Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Default Easter Sunday...or is it Christmas?

Morning Mates, it's easy to confuse Easter for Christmas here in Pictou County, since we woke up to at least 10 cms of fresh snow, a temp of 0C with a windchill of -9, and wild winds whipping everything around! Not exactly my idea of spring and Easter!

Looks like we will be "laying low" today; we don't have to go out for anything, and pretty much everything is closed anyway, so we'll just hibernate and relax...

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; April 8th, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:09 AM
First Mate

Good Morning! Happy Easter to all!

I am working for a few more hours this morning then back tonight, so not much activity for me... I am debating if I can manage to go to church with my family and get a few hours less sleep than normal, or if I should stay home and make room for those that don't regularly attend... We'll see.

I never report the weather here, because it is the same as Kuki, but I must say it does feel like spring here in AZ! It is cool in the mornings and evenings, but nice and warm all day. Although in a few more weeks I'll be wishing I could go back to somewhere cold like some of you! I really don't care for hot weather!!!!

I bought my husband, father in-law, and son tickets to go see our Diamondback's play this afternoon and my daughter is going to spend the day with Grandma, so it should be a peacful sleeping day for me!

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Easter and that we all remember why we celebrate!!

This is my husband and son earlier this year at Fan Fest.

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Yesterday was our Easter celebration and we had a good time. Betty has to work today but my grandson wanted to stay with grandpa and Mom and Dad will pick him up around noon. We've already had our breakfast and a balloon sword fight and now he's putting together a Lego, Star Wars, Deathstar that is too complicated for me but a six year old can figure it out.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Easter Sunday and that the upcoming week is a wonderful one.

I also hope everyone stays warm, or cool, whichever the case may be.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Sunny Florida.

Happy Easter, and it does feel like Easter over here. The palm trees are doing well and the weather is very comfortable.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A sunny Sunday Easter morning here in the windy city. We're back from our Dell's trip and how nice it was to sleep in my own bed last night. I stayed up last night to watch the Ten Commandments on TV. When we were kids we always watched it as a family but D/S watched about ten minutes and fled to another room.
I have a cheesy hash brown casserole in the oven to bring to my sisterís house later today, looks tasty!

Have a happy and blessed Easter .

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Aero:

We watched parts of it with the Grandkids last night. The number of commercials was ridiculous and ruined it for the kids.

I do remember watching it a lot as a kid but I have to say that a lot of the acting was pretty bad. Heston and Yule did good jobs but some of the others reminded me of a high school play. Oh well: It's the story not the acting that counts.

Take care
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I'm up and that's about it. My allergies are on the warpath. Not much on tap for today. Same thing as always. Have a beautiful day all.
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Happy Easter to all from sunny and warm NY .
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a beautiful Texas, and a sleep deprived Russo household.

I have been wanting a new dog. Both of our remaining are big, and do not travel well. I wanted a small dog that I could take with me on our trips, to keep me company while Jim is working. I have been looking around, but could not find a smaller dog. I could have purchased one, but i was looking for a rescue.

We looked again yesterday but couldn't find one I liked. Until I got the urge to go to Wal Mart. I told Jim we had to go, and he said what for? I told him I didn't know what for, but we had to go.

Just inside the parking lot was a man giving away puppies. She was the last one, and is perfect. So very smart and sleeps only two hours at the time.

We brought her home, and Josh wanted nothing to do with her. "I'm not going to love anything else, that will just die." At 3:00 I
woke up with him playing in the floor in the livingroom with her. His eyes were shinning like they use to before Joe died.

Now, you have to ask yourself, Why the need to go to Wal Mart?

Who lead me there with such determination?

Is it possible to love after being hurt so very bad?

Is it just us, and when we die, we are just dead, or do we live on in people's hearts and minds?

Is this just another day for the candy manufactors, or is this the day of love, and new beginnings?

I send part of my love to each of you today. Come to find out, I had extra to give away.

Much Love,

Luanne

PS Mike, her picture is on FB could you possibly share it with everyone on here?

Luanne, here is your photo, I did it for you - rollerdonna.

by the way, she is ADORABLE, what kind is she?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link

Last edited by rollerdonna; April 8th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning and a Good Easter Sunday cruisemates!

KD... I REALLY DO HAVE TO READ better. Until I caught the picture of your DH and son I didn't realize you were in this area. 5 months here... we could have met for coffee/lunch/drinks or whatever. Too bad. Maybe next year.

Packed half my bag yesterday (the long pants and heavier stuff). Today I'm back out to the links to lose some of the remaining few golf balls I have left Can't pass up on the a day in the 90s, after Mrs. Kuki told me there was light snow falling at home.

Should be home to catch the last couple hours of The Masters golf tournament.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Captain

It has been a busy few days around here as usual. We had a small family get together to celebrate D/H & grandaughters birthdays. Here is a picture of their cake.

Yesterday was little ones party with the rest of the family and several of her little friends from daycare. The theme was Minney Mouse and her cake was just beautiful Here's a picture of it with her.

Today will be recovery day for me after so much fun.

Everyone have a great EASTER and remember why we are celebrating today.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:14 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Good morning from a beautiful Texas, and a sleep deprived Russo household.

I have been wanting a new dog. Both of our remaining are big, and do not travel well. I wanted a small dog that I could take with me on our trips, to keep me company while Jim is working. I have been looking around, but could not find a smaller dog. I could have purchased one, but i was looking for a rescue.

We looked again yesterday but couldn't find one I liked. Until I got the urge to go to Wal Mart. I told Jim we had to go, and he said what for? I told him I didn't know what for, but we had to go.

Just inside the parking lot was a man giving away puppies. She was the last one, and is perfect. So very smart and sleeps only two hours at the time.

We brought her home, and Josh wanted nothing to do with her. "I'm not going to love anything else, that will just die." At 3:00 I
woke up with him playing in the floor in the livingroom with her. His eyes were shinning like they use to before Joe died.

Now, you have to ask yourself, Why the need to go to Wal Mart?

Who lead me there with such determination?

Is it possible to love after being hurt so very bad?

Is it just us, and when we die, we are just dead, or do we live on in people's hearts and minds?

Is this just another day for the candy manufactors, or is this the day of love, and new beginnings?

I send part of my love to each of you today. Come to find out, I had extra to give away.

Much Love,

Luanne

PS Mike, her picture is on FB could you possibly share it with everyone on here?

Luanne, here is your photo, I did it for you - rollerdonna.

by the way, she is ADORABLE, what kind is she?
What a sweetheart! Absolutely adorable! I hope she is easier to train than our Holly was. What a stinker she was, only after she was spayed did she figure it out!!!!
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Thanks Donna. She is some sort of terrier.

She is showing smarts already. This one hopefully will be easier.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Luanne,

How absolutely precious, doubly so because you gave a wonderful home to a foundling that didn't have one!

But then I wouldn't expect you, Jim and Josh (regardless of what he might say) to do otherwise!

Good luck and God Bless
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:23 AM
First Mate

The puppy is Adorable!! Looks to me like a Wheaten Terrier, but they get to be good sized. Maybe a Cairn Terrier?

Kuki- I didn't expect to stand out in all the posts, especially since I don't post as regularly as most of you. That would be neat though, thanks for the thought!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999