Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Captain

Default Hollywood revival Nick and Nora

Revival seems to be the word in Hollywood. Just as Sherlock Holmes was a revival, I see that a Nick and Nora Charles film is planned which is based on the characters in a film adaptation of The Thin Man . Nick Charles was portrayed by William Powell. Nora was portrayed by Myrna Loy. The on-screen chemistry between Powell and Loy, who often improvised on the set, was key to the wild success of the series and quickly became a defining feature of the characters. The films revolutionized the screen portrayal of marriage - previously earnest, virtuous, and staid - invigorating it with youth, irreverence, and sex appeal. Taking their cue from Hammett's humorous dialogue and comedy of manners elements, the movies moved even further from the traditional hard-boiled approach. The dog Asta - an integral character in the movies was a male wire fox terrier. In my opinion, in order for the next production of the Nick and Nora movie to be a success, they are going to have to find characters who acted as well as William Powell and Myrna Loy did.

I see that there is a Nick and Nora's Steakhouse on the Carnival Miracle. I was wondering what cruisemates thought of it.
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Default Hollywood Revivial Nick and Nora

I would love it if they did it right, meaning proper casting and not modernized.

I don't care for the Sherlock Holmes series of t.v. I don't care for the actor who plays Sherlock and I don't like the modernization.

Judy
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Admiral

I would cast Robert Downey ,Jr. as Nick and Anne Hathaway as Nora .

Approximately 20 years ago I developed a TV show in which Gomez and Morticia Adams were portraying Nick and Nora .It was to be a satirization but alas I was not able to gain network interest .
Old May 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Captain

Default Maybe Downey and Hathaway are the best choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
I would cast Robert Downey ,Jr. as Nick and Anne Hathaway as Nora .

Approximately 20 years ago I developed a TV show in which Gomez and Morticia Adams were portraying Nick and Nora .It was to be a satirization but alas I was not able to gain network interest .
It is going to be tough to find two actors today who can produce the results of the North husband and wife detective team. The actors projected the illusion that they loved each other, and even that they liked each other. It's going to be tough for the producers and the actors.

With all the somewhat wild productions that are going on in Hollywood you might be able to sell your idea today.
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Default Possibly but

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
It is going to be tough to find two actors today who can produce the results of the North husband and wife detective team. The actors projected the illusion that they loved each other, and even that they liked each other. It's going to be tough for the producers and the actors.

With all the somewhat wild productions that are going on in Hollywood you might be able to sell your idea today.

My days of writing are over .