Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Default (Cough Cough) It's Friday!

Morning Mates, well the cough I've had all week that I thought was just an allergy has now blossomed into a full fledged miserable cold. I am heavily medicated, canceling swimming and walking this morning and will go in to work only to deliver the attendance book to my co-workers, then coming home.

Last night though, before it hit full force, I spent a most amazing evening at a YMCA fundraiser with keynote speaker Craig Kielburger. He is an awesome young man who is changing the world one young person at a time and he is inspiring to all of us.

I had the honour and privilege to meet and talk with him, and much to my surprise, the slide show presentation he gave illustrating his points of Compassion, Community and Courage, contained a whole bunch of photos that I took, of my kids in my after school program!! I was so surprised and proud! (my boss had submitted them) That's her on the right.

Nice to know there are young people like Craig out there, doing good in the world, with organizations like Free the Children and Me to We...

donna
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

I'm in Connecticut for a week to visit friends and family.
We had a nice get-together with Henry amd Mrs. Henry yesterday.

Donna, I hope you get rid of your cough.

Have a nice friday folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!

Last edited by Manuel; May 11th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A glorious sunny day here, and tomorrow as well. Which is great, because my 1st grandchild, Cailtyn, will be graduating from college tomorrow. She is the apple of my eye,as she is a bright, compassionate, and, sweet as sugar young woman. After graduating she will be off on Sunday, with her other Grandmother, for nine days in the Bermuda sun. She deserves every minute, since she has worked so hard...she has done us all proud!

My other spot of sunshine, Lucy, will be coming soon. I taught her how to play Mah Jong on the Kindle, so, we should have some fun today.

Donna, feel better, glad you enjoyed your night.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 11th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a wet Texas. We are so glad to have the rain we have received so far. No flooding here, but good soaking rain, that will help us with our drinking water this summer.

I have been away from the boards a good bit this week, because I don't do the week of Mothers day very well. I am looking forward to Monday.

Today is another appointment for Bella to get another shot. She has grown so much, that it is hard to believe she once fit in my hand. She most certainly rules the roost.

I hope all of you have a good weekend. Wishing all of you mothers a good day. If you have a minute, say a prayer for me.

Love you all,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Greetings:

I have returned from a whirlwind trip to the Bay Area. One day is all it took to take care of business. Otherwise it would have been weeks of faxing papers back and forth, notarizing, and numerous phone calls.

It reminded me of the my old working days. Fly in, take care of business, sleep in a hotel, get up, fly home and never see the city.

Right now I have more workmen in the house. They were scheduled for 8:00 a.m. but showed up at 7:30. My neighbor and I were at the coffee shop when a, not too happy, wife called and said they were there. Betty doesn't like to get awakened and meet people in her robe.

We will also pick up Betty's car from the body shop, later this morning. She had a fender bender last week and her rear bumper was replaced. That's $500 more out of the check book.

This weekend will be a busy one. Grass needs mowing; again. Then I have to get some cruise work done for the upcoming CM Carnival Breeze cruise.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and that all you Moms out there have a great Mother's Day.

My best thoughts go out to Luanne.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm and sunny NY .I echo Manuels words from earler this morning .
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:56 AM
First Mate

Back after thyroid biopsy. The worst part was the disinfectant used to clean the area then getting face covered by sterile cloth holding in the disinfectant smell. Could - not - breathe! Ugh. Will find out results by next Wednesday.

Sunny today with highs in the low 70's. Could not ask for better weather. DD#1 has a wedding this weekend, DD#2 will be working on their cottage and DH is working both days for 12 hours. A quiet mother's day for me, I guess. I have already gotten my gift - two pretty hanging flower baskets for my outdoor decorations. Now, I just need to get my other flowers planted.

Hope all have a good day and weekend. Happy Mother's Day to all that qualify!

Old May 11th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Went out for a jug a milk and came home with $50.00 worth of flowers.....and forgot the milk! Good thing theres a little store next to the greenhouse that I can run too!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Default (Cough Cough) It's Friday

Good morning. Looks like Mr. Sun is sleeping in.

Not a big day here. Keith is going to the gym and I have some house work to do.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from the little part of Florida where the rain decided to fall. :-) Summer in the tropics.

Saw my kidney doctor this morning, and the recent biopsy was benign so that is something to celebrate. Having a new stent put in every 5-6 months will be a pain, but it sure beats the alternative.

Luanne, I definitely will be holding you up in prayer and good thoughts this weekend.

Mike, I'm glad to hear you have contractors doing the work. Sit back and relax.

Hope Todd is doing better, and that his absence is just a sign that he's heard those smoking lectures all to many times and knows all that info. He's just one of the special guys around here, and we want the best for him.

Phyll
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Fellow Cruisers!!

The rain and hail has finally let up here at my house in south Texas. It hailed so hard I thought I was going to have to replace all the windows in my house! I have just a little old turn of the century country house so I have no garage - thank goodness my car was parked in the back yard under the protection of the trees. I snuck outside just before this last storm and did a little weed eating around my yard. My doc says I'm still not supposed to be lifting but I do not consider weed eating heavy lifting. Besides, my lawn people have not been doing it, so who else is going to do it??!! I can't stand a scruffy looking lawn.

Both my mothers (in law too) got their flowers already and seem quite pleased. Taking my bio Mom and her husband to a nice dinner this Sunday.

Been trying to catch up on household chores. Other than that - yet another docs appt on Monday. Ugh. I just sit in my docs appts and dream about my upcoming cruise and Hawaii trip!!

Hope everyone has a beautiful Mother's Day!!

(((Luanne))), will be saying a prayer for you tonight.

Haimia, hang in there - I know waiting for those results will be torture. You too will be in my prayers. I have been there and it is not fun. I feel for you.

CarnivalTriumph