Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday and End of the Week for Me!

Morning Mates, it's Thursday and last day of work for me, and let me tell you, not a moment too soon! As much as I love the little rugrats, sometimes they drive me crazy! I'm looking forward to my 4-day weekend!

Unfotunately, the weather doesn't look so good for the weekend, right now it's snowing again, although only lightly, but that does mean that it is COLD!

Luanne, this is for you:

Ruby Princess, Review with Photos

All my Ruby review post under one post over on the Princess board, in case you missed the last ones..let me know what you think...

I'd better get ready to go swimming, then a Dr. appointment and off to work....
Todd, MIke, Trip, Bruce, Snorkl, hope all of you are doing better today!

donna
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

I send prayers and get well wishes for all our sick Cruisemates.

Not too much going on here today, I will be doing some yard work this morning and taking it easy this afternoon.

I wish everybody a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a sunny Texas. We are suppose to be a mild day, so hopefully I can leave the windows open for a little while.

Donna, Thanks I love your review, but at the end of the last page it says next last thoughts, and I couldn't find that one.

We had dinner with the general last night, and I really liked her. She had changed out of uniform, and was very down to earth. Meal sucked, but I guess you can't have everything perfect.

Have you been watching the news about the gov group that went to Vegas for a meeting, and spent big money on clowns, mind readers, etc?

This is the group that decides Jim's travel plans. When doing their job, they try to save as much money as possible. :o Jim leaves next Saturday. They determined that it would be cheaper to drive from here, but when he asked to be able to pick up the rental car on Friday night, so that he could get an early start on Sat, they said no it was to expensive for an extra day. Now he will have to wait until after 9 am to pick it up, drive 7 hours, get settled, and then start a 12 to 14 hour day for the next two weeks, no days off.

We figured if they had given up one of their expensive shrimp in Vegas, it would have paid for that extra day.

I do hope that all of you have a good day.

Much love,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Happy Thursday to all!

I was going to mow the lawn yesterday afternoon if (a) my lawn tractor started and (b) I had enough left over gasoline into which I put an additive to keep it stable and not allow water to form.

I was ao absolutely exhausted, however, I didn't give it a second look. I just woke up fifteen minutes ago and have to get moving though I've already put in more hours this week than any site manager will. Two of the highest executives in the company were by yesterday and the maintenance staff was running around getting the site looking its best (even though it was absolutely beautiful to start). They (the execs) and I go back over 17 years and I think the world of both so I got tickled watching the guys worry if everything was okay. For yours truly it was like old home week.

Well, gotta' get my shower and get outta' here. Have to also write my column for this week and it's hard to believe that Easter is already here.

Haven't heard if they've found a vehicle for me yet over in Clinton but at least now I have something to drive.

Well, gotta' go. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and of course Prayers for all those on the list and a reques for Blessings upon all continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from a cloudy NWGA, storms expected this afternoon.

One more cup of coffee and then I am going shopping. Need to get the 5 year old grandson some shorts and shirts to keep here, he is growing so fast.

Hope all are feeling better today and enjoy their long weekends.

Brenda
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............warmed up a bit.........might make 60...........

Luanne..............isn't that the way the goverment works tho????? Wish Jim well........long drive & then long days........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Taking a break from babysitting to say hi.
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:02 AM
First Mate

Mid 50's for NW Ohio. Sunny, looks to be a nice day! Hey, KellyKayden you are about 1.5 hours from me! I live about 80 miles south of you. We are thinking of running up to Toledo tomorrow for a bit (Bass Pro Shop, Michaels and PetSmart). Nice to know someone close by.

RD - my dogs do know sit and stay (somewhat) but the older dog is camera-shy. She does not like the noise the camera makes. And the younger dog is just a wiggler! It is hard to get good pictures of either of them!

Glad all of our Texas CM are safe - Luanne and Snorklr45.

Managed to get one doctor off my list. Saw hemotologist yesterday and said I do not need to come back, as GP handles the warfarin and liver MRI fine, just lots of cysts. So, one less to worry about. My INR is coming up, hoping to be off of heparin shots by tomorrow!!

Hope all are doing well - Mike, Todd, etc. - and have a good day!
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Another hot day in the desert, heading towards 90.

Only 8 sleeps until I head north, and back to my real home Have to begin to get the condo ready to close up, and start deciding what I'm taking home, and what I'm leaving in the closet. Mrs. Kuki told me they had a snow storm yesterday. Weird, because it's actually been a very mild winter up there.

Guess since I'm headed home soon, winter will come back

Going to head to the golf course shortly to take advantage of the great weather.

Dinner with my sister and brother in law again tonight.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday andthe End of the Week for Me

Good morning. Bright and sunny but cooler, I am told. Haven't been out yet.

Yes, it's almost Easter again. We are invited for Sunday dinner by a bunch of good cooks.

Only thing going on here is lunch in Pasadena today.

I hope those in sick bay are feeling better.

Judy
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon.

I have had a busy morning working in the yard. Hostas trimmed back and edging completed. The only thing left is to power wash the driveway and try to get most of the gravel and dirt out of the tar before I have it resurfaced.

The kitchen is complete and looks "pretty good". We ended up with an "aesthetic discount" because we weren't happy with alignment of the travertine tiles. In one section they are pretty crooked and a number of chips in the corner of some tiles. It was the last section done and you could tell they hurried it and used the "marginal" tiles. I wanted them to rip it out and start over but the tile guys wouldn't be able to do it for another month. Geee! so I said I want 25% off the bill because this is not professional work. If I wanted crooked lines and chipped corners I could have done it myself. So I got the discount and a friend of Betty's will redo that section for us. What happened to pride of workmanship?

Otherwise, I'm doing fine. Eye is all healed and the knee is doing good so you can take me off the worry list. My only problem is all the "stuff" I need to get done. On that note I better start doing it.

I hope all have a great Thursday and if you have a long weekend I hope you enjoy it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all. Been busy here. I like dad's caregiver. Glad I've got help now. Unfortunately, he's doingy really badly now...and it's back and forth wondering when he's going to pass. It's a lot of stress. On the happy side, my daughter is getting ready to graduate. Good thoughts to the sick. Feel better soon.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Hey Haimia! Good to know someone else here is from good old northwest ohio! I always find it interesting when people come to visit toledo...as most people here are trying to leave...lol

As much as I kid, toledo is home, and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else

Enjoy your shopping trip!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:15 PM
First Mate

Partly sunny day here today. On the hot side and not one where I'd want to be outside repairing anything.

Tired here after chasing my mini dog down a busy highway to prevent her early demise, someone left the gate open this am and she got out. Thankfully, after about 20min of chasing and cars honking at me (in my pj's mind u)..I got her back. She found it much more amusing than i did.

Other than chasing my dog and getting dressed to make a run to the local pharmacy, I did not do much today. I really did need to rest up from my long day yesterday. I think we were gone about 12 hrs.

Moiraine: Thank God you have some help now!!

Haimia:
Thanks for your concern about us Texans. I too was concerned about fellow Texas friends (when you see 18 wheeler trucks flying all over the place..you tend to worry a little..).

Blessings to everyone!!

snorklr45

CarnivalTriumph