Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning!

Morning Mates, I'm up and at 'em early today as it is Opening Day at the Ship Hector. Looking forward to working with the other volunteers and meeting the tourists, and believe it or not, there are already tourists in town!
One of the reasons for the tourists is that our region is just so beautiful. This past week, while driving a rural route to the different school, I enjoyed the views along the way.
This is just one of many...

It looks like it's going to be a nice weather weekend, we might even make it up to 20C or 68F. Certainly pleasant enough to enjoy being out on the ship!

donna
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:49 AM
First Mate

Good Morning RD and all to follow....

It promises to be an absolutely wonderful day weather wise hear in the Nutmeg state.

Today yours truly will be the chauffer for Mrs. S and our daughter as they shop for dresses for our nieces wedding, which, while in October, apparently there is a need to shop for now. But knowing my place in the order of things, I hear and obey.....

...the Kindle is charging now so when at the mall(s) I will find a quiet corner someplace and lose myself in the adventures of Jack Ryan, John Clark and the rest of the crew in the Tom Clancy novel I am reading...

The adventure will conclude with dinner at The First and Last Tavern where they have the most delicious Chicken Marengo......

Enjoy folks.....

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Gorgeous photo Donna. Nova Scotia is beautiful. Makes me just a little homesick for New England. That photo could easily be Maine.
Sitting here watching the news. They are doing a story on norovirus. Blaming it on the ship as usual. One claim they made was that more than half of the affected ships departed from Florida ports...........Duuuuuuh......More than half of all cruise ships depart from Florida ports! I get tired of this one sided reporting.
Pool day for me today. I will be going over early today. I want to be done and out before noon. Before it gets busy over there. So now it is time for me to shower and make myself beautiful to face the day.......ya never know what could be over by the pool!! Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 19th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates.

I have to agree Laura on both issues.

I too am a former New Englander, and I love that picture.

Also those articles about the norovirus are slanted against the cruise industry.
Norovirus cases occur mostly on land and occasionly they are brought on ships by sick passengers.

Have a nice weekrnd folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good Saturday morning to all.

Donna: A pretty scene to start your Saturday and ours. Thanks

Yesterday was a fun day. We had Betty's retirement get together at her work. She and my old boss are retiring and it was a nice time. My old boss had been with the company for 38 years and Betty 27.

One of the gifts that Betty received was quite appropriate.

Her own Crystal Cruise Ship. Gee: Does that mean we have to try a Crystal cruise?

Last night was my nephew's graduation from law school and then dinner at a local restaurant. Betty was able to get off early and join us at the restaurant so that was an added bonus and it also let my niece off the hook and she didn't have to haul Uncle Mikey's butt home.

Today is a blank agenda day so I think I'll try to do something fun.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning
It’s going to be a hot one today with temps very close to 90 f.
Not much going on today just the every so dependable stack of laundry I have waiting on me although D/S will be doing his own starting today. He’s done it here and there in the past but with the end of the school year almost here time to put him to work.

Donna… what a cool picture I felt like I was sitting there in the harbor, In fact wish I was!
Mike...... please tell Betty congrats on her retirement.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Captain

It's been a busy week and today is no exception. My niece is getting married and both my grandaughters are in the wedding. Just hope the younger one will do what she is suppose to, she has already said she wasn't walking with that boy! I'll remind her of this comment when she is a teenager and wanting to walk with boys!
Weather here is to be in the low 80's with NO rain. We've been keeping tabs on the weather all week hoping today would be good and it looks like the big man upstairs is making it work for the wedding.

Hope that everyone has a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. Like Mike, my day is a blank slate. After the busy and frustrating day I had yesterday I'm glad there is nothing on the agenda. I need to do some houswork but want to read, so I guess I need to try to do a mix.

Mike, congrats to Betty and your nephew.

Sue, I hope the wedding goes all right.

Donna, I love the pic. I wish I was there.

Sid, I'm pretty sure my kindle will see some action today, too.

Laura, enjoy that pool.

Aero, did you get your seat fixed?

Have a great day all!
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Moiraine.....
Yes I did. It turned out to be just a clip that broke so I was in and out of the dealer in no time. Thanks!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

Good morning! Gonna be a hot one here in SoCal.

My day is bleak: housework, housework, housework. Ugh! I'd like to chuck it all for some mall activity.

My SIL promised a BBQ tomorrow for DH's birthday that's coming up mid-week. He still hasn't called. Aren't you supposed to invite people a couple of weeks early, or am I just being crotchety?

My Kindle's gonna get some use today, as well, no matter what.

Judy
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert where it will only get to 96 today. Yesterday was only 97, but it has been 105 or over for the last week or so, and it's supposed to be back up to 106 by Monday, so we'll enjoy this respite while it's here.

You may have heard on the national news that Arizona is burning. We have 4 major wild fires burning in the state right now. It's way too early in the season for this.

We witnessed the Gladiator, or Crown King, fire in its infancy Sunday afternoon as we came home from visiting my mother in Flagstaff. As you top out over the Mogollon Rim about 30 miles south of Flag, you can see out over the Verde Valley for miles and miles. At that point, we could see the smoke coming from beyond the mesa on the other side of the valley, and we weren't even sure yet if it was a cloud or if it was smoke. The fire wasn't burning earlier in the day when we went north, and it turns out that it was only a couple of hours old when we spotted it on our way home. Now, nearly a week later, it has consumed more than 10,000 acres.

A second fire, the Sunflower fire, burning northeast of the metro Phoenix area between here and Payson, is filling the east valley where I live with smoke. We're having air quality warnings on a daily basis. Highway 87 between here and Payson is under constant threat of closure due to the heavy smoke affecting visibility. The entire state has severe fire restrictions for those wanting to camp over Memorial Day weekend.

Since I work Monday through Friday my Saturday will be spent, as usual, running errands and doing laundry.

Have a great Saturday, Cruise Mates!
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Admiral

I am taking advantage of the beautiful days to be outdoors.
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:10 AM
First Mate

DezertCruzer - I am in AZ as well, and not far from Crown King here in Surprise. When I left for work this evening I thought we were having a dust storm the smoke was so bad! The sky is just filled with smoke all around us.

It really is so sad to see our beautiful desert burned! We camp regularly and it will not be the same without a good camp fire this summer. It is unfortunate that people aren't careful and that these things ruins it for everyone else.

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999