CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Wednesday Wakeup! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/388636-wednesday-wakeup.html)

rollerdonna April 4th, 2012 07:42 AM

Wednesday Wakeup!

Morning Mates, it's another sunny but cold morning here in Pictou County, I sure hope it warms up a little for the long weekend!

Well, the good news is, I'm down 1 1/2 lbs this week, but the bad news is my darling hubby went out and bought me irresistible Mint Aero Chocolate Lambs....we'll see if I can maintain or lessen that weight over the next week..:rolleyes:

Todd, how are you doing? Hope that ticker is still ticking, and that you've stopped leaving a trail of "wet" behind you. All kidding aside, I really hope you are doing better today and that Jeff didn't throw you back in the hospital....

Mikey "Aarrrgh!", how's the eye today?
We have a guy locally, who's name is John, who dresses up as a pirate for special events at the Ship Hector. He calls himself "Johnny Aarrrgh"!

Well, I'm off to do some exercise this morning, my neighbour and I are walking a good kilometre or two twice a week. Feels good!
Have a good one all!

donna

Aerogirl April 4th, 2012 08:56 AM

Good morning
A sunny start to today with temp more normal for this time of year.
Off to help out my friend at their restaurant, seems their having a hard time getting help so I do what I can for them.

Donna… congrats….every pound counts!
Todd… Hope you’re doing better.

Have a great day!

Manuel April 4th, 2012 09:13 AM

Good morning Mates

Another warm sunny day here.

Todd and Mike I hope that you are both on the mend.

Not too much on our agenda today. There is allways something to do in the yard, but I will be watching a soccer game in mid-afternoon, so I won't get too much done today.

Have a nice day folks.

TM

Trip April 4th, 2012 09:13 AM

Hi Kids,
Bright & warm here, today, that makes me happy...what also makes me happy is I took my last horse pill last night. I am finally feeling more normal, bit still lack some strength. Bruce got good news from his cardiac Dr.....all is good with with his heart, and, he is not on the oxygen, as much. More appts. omn his agenda...Thanks so much for all the good wishes from my Cruisemate pals...it means alot....xoxoxoxo

I have a diaper cake order, for a rubber ducky themed cake, for a boy, so a few errands on my agenda

Todd, you need to be pro active...I hope you will be seeing a Dr. soon too. Mike ...Eye see, you are getting better...xo

Make it a good one.

travelgalSue April 4th, 2012 09:57 AM

Wow I'm off the boards for a few days and we go to H-LL in a hand basket! Todd, what the heck are you thinking..get to the Dr. We want to keep you around here! Mike the pirate, hope the eye is better today. Got to watch those trees, they will jump out and get you. RD, you are such a busy person I get exhusted just reading about what all you do. Trip, glad you are better and that Bruce is getting some good news. Keep improving.
Weather here is sunny right now but rain is forecast for later today. Praying that all our Texas mates are ok this morning after the storms from yesterday.
I have a bunch more office work today. I've been working on it for 3 days now and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Well this ain't gettin' my work done. Hope everyone has a good day.

LS80 April 4th, 2012 10:39 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........not too bad this morning..........

Trip..............good to hear that you & Bruce are on the mend.........you are in our thoughts.......

Todd.............you too are in our thoughts.........

Wow...........how terrible about Texas......hope all are fine.......not sure where Luanne or Snorkle(?) lives.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

Luanne Russo April 4th, 2012 11:52 AM

Good morning all from a bright sunny Texas. We have cooled off, so the windows are open, and a nice breeze blowing.

We are doing fine, because the storms were north of us. Thoughts and prayers for those not so lucky.

I have been away for a couple of days, so didn't know that you were still sick, Trip. My good thoughts to you and Bruce.

I have to go and read about Mike. He hit a tree?

Todd, called last night, but I couldn't talk. Will call in a few minutes, and get caught up.

Not much going on here. Tonight we are going to a dinner to welcome the new General. Not a fancy affair, so it should be fun.

Wishing all of you a good, safe day.

With much love,

Luanne

CruisinK n J April 4th, 2012 11:53 AM

Wednesday Wakeupyeterday

Good morning. I am glad to hear that people are starting on the mend. I hope our Texas CM's are okay. I heard that the tornadoes were moving on the Arkansas. I hope they're okay, too.

No particular plans today. I missed the meatball soup at Norm's yesterday.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy

Luanne Russo April 4th, 2012 12:02 PM

I talked to Todd. He is..........wait for it........ at WORK :o

They called him in for a few hours, and he can't say no.

He does sound much better, so that's a good thing.

Donna, Did you finish your review? I can't find it!!

KellyKayden April 4th, 2012 12:03 PM

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to everyone needing them! Nothing too exciting going on in toledo oh, but then again, nothing too exciting ever goes on here. All I know is I have been ready for the weekend since Monday! Have a fancy get together this weekend which means I get to straighten my hair! (My profile pic is misleading, I have insanely curly hair so when its straight, its a big deal...to me....lol)

Enjoy your week!
kelly

KellyKayden April 4th, 2012 12:04 PM

Todd! Make sure you take it easy a bit!

Mike M April 4th, 2012 12:37 PM

Good morning everyone:

I can't play pirate anymore. The eye is doing fine. Just a very small amount of irritation and redness. The doctor told me that the eye is the fastest healing organ in the body. I guess he's right. So now I don't have anything wrong with me. :)

Also: My knee jumped another plateau. I have been handling the stairs pretty well and yesterday I walked all around Costco and Menard's (local Home Depot type store) with no walker or cane, but did use the shopping cart, and did well. A little swelling last night but no baseballs under the skin. I'll be running the 5K in no time. :rolleyes:

I hope all of the Dallas folks weathered the storm well. My niece lost the skylights in her house because of hail. They cracked but didn't break all the way through so she at least didn't have buckets of rain in the house.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

Kuki April 4th, 2012 01:44 PM

Good Morning cruisemates! It was pretty scary watching all the coverage of the storm activity through Texas. It's amazing they are reporting no deaths so far. Those poor folks impacted now have the huge task ahead of rebuilding to a point of full recovery.

Temps heading toward 90 in Scottsdale, but other than sitting on the patio perch watching the golfers go by, today is going to be a mostly inside day for me, with housekeeping duties.

Also have to start tossing junk from the refrigerator and cupboards. With just over a week until I leave, I have to toss or give away all the stuff that won't keep until we're back next winter.

Out to dinner tonight with my sister and brother in law.

Moiraine April 4th, 2012 02:00 PM

Good afternoon mates. Sending well wishes to all. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Lakers Fan April 4th, 2012 04:28 PM

Good afternoon from Hotville.

rollerdonna April 4th, 2012 06:29 PM

Luanne, yes I finished my review, it's probably scattered over 2 pages now, but you can find it on the Princess board in one post:

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/pri...ew-photos.html

Let me know how you enjoy it!

donna

snorklr45 April 5th, 2012 12:22 AM

Good evening mates!!

Just getting back online after having some internet issues and surgery recovery in progress. I'm well south of the tornadoes and storms so I came out fine there. However, I have a very good friend in Dallas who had her flight cancelled today (to California) due to storm activity. She was very upset. Next flight out is not til Friday. Just her luck!!

Saw doc today and she feels my healing is progressing very very well. Yet when I asked her when I could start lifting more than 3-5lbs...She said "oh surely not sooner than 6-8 weeks from now." Do you know how hard it is for one to live without lifting such a low amount of weight?? I know, I have had to do it for the past two weeks. uggghh However, looks like I might be driving in more like a week or 2. Go me!! Pain meds end in 2 weeks so I assume that is when I am expected to me "healed." Came home and did a very short 70's boogie with my little mini dog and now hitting the sack.

Goodnight and many blessings to all of you....
snorklr45