Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Admiral

Default A Warmer Monday Morning Means Cheaper Natural Gas

It may not be this way in Pictou (sorry RollerDonna), but I read in the newspaper where heating with natural gas in the US is way down this year while production has skyrocketed. Matter of fact, I read this morning where it has been the warmest winter on record.

Even drillers drilling for natural gas have converted some of their drilling toward oil as a result of this unexpected boom in gas production. You still get some natural gas as well because natural gas is a by-product of drilling oil wells. The end result is that natural gas is at its lowest wholesale price in decades

Maybe we should come up with a hybrid vehicle that runs on gasoline/natural gas. Despite political rhetoric, the increase of oil we are now pumping is a result of wells started four and five years ago and the overwhelming amount of that is coming from private land, not public lands which are being used as a political football. Actually, were it not for the wells on just private (which is less cvontrolled by governmental beauracracy) and not only public land, our oil production would by now have been way up and we may not have found ourselves at the astronomical pump prices we are seeing today. Like it or not, this alone is fact, not rhetoric.

Hopefully some day we'll learn but I doubt it.

Also, despite rhetoric, the government is not funding increased oil production by giving subsidies to the oil industry nor do they want to. Though fat cats who receive the ridiculously high salaries do benefit (of that there is no doubt), the government is not paying subsidies but are a result of tax write offs that were passed in many cases, decades ago.

Finally those who want to gut "big business" have little idea (even though they should) that the majority of stock in big business in this country is controlled by brokerage houses the proceeds for which fund retirement accounts for the average blue collar worker. In essence, tax the hell out of big business "excess profits" and you'll only succeed in shooting many of ourselves in the foot.

Wouldn't it be nice if all sides spoke the truth? Sadly, that is definitely not going to happen in an election year.

As for yours truly, will possibly go over to Clinton and have an expert go with me to find another vehicle. I don't think there will be that much going on today to prevent that -- at least I hope not.

Prayers continue for those on the list accompanied by Prayer for Blessings upon all!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Todd, and all Mates to follow....
You're right, it's not a very warm Monday in Pictou County, 3C in fact, and there is still snow on the ground. It was a nasty-weather Easter here and my Easter Egg tree in the back porch looked slightly out-of-season!

Easter weekend passed without excitement, no family, no special dinner, just quiet relaxation, and sometimes that is needed too...
I still have another day off work, so I need to do the housecleaning, since yesterday I read an entire Jodi Picoult book - she is such a riveting writer!
Hope you all had a pleasant Easter/Passover weekend.....

donna
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a wet, warm Texas.

We had a nice day together for Easter. I fixed dinner, and then we spent time with the puppy, which has turned out to be an adventure.

Saturday when she came home for the first time, so was timid, quiet, and needy. Now she has turned into roadrunner. I really don't think she will be hard to train. She already knows that going outside is potty time, as well as trying to eat as many bugs as she can.

Today I have to get my house in order, and get ready for our trip.

I hope all of you have a good day.

much love,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:38 AM
First Mate

Good Morning!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter whether you were busy like me, or relaxing like Donna. :-)

I managed to stay awake and go to church with my family. It was one of the best services our church has had in a long time. We are in between pastors, so it has been a little lacking.

After church I managed to get a 4 hour nap/sleep, then I got up and made a ham, green bean casserole, and rolls for Dan and the kids before heading back here.

This morning is my Friday, so I am staying up all day so I can sleep tonight. I have been researching fishing this morning. I have never done it, but always wanted to so I think we're going to try it during this camping trip! They stock the lake we'll be camping by with Trout and a few other things, so I was trying to find out what type of bait, hooks, etc I will need to buy today... If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

I hope everyone has a great week!!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Todd: I don't know where the newspaper got its information but Natural Gas prices, while slightly lower than a year ago, are far from "the lowest in decades". Perhaps they may be the lowest in the last eight or ten years. The current price for Natural Gas is around $8 per thousand cubic feet. With the "Wellhead price around $3/thousand. That's about the same as it was in 2004. In 2006 and and 2008 the retail price spiked to around $16 per thousand cubic feet so it definitely is less now than it was at the peak. The latest data I found was as of January 2012 and it is possible the regular Spring drop has occurred. However I don't think it's sitting at $2 right now. Especially for "Home Grade" natural gas.

Also: Propane is still around $2/gallon depending on the retailer. I filled last month for $1.74/gallon.

Good Monday morning.

It's "School Lunch Day" for Betty and I. We'll be having lunch with our grandson and granddaughter at their elementary school. I don't know if I can handle two school lunches. No matter: It will be fun and our granddaughter called before she went to bed to double check that we would be there at 11:15 this morning.

We had a good Easter weekend. We had our Easter dinner on Saturday and it was a good one but the prime rib in the BBQ was overcooked. i.e. Medium to medium well. With the rain I didn't check it as often as I should have. I thought about calling Kuki and asking if he wanted me to ship some well done meat to him.

Well: I'm off to shower and this afternoon work on the Cruisemates Carnival Breeze cruise. I need to find a place for a pre-cruise get together and return a couple of emails I got over weekend concerning tours.

