CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Good Sunday, Mother's Day, Morning (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/389339-good-sunday-mothers-day-morning.html)

Mike M May 13th, 2012 06:41 AM

Good Sunday, Mother's Day, Morning

Good morning to all the Cruisemates Mothers and to their sons and daughters.

I awoke too early because of something I haven't had in years. A bad dream. It actually wasn't that bad. It was more like a frustration dream. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm frustrated about.

Yesterday was a fun day. My daughter and SIL came over in the afternoon and we all went out for lunch at our favorite little hole in the wall Chinese restaurant. Then it was off to Costco. Doesn't sound like much but it was a "nice" day. Here are the grandkids, at the restaurant, showing how much they love Grandma. https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...87579939_n.jpg

Betty's Mother's Day present was that she got to keep the grandkids and my daughter's was that they got to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's. They are sleeping upstairs.

Today we will meet up for my daughter's Mother's Day present. She wants to go to the movies. She has just finished her second book and hasn't had a chance to see a movie in many months. So, Mother's Day will be at the Delano Theater watching "The Avengers". :D I'm a little disappointed because I look forward to a good brunch but both she and Betty opted for the movie. Oh well: That saved me over $100. ;)

I hope all the Moms out there have a wonderful Mothers Day and I also hope everyone enjoys a great Sunday.

Take care,
Mike

Cruznut2 May 13th, 2012 06:58 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms here.
It is going to be near 90 here in central Florida but 50% chance of rain. Not sure that I will get to the pool or not. Whatever you all do today have a fantastic day. Don't forget to hug a Mother!

Laura

KDGodwin May 13th, 2012 07:39 AM

Good Morning All, and Happy Mother's Day!!

This is my 5th Mother's Day as a mother, and it has gone so fast! I worked last night, and as of now I am back again tonight, so nothing planned for today. I spend so much time with my kids and they are so good for me, I feel like everyday is Mother's Day! ;) I asked my coworker to switch nights with me though when I started thinking about it, so maybe we can work something out and I can enjoy the day with my MIL and the family...

Either way, I am heading to church this morning after work! Our church just started a series last week on "The Art of Marriage" and I really don't want to miss it. for 8 weekends in a row the'll be discussing Romance, Sex, Conflict Resolution, etc.

I have had a strange several weeks at home after our family camping trip and have been so busy and distracted so I have not been posting much. I have been reading now and then though. I hope everyone is feeling better who has been sick!

I have been battling a little right lower abdominal pain for the past week, and it is not because of normal monthly issues. If the pain doesn't go away for good in the next few days, I may go get it checked out. I spent 2 of my days off in bed because it hurt to stand up, but now I only notice it if I bend funny or push on that area. Kinda strange for me.

My hubby and I are within 4 months now of our cruise, and are getting more and more excited! Everything is set up and all we have to do is shop a little for some cruise clothes, and save a little cash to tak along. I already miss my kids just thinking about it, but it will be a nice break as well.

I hope everyone enjoys their day and again, Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommy's!!

Luanne Russo May 13th, 2012 07:56 AM

Good morning everyone from a very nice Texas. Happy Mother's day to all the moms.

rollerdonna May 13th, 2012 08:22 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all the CM moms, and special thoughts go out to Luanne this morning.

I have absolutely nothing planned today, which is a good thing since I am just starting to recover from this horrible cold that had me in bed the past 2 days. I will continue to rest, and maybe get outside a bit and enjoy some of this unexpected sunshine.

donna

Sid1962 May 13th, 2012 08:49 AM

...and a good Sunday morning from central Coonecticut to those who posted as well as those who will.....

Of, course, Happy Mother's Day to all mothers.

Our daughter and her family will be dropping by 11-ish or so. They live in New Hampshire, and were at her MIL's for the night. We are just having cold cuts, salad and some cupcakes for dessert. Simple and still good. Mrs. S is now the pround owner of a palm tree charm which reminds her of all the great islands we have been so very fortunate to have visited over the years. I think the next one will be a cruise ship....charm that is.

The day promises to be a nice one, with temperatures again in the 70's near 80.

Everyone enjoy......

Lakers Fan May 13th, 2012 09:42 AM

Another hot and sunny day .I hope everyone has a nice mothers day celebration if it is what you do.

Trip May 13th, 2012 10:01 AM

Hi Kids,
Looks like another nice day here,perfect for all the Moms. Yesterday after the graduation, Bruce and I went over to Olive Garden,and omg it was packed,guess the economy is getting better:) They offer you a taste of wine,and boy what I had was delish. Later, I asked it if was made for them, she said yes, but I could buy a bottle.:confused: Never heard of that, but, the bloody bottle was $37.00 !!!! More then on a ship for pretty much the same! Cailtyn celebrated with her Mom's side yesterday,and when she comes back from Bermuda, we will have a big party.

Here today, will be quiet..make a ham, sauted brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes,and this easy garlic italian bunt pan, roll recipe.

Luanne, in the hearts of so many, we will be taking you in, & sending you a xoxo.....

Hug a Mom today, if you are lucky enough...

Kuki May 13th, 2012 10:02 AM

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunshine and temps in the 80s today.

Yesterday I was busy playing golf, so I asked Mrs. Kuki to pick up a Mother's Day card for my mother. And told her, while she was at it, to pick up one for herself.

OK.. not a true story. Wish I had that much chutzpah. :-D:-D

She is off to a 5 kilometer Mother's Day walk for charity with Kuki Jr. this morning. Tonight I'm taking her and my mother out for a lovely dinner at a favorite restaurant.

This means she will be required to cook dinners for the next 3 week to pay for tonight. :wink:

Happy Day to all the Moms out there!

rayb May 13th, 2012 10:13 AM

To all Cruisemates I wish you a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.

To HELEN I wish you a great day in Heaven. All days in Heaven are great.
Thanks for being a MOTHER to all my 6 children.

Aerogirl May 13th, 2012 10:38 AM

Good morning and Happy Mothers Day ladies!

Manuel May 13th, 2012 05:12 PM

Happy Mothers day.

I spent most of the day with my mother.

TM

snorklr45 May 13th, 2012 07:12 PM

A lovely day here in south Texas. A bit hot, but not sizzling yet. I'd say it's mid 80's today.

Spent the day with my mother and step-dad. We tried to have lunch at our favorite hotel eatery, but they were so packed, mom just did not want to wait in that line. Sooo...We ended up at her favorite Chinese Buffet and we all had lunch there - on me of course. It was a nice meal, but I hate that she did not get the steak that she *really* wanted from the first place we went to. Afterward, we went to see my brother and his wife for a short visit (they had a lot of company). We did some shopping together and then home. All in all a very nice day with mom.

Luanne, I'm keeping you in my prayers today...

I've had a long day so I'm going to rest up as I need to go to bed early for a docs appt in the early am.

Hope you all enjoyed Mother's Day!!!

CruisinK n J May 13th, 2012 07:38 PM

Good Sunday Mother's Day Morning

Good evening! Happy Mother's Day. We spent a VERY quiet Sunday. We figured that all the restaurants would be jammed, so Keith treated us to Huevos Rancheros. Yummy!

Weather is absolutely perfect for anything people want to do, and I guess they all went out and did something. Soooo quiet in the neighborhood: not a car, not an airplane, not a dog barking, not a phone ringing.

We both look forward to our Sunday evening t.v. shows. Have a happy day, all.

Judy