Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Default A Cloudy Sunday

Sunday dawned cloudy but dry here in upper East Tennessee. Maybe a few showers but little rain in the forecast for the next couple of days. Temps too will be a tad cooler.

Spent the entire day cleaning yesterday and today I hurt in places I didn't even know existed. Still have a long way to go but at least I made a major dent in the situation.

Decided to fix corned beef for Sunday din-din and a close friend who is more like a family member is bringing the sides. Prior to Fran's death she used to come over frequently.

'Reckon I'll run up later and get something different for dessert.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and for those so interested, the good 'ol boys run at Kansas Speedway this afternoon.

Prayers and Blessings continue.

P.S. Robin Gibb regained consciousness this morning after being in a coma for a month. Marvelous news!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by ToddDH; April 22nd, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Todd and all mates to follow....
It's a cloudy Sunday here too, but we have rain, which is much needed to get things green again. It has been an unusually dry and sunny spring so far, but we are in for a week of April showers....

Last night at trivia they used my set of questions which I copied from trivia on the Ruby Princess, brought home and typed up for the pub. I couldn't play (even though I couldn't even remember half the answers!) but we played anyway, (just didn't hand in our answers) then I helped with the scoring. The questions were a good mix of topics, hard and easy, and everyone seemed to enjoy them, so the effort was worthwhile.

Today will be housework day, and most likely the dreaded "closet changeover" (Trip, you know what I'm talking about!).

Have a good one all!

donna
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a sunny Texas. It is cool this morning, but should warm up later. It is so nice not to use the AC.

We are sitting here trying to figure out what we are going to do today. It is so unusal for Jim to be home with nothing to do. He has to be doing something, or he goes crazy.

Todd, I hope your day goes well.

Donna, Love you

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning cruise animals.

It's a rainy day here also but we need it and so does the new grass seed I put down.

Yesterday was an overall fun day. My granddaughter's birthday party went off without a hitch and 1.5 cakes were eaten before we left. We brought my grandson home with us so he would not be terrorizing the eight girls who were spending the night.

Betty is not doing well though. Her neck and arm are hurting her and she went to the doctor on Friday and has an MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning. At 2:00 a.m. I did, what others should not, and gave her a dose of the painkiller I had for my knee. I don't know if it helped the pain but it knocked her out for the last six hours. The last thing she said before falling asleep was: "Oh the pretty colors." that's a joke.

There is nothing major on the agenda for today. Just watching my grandson until 1:00 p.m. and then we'll take him home. After that we'll just take it easy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and that the upcoming week is a great one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Waiting for the nor'easter to come up the coast..today & tomorrow will be a wash out, but, we too, need the rain, and, boy, are we gonna get it.

I had a nice compliment at work yesterday, a woman came in to buy one of my baubles,and she said to me, "I couldn't stop thinking about this necklace." That made me feel great! My boss mentioned to me that the owner of the store a few doors away, would like to borrow me, occaisionally to work in her store. Most of the stores on my block are owner operated, and when the economy tanked, they had to let some of their help go. I think at this stage of my life,and Bruce's upcoming operation, this won't be happening, but that was nice to hear too.

Donna,my closet changeover is mid stream.....will work today,and hopefully gettting it finished, today or tomorrow If I was rich, I would have 2 huge closets for this,and never worry again...when I win publishers clearing house, that's gonna be my #1!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Great news about Robin Gibb .

Showers are predicted to begin here in 3 hours .
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunshine, blue skies and temps reaching 70 in store for us today.

My mother called last night and asked if I could come over to talk today. I'll head over there later, but the chances of her remembering what she wanted to talk to me about are slim.

Also have to sit down and write my Blog for this week. I've decided to write about which embarkation port cities are a must to spend extra time in pre or post cruise... which I think will be interesting, and fun to recollect my times there.

My golf club is scheduled to open Wed., and I'm certainly looking forward to that. Our season here is so short, ending mid Oct

Going to be 100 degrees in Arizona today. If I were still there, today I'd be golfing and sweating
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert. Being on the west coast and not having a chance to check in to Cruise Mates during the week until after I get home from work, I rarely get to check in on the Good Morning thread since there is a 3-hour time difference with some of you. Heck, by the time I would say good day, some of you would be going to bed! So I'll say good morning today!

Kuki, you picked a good time to head back up north, because yesterday we hit 103 degrees and we're looking at the same again today! It's too early in the season for this! WAAAA!! (That's me, whining!)

Trip and Donna, I laughed when I read about you changing over the closets. I don't own any winter clothers, except for a few sweaters to put on over the short sleeved wardrobe I wear year round, and even then I really rebel at spending any money on anything with long sleeves because there are so few days when they can be worn!

Have a wonderful Sunday, Cruise Mates, and stay safe!
Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Default A Cloudy Sunday

Good morning! Temps here are varying: in the 80's today for us inlanders and in the 60's on the coast.

On Saturday, I weeded out all the shorts, capris and long pants I can't wear any more. They'll go to Good Will. I won't change my closets til May sometime.

Mike, sounds like the party was a success. Please tell Betty I hope she feels better soon.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
First Mate

Hello fellow Cruisemates..from deep south Texas. It's been a tad cooler and with rain on and off, really pretty pleasant.

Just got some laundry done and preparing a list for the doc at my appointment tomorrow. I stopped taking any pain medication - it has been 4 weeks since my hysterectomy. I'm getting the recommended daily exercise but still feel the need for naps on many days.

I too am thrilled that Robin Gibb woke up - gives me a little hope for him.

Have a great day everyone!!

snorklr45

CarnivalTriumph