CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Good Friday Morning (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/389836-good-friday-morning.html)

Mike M June 8th, 2012 09:33 AM

Good Friday Morning

Good morning everyone:

I guess Donna's out getting shot and Todd is enjoying watching the house cleaning ladies do their job.

Me: I'm waiting for my birthday girl to get out of the shower. It's Betty's birthday today but I have a doctor's appointment at the U of M. It's just a regular neurology visit and should take about ten minutes once we actually see the doctor. "Anything change? Not really. I need my scripts renewed. OK." That is what I think will be the extent of the visit. That and $340. :D We may go over a little of the interesting things I've discovered since finding out I had Celiac's.

After that we'll stop and have a Birthday lunch. Betty is one week away from retirement and is really counting down the days.

Well: I hear my birthday girl is out of the shower so I better get moving.

Have a good Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

rollerdonna June 8th, 2012 10:17 AM

Yup, been out getting "shot", back again then out to aquafitness, back again, now going for a walk with my neighbour. Exercise does not take a day off just because it's your birthday!

I really wish I could've gotten 2 shots of cortisone today, but to do my foot requires a visit to the orthopedic surgeon first...meanwhile I will continue to limp. :rolleyes:

Off to work this afternoon, and FINALLY the sun is shining and we can go out to play! Hooray!

Then my hubby and some friends are treating me to a nice dinner out tonight, can't wait!

donna

Manuel June 8th, 2012 10:48 AM

Good morning Mates

Happy Birthday Donna. and a happy birthday to Betty as well.

I hope that you both have a wonderful day.

TM

CruisinK n J June 8th, 2012 11:52 AM

Good Friday Morning

Good morning.

Happy birthday, Donna and Betty.

Apparently, a couple of our local pilots flew into the president's air space yesterday. One of them said that they failed to read the posted notices. "If it's a nice day, they just jump in their planes and go. But it's not such a nice day with an F-16 after you!" :DLOL

I will get a much needed haircut this afternoon and then sit in the Friday traffic.

Have a good day, people.

Judy

Lakers Fan June 8th, 2012 01:38 PM

My day began quite early .We went to a local park to see my grand daughter and her school mates participate in Field Day .

ToddDH June 8th, 2012 02:53 PM

Happy Bierthday Betty and again to you Donna as well!

No girls to watch today, Mike. They came earlier in the week and did their usual fantastic job.

Lawn Tractor has to go into the shop and as I might have pointed out on another thread (but then, you'uns know my brain's gone anyway) I ran across a professional cutting another yard with one of those super dooper expensive commercial machines (I forget the brand name) and he said he'd do my acre for $35. He does excellent work too and he'll cut it in a third of the time it takes for me to cut mine. It will be at least three weeks at this time of year before I get mine back.

Went with a friend to Johnson City to an Indian restaurant. I think, but I'm not totally sure if I've been to one previously but even if so, it was a new experience for me. The only thing I asked what that the items not be pepper hot as a lot of Indian food is. Have no idea what I had but whatever it was, was delicious. I'll be going back, that's for sure. Oh and it was very inexpensive and you left stuffed!

I was going to the hog trough (what I call Ryan's buffet) today but didn't feel that well so made myself some French Toast.

Had a call from the local Sleep Study Center and gosh that took some gall when I refused the appointment after their saying they had no record of me over the last ten years of ever having a sleep apnea test (they eventually found it and it was conducted Jun 10, 2010). I came right out and told the woman I would never return to not only that center but to any medical group or hospital that used it for any kind of sleep treatment (I now have horrific sleep apnea and have to take up to four naps a day!). I still have to undergo a pressure test sometime later this month. Jeff told me it's imperative I treat the problem if only because when I stop breathing during periods of sleep, my blood pressure skyrockets and is continuing to do even more damage to my heart. this time I let him set everything up!

As it is, I now absolutely have to have a shopping cart to lean on when I go to the store. I have to admit, day to day basic activities are really starting to get to me but when one thinks of the alternatives, well...........

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Sunday, I'll be watching the boys run a Pocono and my dearest niece DeAnna will probably come up and pay me a visit on Monday so I have something to which to look forward.

Prayers and Blessings continue as always.

Mike M June 8th, 2012 03:16 PM

Todd:

Get the apnea treated now. Do you use a CPAP and are still having problems? If you are then it needs to be calibrated or turned up, or even down.

I hope you get it taken care of ASAP and I wouldn't cut your nose off to spite your face because of a clerical error at the sleep study center. If there is another than go to that one.

Take care,
MIke

Cruznut2 June 8th, 2012 04:20 PM

Todd, Take it from someone who has sleep apnea. Get in there and take that test. Sleep apnea is very serious as it contributes to heart disease and strokes. I had it for a long time before I was diagnosed. I stopped breathing 80 plus times an our. I was falling asleep everywhere. I awoke every morning feeling like I had a king size hangover. I was in a fog and was confused. Finally I had a sleep study and was diagnosed. I now use my c-pap and it is the best thing that ever happened to me. I feel 100% better. The "hangover" had disappeared. I still do not sleep as long as I would like but the quality of my sleep is so much better. No more waking up and gasping for air. Getting used to the mask was difficult at first. It took some determination but I did it. There is a wonderful forum that I belong to full of great people who are willing to reach out and help everyone who needs it. They were there for me and helped me get over the rough spots. If you want the link let me know. I cannot post it here. I cannot stress enough how serious this illness is. Please, get the study done. I care and I know everyone else here does too.

Laura