Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Default Sounds as if it's going to be a "typical" Monday

It's currently 0550 hrs and while not faced, thank heavens, with the malestrom striking the Northeastern US, I think it's going to be a pretty yucky two days here in upper East Tennessee as well, with showers today and increasing wind and more rain tomorrow, as well. As the saying goes, "Spring showers bring May flowers," etc.

Hope all those in the Northeast and in northern Pennsylvania have everything battened down and those expected to be effected by up to two feet of snow, haven't put away their snow blowers yet. Something similar occurred last year so it's not unheard of, just upsetting, especially if the power goes down.

While possibly damp and breezy, things around here won't be bad. I think it will be East of you too Mike, at least I hope so. Sometimes living in this part of the world has its advantages.

Spent the weekend cleaning-cleaning-cleaning and lo and behold, basket case though I may have been, the place doesn't look that badly for the first time in a year. Of course shlepping over a year of newspapers up to the trash transfer station created a lot of room in the kitchen (12 large bags). That new CX-7 certainly came in handy for that.

Now if I can only keep it that way. Am going to vacuum the kitchen in a few minutes (one of my four cats is around 20 years olds, sheds like a machine, eats 20 oz of canned food a day and weighs probably six pounds soaking wet). Thank heavens I have the sense to keep the living room and dining room blocked off so all they need is periodic dusting and vacuuming.

Hope the weather doesn't slam you where you live and Prayers for those on the list and a request for Blessings upon all continue unabated.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
Captain

What a change in the weather here. We are in the 30's this morning with the high today to maybe get to 50 and cloudy. I prefer the sun and in the 70's! Hope all our east coast mates are staying warm and dry but it doesn't look like it.
Todd you are up early today and sounds like you had a busy work weekend. We were on the road with square dances all weekend. Sat. night was a special 50's theme dance. Many came dressed in the styles of that era and D/H called to music of the 50's. It was so much fun.
Today we will be going to visitation for a friend who passed over the weekend. He had cancer and it won but not without a 5 year fight. He was 74 and a very big supporter of our local youth sports programs. His grandkids play sports with our grandaughter. Those grandkids are sure going to miss Papaw.
Everyone have a great day, stay warm and dry if you can.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, and Todd is right, the weather does not look good here either. We're in for several days of wet windy weather, possibly even a little snow. Not what I wanted to hear after yesterday, when I cleaned and put away all the winter boots...

Todd, you and I were a "lean, mean cleaning machine" yesterday! I got so much done, even the pile of ironing that's been sitting there since returning from the cruise in March.
I even got the closet changeover done, although the drawers will have to wait because I am not yet ready for shorts and tank tops!

Today my neighbour and I are supposed to walk, but I'll wait and see what's coming out of the sky at 11:00. Right now, it's just dull, no rain, so we'll see....

travelgalsue, sorry to hear about the passing of your friend over the weekend...

In case anybody missed it, check out my other thread about Reese and Pictou County, what an incredible spirit my little town has!

donna
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The rain is stillcoming down, but, it's much lighter than it was overnight,and the wind is no more..We should be "emerald" by the end of the week.

A year ago this week I was getting ready to cruise on the Magic,and see Europe for the first time. I can't believe a year has gone by...It's also my anniversary this week....44 years...oh my!

My closet switcheroo is almost done as well...the winter things , are boxed,and the lighter stuff is up,some made it into the closet ,but a pile awaits today...The good thing is I am giving 3 bags to St. Vincents...how long can I hold on to some stuff!!

Make it a good one..Sue,my condolences.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny beautiful Florida. We had some much needed rain this weekend.

I made some bruchetta yesterday for some company that stopped by, and I am afraid that today feels like it's going to be one of those where the tummy will rule. I should have known better than to eat something with raw onions in it. Not much going to get done around here.

Trip, congratulations and Happy Anniversary!
Sue, my condolences to you too.
Todd and RD, sounds like you need a day off after your cleaning day yesterday.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning
Cool but sunny here today, I still wish it was in the 70's however.
I have spent the weekend purging everything from clothes, toys, old pictures of babies I have idea who they are and home goods. I have as of now six bags to bring to the Goodwill and I'm only half way through. I have thirty years of card to and from D/H in a storage box that I would never part with but yikes there a lot of them! It feels good to get some of this stuff organized.

Not much other than grocery shopping and more purging going on for me today.
Have a great day!

Need some cruise help?
ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
First Mate

A sunny, but cool mid-50's day in NW Ohio. Not much happening. The DH and dogs are snoozing in the living room. Laundry awaits to be switched over and a new load started. Same old, same old.

Another week of me seeing a doctor and DH seeing a doctor! Ugh, I want these visits to stop. Thankfully, we had a change in insurance in January. $25 co-pay per visit. Last year, insurance covered five visits and we paid the rest. I would have hit my five visits in the first month!!!!!!

Todd, Aerogirl and RD - you can come and clean at my house anytime!!

Sue - my sympathies

Trip - happy anni

Phyllbo - feel better

Have a good day all!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Good day from rainy NY
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Default Sounds as if It's Going to be a Typical Monday

Good morning. It's overcast here in SoCal from a thick marine layer. The fog didn't extend this far inland, though.

Keith and I spent Sunday afternoon in Newport Beach. When we left home, it was over 80. When we got to the coast, it was 64. In our own neck of the woods, jeans and a sweater will feel good.

Todd and Donna, I envy you all that cleaning. Trip, it's a little early for summer clothes here, but I wish the closet thing was done. Phyl, I hope you feel better. Sue, condolences to you.

Well, from all the cleaning it sounds like Monday will be a very orderly day for some CM's!

Judy