Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday At Last!

Morning Mates, and welcome to Friday!
It is a dull, cold morning here and does not look promising for the weekend. Don't know when I'm ever going to get some gardening done!
I'm off again early this morning to take Emma in for a beauty treatment - wash, blow dry, haircut and nail trim. I usually bathe her myself at home, but every so many months she gets a professional treatment, she deserves it.

Moiraine, thinking of you today, and my deepest condolences go out to you and your family...

donna
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

No weather problems here, other than the fact that we could use some rain.

Moiraine, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I wish everyone a nice friday.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from sunny Lakeland. It is a beautiful morning and I will soon be at the pool as the temps are headed to the 90's today. I am just going to pack a lunch and relax at the pool today. Have a wonderful day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 4th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a dull Texas. It is so humid outside, that you feel like you are in a shower.

Laura, Your pool day sounds good, but not for me, as I have yard work to do.

Moiraine, My love going out to you today.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning
I couldn't find the boards this morning...who moved the boards!
We had a nice warm day yesterday with strong storms in the evening and today it's pretty cool out there.

{{{{Moiraine}}}}

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I just bid farewell to my sister, her husband and the two dogs. It was a nice visit and we had a good time.

Betty now is in mega-housecleaning mode and I'm hiding out until she tells me to get off my butt and help.

We have to leave in two hours for "Grandparents Day" at the grandkids school. They do a program for the grandparents and then we get to meet their teachers and have a tour of the school. We've been to the school many times so the tour isn't required and we've met the teachers but it's nice to do. The kids are coming home with us and spending the weekend. My daughter and SIL are doing a class in Wisconsin this weekend so the kids are ours to do with as we wish. I'm thinking of training them in the arts of dusting vacuuming and waiting on Grandpa. You know: Life lessons.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

My best again to Moraine and her family.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Thunderstorms here early followed by sunshine followed by cloudy weather .
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:50 AM
First Mate

80's, partly cloudy, chance of showers/storms in NW Ohio. Not much happening.

DD#2 graduates tomorrow. Her hoped-for job did not come through, so the search continues. It was just bad timing, as a former employee is moving back to the area and had left on good terms. She will find a job, I am sure, just need to keep looking (she has two offers - but is holding out for a better job/better location).

Moiraine - thoughts, prayers and comfort all going out to you and your family. Please take care.

Have a good day all!
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday at Last

Good morning. The sun is shining once again. This time, it looks like we're done with the rain til October or so. We're five inches down.

Moraine, you are in my thoughts . . .

Have a nice day, everybody.

Judy
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:32 PM
First Mate

Another hot one here in south Texas..bright and sunny outside. Was a pleasant night out last night though (great for a walk).

I had an unexpected friend come to town with her gorgeous dog (lab/pit bull mix). I had to run to town to get a flea pill for her dog since the fleas out here in the country are UNREAL and she would not be able to walk her dog out here without a flea issue.

We're off to my Mom's house today to help give some shots to 4 rescue dogs that showed up starving to death (literally) on my Mom's doorstep. We're going to get the needed shots from the local co-op. Then it is off to my brother's house to drop off some new clothes for him - belated birthday. He would be naked without me and his mother!! Then my little weenie dog needs a bath and some ointment for the bug bites she got over at Mom's country place. She just HAS to roam all in the weeds and check out EVERYTHING.

Saw doc yesterday and got my release to drive (little did she know, I had already been driving for over a week..lol). Walked over to hospital to get copies of blood work and OP report. Blood work was for my internist but OP report was just for me out of curiosity. It was amazing what I found out about my surgery in those pages!! The things they DON'T tell you!! For example, they could not remember how my peritoneal cavity was lined up..So they "guestimated" when they sewed it back together. LMAO Some pretty shocking stuff in there. I feel fine and glad I did not read this before now. ha
I highly recommend getting your OP report if you ever have surgery..

(((((Moiraine )))))

Booked flight to Hawaii last night. Getting excited about that. Going to Priceline a car. Have gotten good deals bidding on cars in Hawaii via PL. Hotel was booked last week. We are sharing a 2 bedroom condo with a fold out sofa. Seems like the more ppl that hear about us going. The more people want to come. The fold out sofa is already full. I am trying to tell the current people not to tell anyone else unless they want to share the condo and sleep on floor...

Have a great weekend everyone!!

snorklr45

CarnivalTriumph