Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Default Souveneirs of your cruise

What are your favorites ? Mine are the 12X15 menus from the Cunard Ambassador . Passengers were urged to keep them .
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

A large, framed painting of the Norway, won in a week-long baseball trivia cruise, with Dave Parker as my partner!

When I first approached him to ask if I could be his trivia partner, he said,
"Do you know anything about baseball?" I'm a tall, Belgian, female blonde from Detroit and he doubted me! We played against Minnie Minoso and a partner and Maury Wills and a partner. I was the only woman in the finals and we WON!

I treasure the painting.
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I enjoy the usual items, t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc. I don't always purchase things on a cruise, just once in awhile....I got tired of having a lot of useless stuff that I ended up throwing away eventually...

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 5th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

My home is loaded with those things. The most beautiful one are from the Queen Eliz II. They are clocks . I keep most of them but book marks etc are gone. Most we won doing trivia.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old June 5th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I have few "cruise souvenirs". The souvenirs we pick up are mostly from the places we've been. I like jade and pottery. My wife loves to "haggle" and buy jewelery. She hates the "Diamonds International" places but loves the markets of Asia and Mexico.

I have sold many things at garage sales that we have received on cruise ships from trivia prizes, DOD glasses, hats, tote bags and I have even done the unthinkable and sold four Ships on a Stick for .25.

We cleaned up at trivia on our June '11 and March '12 Liberty cruises and had an assortment of medals, Ships on a Stick and a Carnival gift bag. My granddaughter has confiscated most of that stuff and has it in her room. She was the one who knew that the anatomical name for the cheekbone was "zygomatic arch".

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I must say, I love my jade bear I picked up in Alaska, along with a crystal totem pole...Those kind of memories I love to have around to remind me of a wonderful trip.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Admiral

I drank all mine :-D
I do have a Carnival Fantasy ship mug I drink my tea from.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Captain

Smile

On the one and only cruise we have been on so far. The one thing we like the most is a photo album with a picture of the Sapphire Princess on the cover.We filled it up with pictures from the ship and Hawaii. We like to sit around and look through it( Man that sure was a fun cruise)We also bought some t shirts and a couple coffe mugs.Thats about all we bought wife is pretty tight with the cash.
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

My favorite souvenir is a Carnival Glory baseball cap. It is really not even my souvenir. It was Patty's souvenir from the CM cruise we went on. Somehow when she moved the hat got left behind. It sits on my desk. I treasure it as I do my time with her.
Mike! You should be tarred and feathered! Selling "Ship on a stick" for a quarter......They are priceless treasures.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 6th, 2012, 06:16 AM
First Mate

I take my seapass card, attach a small magnet to it, and place it on the refridgerator. If we have never sailed a particular ship before, we purchase a magnet that looks like the ship, and that goes next to the seapass card for that trip as well. Finally, if the itinerary includes a port we have never been to, we buy a magnet, and that goes there as well. We are fortunate enough to have several of these groupings

I am at a loss as to what to do with all of the various magnets should we ever but a stainless fridge.....

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I collected stuffed bears, and Joe won tons of ships on a stick, but it all got to be to much, so I gave each of his friends a ship, and donated the bears to our local Fire dept. to give to kids who have to be transported to the hospital.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link