Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:03 AM
First Mate

Default Saturday Sunshine....

Hello to all my fellow CM-er's,

I can't beleive that at this late hour no one kicked off the morning thread, so I took the liberty of doing so.

Today poimises to be in the upper 70's and maybe low 80's here in the Nutmeg state. Mrs. S and I will be doing some running around for shoes, some clothes, and a quick stop at one of the jewelry stores at West Farms Mall in West Hartford to pick up a charm for her charm bracelet. The store is known for it's robin egg blue bags and trim on certain articles. I will leave it to you to guess which one.

I hope everyone has a good day. Todd, I haven't seen you post in a couple of days, so I hope all is well with you. Please know that there is not a person here that doesn't care for you, and all of the advice on smoking is in reality "tough love." Get better and then work on it.

To all who follow, have a great day, and once again, Happy Mothers day to all mothers.

Be well everyone....

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Sid and all the Cruisemates to come!

Like Sid, we are expecting lovely weather here for the Minnesota Fishing Opener. The Governor is having his "fishing opener" about five miles from my house. I will not be going anywhere near that lake today.

I have an exciting day planned. I'm going to buy another toilet. Will the excitement ever end????? I put one in about a year ago and I hate it. It may flush ten golf balls but otherwise it "inhales". I've had enough so I'll be playing plumber today.

We have one problem. We put a new security system in the house and there is one major problem. It scares the hell out of my son's dog who is our guest for now. I think the problem is that the keypad tone is the same tone that was on her "improperly" used shock collar. Every time the keypad beeps when entering codes or giving the arming signal she runs and if she goes outside she does not want to come back in the house. It is sort of driving me nuts. I'm calling first thing on Monday and asking if there is any way to disable the keypad tones or change it. The manual was no help. The instructions were either wrong or for another keypad because how it instructed you to change the pitch and volume sure didn't work. Oh well, we'll figure it out.

I did just get off the phone with one of my English relatives. They have been planning some big things for us. I'm scared.......... The last time I ended up in the back of a police car. Then again, four of them are policemen/women and I was just getting a ride home from the pub.

Well: I better awaken "Sleeping Beauty" and start "Toilet Adventure 2012".

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Boy what a difference a day makes, yesterday sunny and warm today cloudy and cool! I’m off to take D/S to his yearly Chicago River clean up; I only wish the weather was a little better.

Mike…you have fun with you toilet!

Have a very Happy Mother’s Day weekend ladies!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, slept in late this morning, mostly due to the drugs I'm taking to kill this cold.
Yesterday was miserable and today is not much better. Drugs and rest are the order of the day, probably the whole weekend. Wouldn't you know it, the weather is absolutely gorgeous and I can't go out and enjoy it.

Todd if you're reading this, I'm wishing you better fast. And stop sneaking out for cigarettes!

Have a good weekend all!

donna
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:33 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Greetings from the salon! My hair is setting up for my nice bright blond summer colour! Lol. After this, taking my young men to lunch, then dinner with a friend followed by a movie.

Todd, I really hope you are well! Hope we hear from you today!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny warm Florida.

Jake and I enjoyed a nice breakfast at one of our favorite restaurants in town.

I decided to finish cleaning out the storage closet by our front door while it was still a little cool outside. The lizards were not happy to have their suite disturbed and cleaned, but hopefully they'll get over it. At least there were no snakes in there!

Now it's time to sit back, cool off and catch up around here.

Mike what brand of toilet did you put in that you don't like? I've heard that a lot of people aren't happy with those, but we've really been happy with the ones we put in our condo. Hope you get one you like this time. That sounds like hard work.

Praying for Todd and Lunanne and others around here.

Have a good one everybody.
Phyll
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Sunshine

Saturday sunshine, indeed, and some heat thrown in, as well.

A super late good morning to you. I slept another two hours after Keith left for Riverside. I promised myself some therapeutic shopping today, so I'd better get started on the day.

Judy
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Admiral

It was a beautiful hot and sunny day .We went out early and stayed out most of the day.
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Good evening from a beautiful Virginia Beach. Rob and I got back from our transatlantic cruise, and from spending three glorious days in Barcelona, on Tuesday. Due to the time differential, my body was still on Barcelona time and my sleep cycle was all messed up! The cruise was wonderful; I loved seeing Cadiz, where we took a tour of the city and visited the Tio Pepe Winery, having a typical British meal and saying "hello" to the Barbary Apes in the Rock of Gibraltar, taking a tour of a town on the sea in Canary Islands, visiting a naval museum in Cartegana, taking a bus tour in Palma de Majorca and finally going to Barcelona where we couldn't stop gazing at all the Gaudi architecture, hanging out around La Rambla, and spending most of Sunday at Montserrat. It was back to reality when I went back to work on Wednesday! Of course, being dedicated cruisers that Rob and I are, we booked another transatlantic cruise for next May plus we will stay on the ship for another eleven days to tour the British Isles. Hope that everybody has had a great weekend!