Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Midweek Already!

Morning Mates, another sunshiney and cool day here in Pictou County, nice day for the long walk I will take with my neighbour for our twice weekly exercise regime. Add that to my 3X a week aquafitness, and whatever walks with the dog I can fit in on weekends, my vow to exercise more this year is doing well!
Results are good too, another pound and a half off this week, slow but steady!

Hoping to get out tonight ad try a new trivia at a local pub. They've replaced "live" trivia with the "electronic" one, so I'm curious to see what that is all about. Prizes used to be gift certificates, so you'd end up with your drinks or meal free...provided of course, that you got all the answers right!

Hope everyone is doing well midweek, and coasting on into the weekend....

donna
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a still dark, Texas, where we will be in the 80's later today.

We are sleep deprived this morning. Bella had her first dr.'s appointment yesterday, and the shot made her sleepy, so she slept all day. Not so last night.

The dr said she was in good shape, and we now have a breed. She schnauzer. She appears to be full blooded, but without tests, they are not sure. Doesn't matter to us, but interesting to see what she is other than a ball of fur, and a pain in the butt.

She weights 5 lbs and is in the adventure stage. I call it the 2 year old stage. You remember the NO, STOP.

She does really cute things, but a few are not so cute. Yesterday I was cleaning the bathroom. I came in the livingroom to answer the door, and turned around and she had brought the bathroom rug with her.

She is also using the doggy door, so much that she goes in, and out over and over again.

Donna, I know weight loss is slow when done right, but it is so worth it. I am proud of you. I have yet to weight this morning, so I don't know how I did yesterday, but hopefully I have a good number too.

Well, I guess I had better start the day.

Have a good one all.

Much love,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Another sunny day here. It has been nice to have so many sunny days, but we could use some rain.

Donna, good luck with your trivia game and keek up with your walking.

I hope that all Cruisemates have a wonderful day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:33 AM
First Mate

Morning Cruisemates!

Happy "Hump" day, which means my sister has her 2 Grandaughters over tonight for supper, which means I get to SHARE them! It's very handy that she lives right next door They are 5 and 2 and the 2 yr old is soooo funny and makes me so happy just being with them.
I can't wait to be a Grandma....I told my son and his girlfriend, I'm not gettin any younger!

It's sunny here today and hopefully it'll warm up a bit more, it's only 5C so far.

Hope everyone has a great day and "keep smiling..it makes people wonder what you've been up to "

Luanne......Love your Bella, she's a cutie
Donna.......Good luck with your trivia tonight and aquafitness and sure hope the kids at work are good for you today!

To all other Cruisemates....hope you feel good today.

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Captain

Well it is down right cold here this morning. My body was really liking those 75 & 80 degree temps so dropping into 30's just ain't cuttin it. High today to only be 50 .
D/H is out golfing again this morning, this time with a heavier jacket on I'm sure. I have already managed to get the house in order and do a little office work. I have a craft project to attempt today so that is next on the agenda.
LuAnne, Bella is just adorable. Those terrible twos can be rough but you'll manage. Just enjoy her all you can.
RD, good luck with trivia tonight. Congrats on the weight loss!
Comet, there is nothing like being a grandma. I have two girls, 8 & 4 and they keep me laughing when they are here. Of course there is the sometime fight between sisters, but that is to be expected. I remember how it was with me and my 2 younger sisters.

Everyone have a great day and take care.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Admiral

It is raining here today ,badly needed as there have been several brush fires in the past few days.
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It is a nice clear and crisp day here. No frost this morning so that's good and we'll hit somewhere in the 50's today.

I can't believe how busy I am and taking time off for a "brain vacation" doesn't help.

Yesterday we took our son's dog Mocha, who is for now back with us to the Doggy Beauty Parlor for a bath and trim. Well, we got our money's worth. The groomer sheered her and she doesn't look like the same dog. I was a bit irritated but it may keep the shedding down. The only thing I don't like about having a dog is the hair. Kramer was the worst and though I miss him every day I sure don't miss the hair. Mocha sheds, but nothing like Kramer.

Also we added a cell phone on to our plan for our granddaughter. It was hard for me to get a cell phone for a ten year old but I weighed the pros and cons and the pros won out. Grandpa is going to monitor that thing like crazy. Verizon has a nice feature where you can look at all text messages and flag keywords and be notified if they pop up in texts.

Today, I need to start preparing for the weekend. We will have a house full of company. My brother, SIL, nephew, niece and niece's boyfriend will be here for the weekend. My brother, nephew, niece's boyfriend and I will be taking a class on Saturday so we decided to make a weekend out of it. The ladies will be going shopping and doing lunch on Saturday and we'll all go out on Saturday night. Everyone is arriving on Friday so all the beds and one couch will be full this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great hump day and a wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Cooling into the 80s in Scottsdale today.

Two more sleep and I head north Mrs. Kuki tells me the weather has been quite nice, but snow flurries expected on the weekend.... just for me

Had my last game of golf here yesterday, and it was a perfect day for it.

Most of my stuff is packed, and the next two days are for getting last minute stuff done , to be ready to go.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Midweek Already!

Good morning! It rained all night, I am happy to say. No sun, and it looks like we would get more of the wet stuff.

Looks like everybody is busy, so I'll just say I hope everybody has a nice day.

Judy