Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Default Cruise addiction

My name is Henry43 and I am a Cruiseaholic .

We did our first cruise in 1973 ,second in 1994 and just booked our 6th.cruise since 2008 .
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Admiral

As far as I am concerned, being a cruiseahoilc is a good thing.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16 *Anniversary cruise *
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Definitely we are cruiseaholic's. Since Jan 2005 we have done 13 cruises and number 14 is set for this Dec. And I would not be surprised if we have another booked before the Dec cruise.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Henry, congratulations. Your best post ever! Now that you are hooked, and you have the time; just remember to enjoy every minute!!!

There is no best cruise or worst cruise; there is no best ship or worst ship; there is only the excitement of seeing the world one day at a time.

Live every minute; take in every experience; accept everyone! There is nothing worse than those that are so fearful of experiencing other cultures that they develop a cocoon around them. Just cruise and see the world and you will be amazed at what seems like the smallest thing excites you.

From previous posts, I learned that you don't fly. Why don't you take a transatlantic; spend a few months in Europe and then take the QM2 the other direction. Or do the trip in reverse. There is so much of this world to see and experience. If nothing else, get to Paris. London is a better city but Paris is a better experience. Get to Rome! Get to Jerusalem! A cruise ship can get you everywhere!

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

Seven Seas Mariner - Bermuda - April 2016

Seven Seas Explorer - Med - October 2016
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Default Marc

From previous posts, I learned that you don't fly. Why don't you take a transatlantic; spend a few months in Europe and then take the QM2 the other direction. Or do the trip in reverse. There is so much of this world to see and experience. If nothing else, get to Paris. London is a better city but Paris is a better experience. Get to Rome! Get to Jerusalem! A cruise ship can get you everywhere![/QUOTE]

I am temporarily unable to fly due to a medical problem that began in November 2010 . My hope is that by 2013 I will be able to resume flying to vacation spots .
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Default correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
From previous posts, I learned that you don't fly. Why don't you take a transatlantic; spend a few months in Europe and then take the QM2 the other direction. Or do the trip in reverse. There is so much of this world to see and experience. If nothing else, get to Paris. London is a better city but Paris is a better experience. Get to Rome! Get to Jerusalem! A cruise ship can get you everywhere!
I am temporarily unable to fly due to a medical problem that began in November 2010 . My hope is that by 2013 I will be able to resume flying to vacation spots .[/QUOTE]

That should be Jan.2011 and not Nov.2010.
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Admiral

My niece Adelaide wants to go to Europe but won't fly. She wants us to go over on the say the QM2, spend some time in Europe including the Isle of Man (she knows I also am dying to see London's Imperial War Museum, Normandy and parts of Belgium and Germany). I also have always wanted to cross the North Atlantic (or at least as much of it as they actually use although I think the days of the Great Northern Route are history).

There's no way on earth I can afford such a tour but there's also no way I'd ever let her foot the bill for the whole thing either. Maybe we'll come up with a compromise! I'd best start really saving my shekels now!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

I think I may be becoming a cruiseaholic...seeing as I just want to et on a ship and not leave until my credit card stops working

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
My niece Adelaide wants to go to Europe but won't fly. She wants us to go over on the say the QM2, spend some time in Europe including the Isle of Man (she knows I also am dying to see London's Imperial War Museum, Normandy and parts of Belgium and Germany). I also have always wanted to cross the North Atlantic (or at least as much of it as they actually use although I think the days of the Great Northern Route are history).

There's no way on earth I can afford such a tour but there's also no way I'd ever let her foot the bill for the whole thing either. Maybe we'll come up with a compromise! I'd best start really saving my shekels now!
Todd, do you feel you can handle trains, subways, and the occassional rental car? If so, you can do your tour very reasonably. Ok, not cheap but still, very reasonable. We rented a car in Brussels and did Normandy, Mt St Michel, and St Malo in a long weekend. London is fantastic, just use the tube instead of taxis and you will save time and money. See if you can get enough points in some hotel program to help wiht hotels. QM2 has all sorts of cabins; you don't need to be in a Grill class.

I would definitely go! The bucket sure gets heavy when all you do is add things to bucket list; you need to take some off too.

Marc

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

Seven Seas Mariner - Bermuda - April 2016

Seven Seas Explorer - Med - October 2016
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Marc,

A couple of plusses are we could stay in Hampstead, London for nothing (another niece (DeAnna's sister, husband and son live there)), also costs nothing to stay in the Isle of Man (yet another niece and DeAnna's other sister) plus Bernie (a good friend and my Brother In Law liver there) and it would cost nothing to stay in France (i.e.: friends and relatives) so that would make a significant dent in some of the cost. Actually, the overhwhelming expense would be the going and coming plus housegifts and meals (I pick up the tabs for those).

Am also looking forward to European rail! The more plusses I keep adding makes me want to go sooner!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean