Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Default Thorougly Wet Thursday

Morning Mates, from a wet and dreary Pictou County. The good news is that I can already see the yellow/brown grass and fields turning greener by the minute, so maybe the leaf buds won't be far behind.....although they're talking about this rain turning to snow overnight, so we may wake up to white again tomorrow...

Had an awesome morning at the beach with Emma yesterday, she had more energy than I've seen in a long time and she enjoyed her free run as much as my friend and I enjoyed our long walk.

Tried out a new trivia last night "Live Wire" it's called, on a big screen with all sorts of audio-visual clues, songs, movie clips, old photos, and a puzzle with clues to figure out for extra points. It was a lot of fun, and we came in 3rd.
I will go back next week, but the hard part will be resisting the best french fries in town at the pub!

donna
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A sunny but cold morning here but warming up later today. I received an invitation to Orlando with a free room and transportation the only drawback I need to leave today.
Actually it was from my niece who rented a condo for the week for her and her family and wanted me to come along; however it was too spontaneous even for me although I did give it some thought.

Donna…. you’re the trivia queen even in 3th place! I’m glad you and Emma enjoyed your day.

Have a great day everyone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Captain

A sunny day here. Frost on the ground earlier but that is burning off. Today is my D/D's birthday. Where have the past 37 yrs went? She has became a wonderful woman, mother and wife. Very proud of her.
I slept in until 8:30am for some odd reason today. Guess I was tired. Need to get busy around here. We will be leaving tomorrow for the Cleveland area then to Canton, Ohio on Sat. We are taking the dog with us so he will need a bath sometime today. He loves to travel which is a good thing for us. Had hoped to take the motorhome but with gas at $4.00 a gallon it will be cheaper to drive the car and stay at a hotel tomorrow night. Plus the motorhome would not start so after the SIL did some investigation it has been determined that the fuel pump is out. He said he could fix it just don't know when right now. Don't need it until the end of May so maybe he can get around to it before then!
RD, the trivia QUEEN! Sounds like loads of fun.

Everyone have a good day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM
First Mate

Morning Cruisemates,

Had a wonderful visit with my sister's Grandaughters last night, so much fun playin "Barbies"....we had one son only so playing Barbies brought back some fond memories of my first Barbie, that was way back when they first came out, I remember mine only came with a red one piece bathing suit, now they come with TONS of things!!

Sunny and going to be a nice day today, housework to do so better get at it!

Donna, sounds like you had a wonderful time with Emma, making memories that will last a lifetime.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old April 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Sunny and 60 here this morning .
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM
First Mate

Back after a day at the doctors'. Had an endo appointment and was not truly happy about that! To have some tests and see him back in a month. Other appointment was for RA infusion. Only took one needle stick this time! Last time was five! I did get to watch the girl stab other patients 2 or 3 times to hit paydirt!!!!

A sunny but cool day in NW Ohio. To get in the 50's. We have had frost the last few mornings, but don't know if it was enough to kill the vegetation. Wait and see.

Luanne, Bella looks and sounds like a real sweetheart. Hope she stops dragging around the bathroom rugs. At least she didn't chew a hole in it (yet!).

Not much happening around here. DH will be working 12 hours over the weekend. DD#2 has a busy weekend at her and fiance's cottage - new windows going in. DD#1 will be on call all weekend and is usually busy all weekend. So, maybe some scrapping and house cleaning for me! Ugh!

Hope all needing to feel better are and hope all the rest have a good day.

Old April 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Enjoying my last day of coffee and cruisemates on my "patio perch". Temps today have cooled from the 90s, and I have a day in the mid 70s in store.

Not a big deal as I'll spend most of my day cleaning, and finishing up my packing, and then covering the furniture for the summer.

Taking my sister out for dinner tonight, as my brother in law has some plans for tonight.

I really have enjoyed this, my 3rd winter, here as a snowbird. But now it's time to go home, and see my accountant, Yul Paylotz, to get my taxes done.

I do look forward to seeing my two Kuki Jrs, and my daughter in law... and Mrs. Kuki too, who I haven't seen for two weeks
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Thoroughly Wet Thursday

Good morning! For us, it was a thoroughly wet Wednesday, and it will be a thoroughly wet Friday morning!

Donna, please give Emma a hug for me.

Kuki, have a safe trip back to Calgary.

Not much on the slate all week, which is nice.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Good aternoon from sunny Florida. We could use a rainy day, but we get sunshine everyday instead.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:02 PM
First Mate

Good afternoon from a muggy south Texas! Family is out mowing the lawn while I am still resting my laurels from surgery.

Tests came back from culture and sure as the world, someone or something at the hospital gave me a staph infection on my leg. Luckily it is not MRSA. Just plain old staph they tell me. Thank the Lord it was caught quickly (by me) and now on antibiotics to hopefully eradicate it before it can go any further. Makes me want to stay away from hospitals that much more!!! I was already a germ-a-phobe before!! If ever you are in the hospital make everyone WASH their hands before touching you.

In other news...I'm making my famous spaghetti for my Mom and Step-Dad. I think I was Italian in another life. No one can resist when I make my spaghetti! I'm putting my chefs hat on to give mom a break. Managed to get my laundry done last night and change my bed. I am making good progress. Won't be long now before I get released by the doc and go home. Oh how I miss the neighbor kids banging the basketball against my bedroom wall!!:-D

Well, I had better get busy chopping the garlic. The he-man in the house gets grumpy if dinner is not served by 6pm. Hope everyone has a great evening!!

CarnivalTriumph
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Exclamation Thunderous Thursday

Thursday Night here in Central California was sort of scary.

For over two hours we were under a Severe Thunderstorm Hail and TORNADO watch. Very very rare event here.

The thunder rolled, but the hail missed us and the tornado did not develop. I actually stayed off the computer -- practically went into withdrawal.

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Admiral

For over two hours we were under a Severe Thunderstorm Hail and TORNADO watch. Very very rare event here.

The thunder rolled, but the hail missed us and the tornado did not develop. I actually stayed off the computer -- practically went into withdrawal.

Old April 13th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Admiral