Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default It's FRIDAY!!

Morning Mates, I can't believe it's Friday already, this week has flown by, what with work being such a pleasure. Today I will have 3 kids, and the weather is nice so we will be outside enjoying it!

This morning it's aquafitness, then to the Community Centre to help "spring clean", as they are hosting a fundraising pancake breakfast on Sunday. I will be baking for the bake table also because I can't help out with the breakfast - I'm already booked to volunteer at the ship this weekend. The Ship and the Quay open to the public on Saturday and I am really looking forward to that!

Everybody have a great Friday and ease on into the weekend....it's a long weekend for us, whoo hoo!

donna
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

We are back in Sunny Florida. We came back from our Connecticut visit yesterday.

We are getting together with some friends this evening and will be in Daytona beach tomorrow and we have a picnic to attend on Sunday.

We are retired but are certainly not bored.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's going to be a busy day here. This afternoon we have Betty's "official" retirement party at her work. You know the type. You go stand around, chit chat, eat cold cuts and mass produced potato salad, the company Vice President says nice things about her, and people reminisce about "The good old days." I'm just hoping she gets the 47" TV and we find out how much the retirement bonus is. I'm so mercenary. The fun and "un-official" retirement party isn't until June 15th. That is going to be a good time.

Then this evening is my nephew's graduation from law school. He and I have always been close and we're proud of him. He received a full President's scholarship to law school and graduates near the top of his class. He already has a job set up and starts in late August. He just has to pass the bar exam. I think he can do that.

The rest of the weekend will be getting the boat prepped and doing a little boating and fishing. It looks like it will be a good weekend for it.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:34 AM
First Mate

It's a pleasant sunny day here in south Texas. Just a few things to do today. Returning an electronic device to my cell phone carrier that turned out to be a lemon. Laundry of course and not sure what else yet.

I put my little weenie dog on a diet and she is moping. Ha! She got fat from when we stayed with grandma and grandpa during my surgery recovery. Grandpa got carried away feeding her too many "treats." She was waddling by the time we left to come home. She's not a duck!!

I did something I shouldn't have and feel like something broke off inside and I have a pocket of fluid build up in my left side. Will call doc next week. It is probably from the 75lb excited pit bull that pounced on me about a week ago.

We had someone in our Hawaii group cancel..But immediately afterward, someone else jumped on our bandwagon and took her place. So, we still have 6 people. I'm thinking there will be more..They will have to book another room as we are out of space.

I really would like to go deep sea fishing while in Hawaii. Does anyone have any tips for catching Wahoo fish in Hawaii??

That's it for today kids. Hope everyone has a terrific weekend! Blessings for all who follow..

CarnivalTriumph
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:51 AM
First Mate

Sunny mid'70's in NW Ohio for today and a warm up for the next several days. Yes, it is summer

RD - enjoy your 3 students today and your volunteering weekend.

Manuel - retirement is busier than actually working?

Mike - congrats on Betty's retirement and on nephew's graduation

snorklr45 - please be careful and watch the fluid build up and I am wishing I could go to Hawaii with you!

Have a good day to all!
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning and happy NATO weekend.
Off to the dealership yet again for them to fix the seat that they broke when they were replacing the broken seat motor. I do think I’ll hit them up for a free oil change for all my aggravation of driving back and forth, I’m glad I bought a Hyundai!

Yes, we are expecting a crazy weekend around these parts with the NATO summit in town and poor D/H who’s just weeks away from retirement get's to be part of the fun.

So I have this little finger problem that I never heard of “trigger finger” when I bend my middle finger it won’t come back up I need to gently pull it back up. The doctor said it’s the tendon in the hand and not the finger itself. I need to splint it for a few weeks and see if that resolves the problem.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
First Mate

Haimia,

I went back to check posts to find out about your test results. Thank the Lord!! Prayers WERE answered!! *sigh of relief* Now you can at least take a deep breath and look forward to your future..

CarnivalTriumph
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. I did some errands yesterday. My lovely daughter had graduation practice. The real thing is on Sunday. Today is a trip to Little Rock to meet a new dentist to see about oral surgery. Ugh.

Donna, you make me tired some days just reading what you're doing! I was wondering when the ship was going to open, so enjoy!

Have a wonderful day all.
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

Good morning! A thick marine layer came in over night, so it's really overcast. Made me sleep late.

I hope everybody has a nice day.

Judy
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorklr45 View Post
Haimia,

I went back to check posts to find out about your test results. Thank the Lord!! Prayers WERE answered!! *sigh of relief* Now you can at least take a deep breath and look forward to your future..

Yes, it was a relief. Still need surgery, but nothing ugly hiding out in there!
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A late start here, but, bright and gorgeous day here. I took Lucy to the wallpaper store to place an order. OMG there are some fabulous and pricey papers out there! I only wanted texture, and, no match this time,and, I want to get it up by the time Bruce goes into the hospital.

Aero, I too have tendontitis in my hand,and I am in a 3 band velcro splint....so noisy, putting on and off. I hope it works...this was my souvenir from St Thomas

Going to be a fabulous weekend here, around 80! Hope yours is the same......make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Hey there sportsfans!

Bottom fell out of my BP but I learned how to solve the problem. Just hit a Chinese Buffet! Works every time. 'Course it plays hell with a low sodium diet but that's prefferable to passing out at the wheel.

Congrats Mike on your wife's retirement and your nephew's graduation. Now you can say whatever the hell you want and get free legal representation when they sue you. Can't beat that with a stick.

Aerogirl, as for that quirk in the trigger finger. When I used to teach Interpersonal Communication I ended up with stating in effect that what is ailing you being all I ever needed to solve a serious IPC problem. Congrats on your hubbies retirement. As a result of his profession, that's one party you definitely DO NOT want to attend! Have you ever seen a gin mill wherein a cop is celebrating his retirement? You automatically immediately put two Franklins up on the bar to cover breakage fees! Boys will be boys, regardless of age and when you hang up your Sam Browne for the last time......well, Ken ("Sky") will back me up on that.

Trip, I swear you're falling apart! Oh, and I absolutely LOVE my little notepad.....I don't have to sign everything (since nobody can read my signature anyway).

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Admiral

A beautiful sunny day here today.