't remember any Klieg lights or any autograph signings but the guy resembled Johnny Stompanato.
I spent the summer of 1959 working in Staten Island .I recall Bay St.so very well.
Old April 4th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Admiral

In the summer of 1983 a friend of mine was sitting in a coffee shop in Manhattan having lunch.She was at a table for 2 but she was alone . A guy approached her and asked if he could sit there ,she replied that he could . She found him gazing at her and he asked if she was a model or actress ,she laughed and replied that she was not .
The guy took out a pad and wrote down the name and phone number of the head of a Manhattan modeling agency and suggested that she contact him .
He also wrote down his name .
After lunch my friend went back to work and told her co-workers about the conversation and showed them what was written on the paper .Everyone but my friend recognized the names and said "wow,you had lunch with ... ....son ?
Not being much of a movie goer or TV watcher she was not familiar with the name . She was urged to call the number and the rest they say is history .
However ,acting and modeling was not something that she ever aspired as a career and by her choosing she gave it up shortly thereafter .