Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Default Sunshine Saturday!

Morning Mates, 2 wonderful things about today: Sunshine and Saturday! Considering it was supposed to be a miserable rainy weekend, it sure was nice to wake up to beautiful spring sunshine.

My school is holding their annual Spring Fling, sort of a fair type fundraiser, with bake sale, cake walk, arcade type games, silent auction, door prizes, etc. so I will head over there today to see what bargains I can find.
Then tonight is trivia night at the pub, always fun to look forward to....

Wishing everyone a happy Saturday....

donna
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday for all of you out there with hangovers

It's finally brightening up to be a pretty decent day here in upper East Tennessee although showers were originally forecast. Of course it's early yet.

I was scheduled to drive up to Bristol and help out again this year with the finals at Tri-Cities Got Talent but I have to admit, I just don't have the energy and what energy I do have I have to devote to the house. I seriously doubt it but maybe Jeff can find me a little extra somewhere or somehow. I guess I just have to face the fact that for whatever reason, I'm increasing in age much faster than my years belie.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and prayers for those on the list and a request for Blessings upon all continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:59 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning boys, girls, ladies and gentlemen.

It's going to be a rainy day here in Birthday Land. It's my granddaughter's tenth birthday today and the party starts at 2. I can't believe it's been ten years and she is growing so fast.

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I mowed the lawn, de-thatched the lawn, swept the lawn, mowed the lawn again and then overseeded the lawn. In between we went and got the license renewed, repaired the lawn sweeper (new chain and gears) and made two birthday cakes for the birthday party. BTW: I have an almost two acre lawn.

I'm happy. That was the most physical labor that I've done in six months. It was also nice getting on and off the tractor without really thinking about the knee. I'm not 100% but I'm a heck of a lot better. With all that work I was out like a light at 9:00 p.m. and slept until 6:30 a.m. That's a long sleep for me.

Well: I have to get to decorating the cakes for the party. I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cool, sunny Texas. We had a little rain yesterday, and a small cool front, so it is beautiful outside.

I finished my book last night, and I would reconmend to anyone. It is called "Mrs. Kennedy and Me"

Not much planned for today. Jim has gone to take his truck back to the place where he purchased tires a few weeks ago. Something is just not right with them, and he is not a happy camper.

Mike, So glad you are back in the saddle. I can almost feel the smile on your face.

Todd, Glad you decided not to go. Take it easy and get the house in order, so you feel good about yourself.

Donna, I love your town, where they seem to always be helping someone.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Default What's Right With the World

Another beautiful day in Central CA, temperatures heading for the 80s.

And I am filled with anticipation. This morning the Scholarship Committee of our Lodge is gathering to read applications. We have over 50 applications from graduating seniors at local high schools, and as secretary I have glanced through them. They are amazing! So many great students, terrific grades, active in so many clubs, sports, and activities, hours and hours of community service, and most impressive of all the ability to write an essay that is not only properly spelled and grammatically correct, but clear, lucid, well organized and to the point!

These kids are not what is wrong with the world today. Every year when I read the scholarships my faith in the future is renewed. With these students moving forward and preparing themselves to lead, we are in good hands!

We offer 4 scholarships worth $4000 each, since we are fortunate to have a large trust fund from a bequest of a departed Brother. The only hard part of it is choosing those 4 out of all the outstanding students we consider.

And of course after that it is off to Middle Earth where my hobbit hunter Lavadoc is exploring the swamps round the Great River Anduin ...

And Mike, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to GD.

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM
First Mate

Morning Cruisemates!

It's not sunny here yet, but supposed to be later on .

We are going out for supper tonight to the Mandarin Buffet Restaurant, a chinese food buffet, but they also have ribs, roast beef available. The food is amazing and the choices......it's tough for a Libra like me!
We're celebrating our son's 28th birthday on May 1st., we are celebrating early because him and his girlfriend are going down to St. Maarten for 8 days this coming Thursday. They spent 2 months there a year or so ago working for a friend of ours and fell in love with it, so they are going back for his birthday..nice place to spend your birthday!

Donna, hope your Spring Fling is fun and you get lots of "stuff"

Todd, hope you have a "relaxing" day.

Mike, enjoy the party and I bet the cakes will look great!

Luanne, hope hubby gets the truck issues fixed, and I'm off to the library this morning, I'll check for that book.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday and feels good!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old April 21st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Sunny and cool here today and for most of the week looks like, Im ready for some temps in the 70's.
Happy 50th birthday to my big sister Linda today,
Well be going for an early dinner and back to her house for a little surprise party.

The last few weeks my finger joints have been kind of stiff in the morning when I wake up, its only when I make a fist. I do have my physical coming up in May so Ill see what the doctor has to say. I guess Im at that age where things are going to start acting up.

Anyhow have a great day.

MikeHappy Birthday to your sweet girl!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy NY .Mrs.Henry43 and I are in the process of booking another cruise .We have one booked for 2013 and are now planning our second 2012 cruise .
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:21 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Good morning from the buckeye state! I am spending the entire day spoiling both my boys rotten with lunch, movie, gifts and anything else they want! I hate spending money unless its on them and after this crazy week I need a bit of cheering up! Then im heading out to watch my friends band play this evening. May try to slip their drummer some money to let me play a bit its one of the best ways to unwind!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default Sunshine Saturday

Sunshine Saturday, indeed! Ol' Sol is blasting away out there. It was 100 yesterday and probably again today.

Keith has long since left for the Wright Flyer Project. I plan to do some work on the summer clothes, getting many (hopefully) of them for Good Will.

I hope everybody has a nice day.

Judy
Old April 21st, 2012, 12:07 PM
First Mate

Gearing up for a nasty afternoon/evening here in the "Sunshine" State. Meh. And today is my Monday. I wouldn't mind, but it looks like it will start up before I go in, so I run the risk of getting very wet getting from car to work building door.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.