CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Cruise Activities (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/389753-cruise-activities.html)

Lakers Fan June 4th, 2012 10:49 AM

Cruise Activities

What type of activities would you like to see be universal on cruise ships ?

I would like :

1) Walking /jogging tracks

2) Lectures on places to possibly cruise to in the future .

rollerdonna June 4th, 2012 11:59 AM

Trivia!

donna

Trackypup June 4th, 2012 12:20 PM

Cooking classes, not just demos. Loved Hal's set up

buttons16 June 4th, 2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1431253)
Trivia!

donna

Don't they have enough of that on most cruise lines along with trivia contests.

I would love to have a lecture on history or astronomy... a great Idea IMHO would be to bring in an expert on the area I love...The Civil War...

I know on Crystal they have lectures, just not sure on what area...But I do love guest speakers.

Lakers Fan June 4th, 2012 04:32 PM

The Civil War

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons16 (Post 1431261)
Don't they have enough of that on most cruise lines along with trivia contests.

I would love to have a lecture on history or astronomy... a great Idea IMHO would be to bring in an expert on the area I love...The Civil War...

I know on Crystal they have lectures, just not sure on what area...But I do love guest speakers.

At one time I read nearly every book I could obtain about the Civil War . The two people I've met who know the most about the Civil War are Todd who posts on CM and retired baseball player Keith Hernandez .
I've been to hundreds of Civil War battle reanactments .

CruisinK n J June 4th, 2012 04:47 PM

Crjuise Activities

I like lectures, too. The best lecturer was John Maxtone-Graham on the old Queen Elizabeth.

Judy

buttons16 June 4th, 2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1431316)
At one time I read nearly every book I could obtain about the Civil War . The two people I've met who know the most about the Civil War are Todd who posts on CM and retired baseball player Keith Hernandez .
I've been to hundreds of Civil War battle reanactments .

I have read approx 70 books on the Civil War...Everything from "The Life of Billy Yank the common soldier of the Union Army" "The life of Johnny Reb" everyday life in the confederate camp And Shelby Foote 3 volume set..

I have read 5 books on the battle of Gettysburg...a few on Antietam...Fredricksburg.....Andersonville....Bull Run....and just about every battle of the civil war...I read many books on Civil War Medicine....and everyday life in the Union And Confederate camp. I know just about everything that needs to be known about that horrible war that killed and injured more American people then all the other wars the USA has been in put together.

The agony and horrendous conditons these solders for both sides had to put up with were appalling. The pain and suffering unthinkable...It was at the same time a very depressing part of history and yet a very valuable piece of history that every person should get familiar with...unfortunately many people dont care or have any interest in this subject and that in itself is so very sad.

CostaSmurf June 4th, 2012 06:03 PM

I'm not one for activities...except sitting in a quiet, semi-shady spot on deck, with a cold drink and a book...or just sat watching the world floating by...that to me is bliss :)

Aerogirl June 4th, 2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CostaSmurf (Post 1431344)
I'm not one for activities...except sitting in a quiet, semi-shady spot on deck, with a cold drink and a book...or just sat watching the world floating by...that to me is bliss :)

I with you on this one!!;)

Trip June 4th, 2012 07:24 PM

CostaSmurf..I love your screen name,and I like your style....:D

Manuel June 4th, 2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CostaSmurf (Post 1431344)

That sounds good to me as well.

TM