Have a wonderful week!
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. My daughter if off to school and the animals are settled. I hear my dad talking in his sleep. He sleeps most of the time now. He even fell asleep the other day with the caregiver shaving him. An uncle from California called yesterday and said he'd like to come visit but he does not know if he can get off work. Dad tried to talk to him but he slurs his words (even when he's not confused) and my uncle could not understand him. I wish my uncle had not put this off so long.

Todd, I hope that you find a car.

Donna, I hope you enjoy your day off.

Krista, I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Luanne, I'm glad you have a wonderful new puppy to love.

Mike, enjoy being with the grandkids.

Sending get well wishes to the sick.

Have a wonderful day.
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Captain

It is a beautiful start weather wise here. Frost on the ground but the sun is burning that off pretty fast. Today I have both grandaughters as this is the last day of spring break. For Easter I bought the girls the video HOP so we are planning a movie time this afternoon. The girls are watching Mickey Mouse on TV right now which is keeping them occupied for awhile. I have managed to get a load of laundry going and have things pretty well straightened up in the house. It won't stay that way long with the 2 rug rats here but who cares as long as they have a good time at Grandmaws!
Yesterday was my rest up day and I did just that. I spent time working on a baby afagan until I ran out of yarn. We have 5 couples with new arrivials coming so I have been busy trying to get afagans made. I have 2 done, 1 started and 2 left to begin. Luckily the last 2 are not needed until August but I've got to get the one I have started done by the first of May. Will be making a Wal Mart run to pick up more yarn tomorrow. While I was crocheting I watched the Masters, what a finish. So glad that Bubba won, I really like him. If all goes well I will get to see him in action at the Memorial in Columbus, Oh. the end of May. D/H has promised to take me this year at least for some of the practice rounds.
RD, sorry for the snow in your area. At least you have the day off.
Todd, hope you find just the right car for you. I think a sporty convertible would look good on you! Get a flashy red one with racing stripes .
Mike, have a good lunch with the kiddos!
KD, enjoy your time off and wish we were going camping! I'm so ready to get the camper out and ready.

Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Admiral

I packaged Haitian heat and brought it home with me .
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Default A Warmer Monday Morning Means Cheaper Natural Gas

Good morning. Another beautiful day and then rain, we're told.

We enjoyed a nice Easter with family, and as usual, too much food and too many desserts!

So it's back to the same old, same old: gym and housework.

Have a good day, all.

Judy

Old April 9th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates

Another sunny day here. It'a just a routine day for us. I had a consultation today and got all the info for a Colonoscopy which will take place next week.

Boy, that's going to fun.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
Good afternoon Mates

Another sunny day here. It'a just a routine day for us. I had a consultation today and got all the info for a Colonoscopy which will take place next week.

Boy, that's going to fun.

TM
The colonoscopy isn't that big of a deal. The most uncomfortable thing is the "prep" the day before. Plan on staying "really" close to home.

Take care and I know it will turn out just fine.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Admiral

I'm waiting on a colonoscopy too - we can all have "fun" together!

donna
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Umm, I hate the prep for those things! The test itself is nothing, especially if you get knocked out. Will be thinking of you two and hope things go well.
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:03 PM
First Mate

TM & RD: I do not envy you..However, they are not that bad if you get a gentle doc who knocks you out for the procedure!!

KD: Wish I knew what lake u were going to. I have a lake close to me where I go to catch more than my fair share of Crappie (pronounced "Croppie"). I just get a little fishing pole (cane pole works too) with cork and hook..Hang out by the stumps in the shallows where it is quiet. When they are in season, I always fill my ice chest with fish. A few years ago, I finally learned how to take the hook out properly..I had to..I was catching them one after another! Really is a lot of fun. Just make sure someone else agrees to clean all the fish you catch!

Todd, just buy a Big Wheel and get it over with.

CarnivalTriumph
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Well, it has been a hot couple of days here in the desert, 94 today, I think, but it's supposed to cool off a little bit later in the week. We went to see our beloved Diamondbacks play yesterday and it was a little warm with the roof open, but it was great seeing real outdoor baseball being played. I got a little sunburn on my arms, but nothing to worry about. We swept the Giants the first three games of the season! Yahoo! Oh that we could say at 1.000 for the whole season, !

Good wishes to all my fellow Cruise Mates.
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
I'm waiting on a colonoscopy too - we can all have "fun" together!

donna
Sounds like a plan...

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:06 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorklr45 View Post
TM & RD: I do not envy you..However, they are not that bad if you get a gentle doc who knocks you out for the procedure!!

KD: Wish I knew what lake u were going to. I have a lake close to me where I go to catch more than my fair share of Crappie (pronounced "Croppie"). I just get a little fishing pole (cane pole works too) with cork and hook..Hang out by the stumps in the shallows where it is quiet. When they are in season, I always fill my ice chest with fish. A few years ago, I finally learned how to take the hook out properly..I had to..I was catching them one after another! Really is a lot of fun. Just make sure someone else agrees to clean all the fish you catch!

Todd, just buy a Big Wheel and get it over with.
snorklr45, we are headed to a lake called Blue Ridge Reservoir. It is on the Mogollon Rim here in AZ. I have never fished there, but I am told they stock it with trout, so I went to Bass Pro this week and got myself a couple poles and a "Trout Kit". Hopefully that will do the trick. We plan on doing some small animal hunting as well

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999