Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday (Really!)

Morning Mates, wishing you all a Good Friday, on this, the 1st day of a lovely long weekend for me!
The sun is out, but it's still only 2C or 35F.
My only plan for today is to take Emma for a walk, hope it's less windy than Wednesday!

Hope everyone in "Sick bay" is doing better by now and that you all enjoy your Easter or Passover weekend!

donna p.s. Luanne, you can't find the "final thoughts" because I never wrote it yet!

Old April 6th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a beautiful Texas. Should only be in the 80's today.

Donna, I am glad you have not finished yet. I thought I had lost my mind.

Today is is a me day. Hair, nails, and then dinner date with my favorite man. It should be fun.

I hope all of you have a good weekend.

Much love,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It is a cool and crisp Spring morning here. It looks like the middle of May outside instead of early April. It's strange to see the leaves coming out on the trees and all the green grass this time of year. Last year at this time we had snow on the ground and sub-freezing temperatures.

I got my paperwork done, saw the lawyer and even filed the taxes. It's amazing at how much you can accomplish with one npn-interrupted day. The national deficit will be a little less now that I sent in my check. As I put the check in the envelope I thought of the REALLY nice cruise I could have had with that money.

Today is a "prep" day to get ready for Easter. At least the day before Easter. We'll have the family over tomorrow and they will do their thing on Sunday. Betty has the eggs ready to hide and has purchased outfits and "stuff" for the grandkids and the kids and I better get our chocolate bunnies.

I'll be making salads, cutting meat and baking gluten free pies. This C4C, gluten free, flour I have makes great pie crusts. I'm making a peach pie, apple and chocolate cream pie this year. I'm going the Prime Rib route again this year but I'm going to do two. One on the BBQ and one in the oven. We have 12 people so, if I screw one up we still eat.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and an enjoyable upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and crisp out there. All things are flowering here as well. So funny to see the forsythia in bloom, but it was last month too...weird....

I will have tomorrow off, because we have a trunk show, starting on Monday, so, i'll go in then. Bruce is already planning a Chinese Buffet lunch!

For the 1st time in forever, Easter will not be here. I actually said, I'm not doing it... Not ready yet, to get into all the prep,cleaning etc. So,we go off to Nikki's..happy about that, but noon??

I have both kids today, due to Good Friday. I am hoping if I get that Alvin, on the Carnival Dream movie, they will give Memere, some peace today

Healthy thoughts to all, & make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. Not much going on yet. I slept in today. I love it when I can. I got a call a little while ago telling me the caregiver would not be coming in today. That is the second time this week. I like her a lot but already twice in one week. I always have the chance for a sub, but that's usually not a problem. The big cheese is coming today to show me how to use the bed lift.

I hope all of our sick are feeling better.I really hope that a certain someone is not overdoing it. Snorklr, I hope the gate stays shut today! Mike, I want to come eat with you!

Have a wonderful day all.
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Captain

A beautiful sunny day here but the temps are a bit on the low side compared to last week. I'll take it anyway.
Today is my youngest grandaughter, Danica's 4th Birthday. Had she arrived in this world 6 hours earlier she would be sharing the day with her Papaw. His birthday was yesterday and I won't mention that he was 63 yrs old. We are having a small family celebration for the two of them later today with dinner and of course birthday cake. There is a local girl who is so talented and creative in cake decorating that she is doing a 1/2 Minny Mouse & 1/2 golf theme cake for the 2 of them. Can't wait to see it.
Planning to do some lawn work before everyone arrives. The grass is growing faster than we can get it mowed. D/H got his weedeater working so he will do that while I ride the mower.
Everyone have a great Good Friday and prayers to all those who are under the weather.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........sun is shinning.......a good sign.........

Not much going on today.......just a lazy day.........no big preps here.......gonna be a quiet weekend......

Thinking of y'all......feel better.......get well......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning from chilly but sunny NY
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM
First Mate

Morning Cruisemates!

Sunny and getting warmer today.

Easter Dinner is at my sister's house this year......YAYYY I usually always have all the family at least 12 of us here for all the family "events", it will be nice to have the day off.

Hope everyone feels better today and have a great Easter!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old April 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Sunny and warm here, but the storm clouds are starting to loom. We have someone coming to see our condo in a little while so I will have to vacate the place. It looks like a place from Better Homes and Gardens, but who can live like this?

We will be having Easter dinner with our niece's inlaws on Sunday. They didn't know that they were getting a big extended family with that marriage. We enjoy our time with them and are happy to be included.

Sounds like folks are feeling better around here. Praying that continues.
Take care and have a very Happy Easter weekend.

Phyll
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A high of only 81 today in the desert. I can't believe it's now into my last week here.

Today is cleaning day, and slowly getting ready to shut the condo down for the season, before I cover everything with plastic.

Hope everyone has an excellent Good Friday, and enjoys the weekend with their families.

Tonight I go to my sister's for Passover seder.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Default Good Friday (Really)

Good morning and a pleasant Good Friday to all. Like Kuki, we enjoy balmy temps.

Mike, your menu sounds delicious. We are invited to the in-laws for Easter. i have no idea what the menu will be, but I'm sure it will be yummy.

The day will be quiet here, as well. Keith plans to go to the gym; otherwise, nothing special.

Judy
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Sunny Florida.

I hope that all our friends who are sick are doing much better today.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:49 PM
First Mate

Have been kind of over-doing it so stayed in bed most of the day. TG everyone left the gate locked today!!

CarnivalTriumph
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Admiral

I originally thought I'd be spending my Easter alone this year with my furry children but have since made arrangements with a family friend who is also going to be alone so we're going to do Easter dinner together.

Of course Prayers continue for those in need and Blessings on all continue!

Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Admiral

I can never get in on the good morning thread due to being on the west coast and with my work schedule, but I decided to stop in and and say good evening from the desert.

Our plan for Easter dinner is hot dogs at the ball park! Or something else from the many amazing choices they have. I heard on the news this morning that Chase Field has 1/4 mile of food choices. Today was opening day for the Diamondbacks (we won!), but we weren't able to go because it is really hard for Jose to get off on Friday. So we have tickets for Sunday. Yahoo! I can hardly wait! Sunday is predicted to be about 92 degrees and the stadium's retractable roof is supposed to be open, so we should have the true outdoor baseball experience.

Happy Weekend!