CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Your Screen name II (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/389898-your-screen-name-ii.html)

Lakers Fan June 12th, 2012 12:49 AM

Your Screen name II

What is the derivation of your screen name ?

Trackypup June 12th, 2012 01:11 AM

Mine is a silly nickname my husband used when we were first dating. It's a combination of my name and my age when we met.

Pootersdad June 12th, 2012 06:42 AM

Screen Name

We had a cocker spaniel named Tyler. He also answered to Poot, and Pooter. Since he was our third child, I was naturally Pootersdad.;)

rollerdonna June 12th, 2012 07:05 AM

My screen name is self explanatory:

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/...s/273/2231.jpg

My passion, before I discovered cruising, was rollerskating!

donna

Lakers Fan June 12th, 2012 10:45 AM

I come from a long line of Henry's . Unfortunately I have no male heirs to carry on ,however ,I am hoping that eventually there will be a Henry44 .:)

MercedMike June 12th, 2012 12:17 PM

Screen name

I have had a number of people assume that MercedMike drives a Mercedes!!

If only it were so.

My very unimaginative name is simply the Central California town I live in.

There was one board where I used CruznPhulMike. Pehaps more descriptive?

Donna we have a girls roller derby team here. Ever done that? You don't look mean enough...

actingnurse June 12th, 2012 01:04 PM

I'm an actor.. I'm a nurse.. lol sheer genius right?

Cruznut2 June 12th, 2012 01:06 PM

Mine is Cruznut for my love of cruising. Cruznut2 here because just Cruznut was already taken. I had it on my license plate in NH and also here in Florida.

Laura

Haimia June 12th, 2012 01:20 PM

Mine is a combination of parts of two of our dogs' names. Hailey and Mia. Both are dogs belonging to my daughters. My dog's name is no part of my screen name as she was not in our household when I signed up. May need to rethink that and add it!!!

snorklr45 June 12th, 2012 02:29 PM

Mine is just for my love of snorkeling (obviously) and my old age. ha ha I want to snorkel as many spots as I can before I'm too old to do it! I just came up with the name off the cuff. No real thought.

Aerogirl June 12th, 2012 03:04 PM

Didn't we do this already Henry??? I know we did!

Big Aerosmith fan for over 35 years ...never miss a show in my area.

Lakers Fan June 12th, 2012 03:13 PM

Steven Talarico

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1432710)

Yes ,we did do this but it was about 2 years ago and there are so many new people here now .

My youngest daughter is the biggest Aerosmith fan on the planet ,in her opinion .

Trackypup June 12th, 2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorklr45 (Post 1432700)
Mine is just for my love of snorkeling (obviously) and my old age. ha ha I want to snorkel as many spots as I can before I'm too old to do it! I just came up with the name off the cuff. No real thought.

Hey, I resemble that old age ;)

Trackypup June 12th, 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1432710)

I ran into Steven Tyler last year in the mall, man he's short!

Lakers Fan June 12th, 2012 04:07 PM

Steven Tyler

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1432718)

What do you call short ? He is 5'10 .

Trackypup June 12th, 2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1432722)
What do you call short ? He is 5'10 .

He sure didn't look 5'10.

buttons16 June 12th, 2012 05:32 PM

She was born on oct 16th 1992 ...16 was special number...I got her on Nov 16th...I also purchased my business on the 16th...as she come close to her 16th birthday I prayed every day to the lord to let me have her 16th birthday with me, I also told the lord if you want her after her 16th birthday I will accept that....for 6 months I prayed...he granted my wish...and she lived till oct 20th 2008...she passed two days after her 16 birthday...I loved her with all my heart...and I miss her every single day.... she was my mini Snauzer....Her name was "Buttons"

kandajones June 12th, 2012 05:52 PM

Quite boring here kanda = Katrina and Alan.

Errrrr Katrina & Alan.

ToddDH June 12th, 2012 06:44 PM

Hmmmmm........wonder where I got mine?

Lakers Fan June 12th, 2012 07:24 PM

Just a guess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1432744)
Hmmmmm........wonder where I got mine?

A fan of the actor Richard Todd ?

Aerogirl June 12th, 2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1432718)

I’ve meet him several times and he's pretty much my height, I'm a hair under 5'10 and very skinny.
Now Joe Perry is on the shorter side maybe 5’8 but looks mighty fine in person!!

Lakers Fan June 12th, 2012 08:22 PM

Anthony Pereia aka Joe Perry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1432755)
Iíve meet him several times and he's pretty much my height, I'm a hair under 5'10 and very skinny.
Now Joe Perry is on the shorter side maybe 5í8 but looks mighty fine in person!!

Joe is 5'9

KellyKayden June 12th, 2012 08:57 PM

What a fun post sir Henry, here is where I get to show my maturity level...lol

My first name is Kelly, now "Kayden" is a nickname I got years ago...

In High School and college, I worked at a local movie Theater. This was 1995 - 1998 and the popular arcade game at the time was "Mortal Kombat". When I was theater manager, we used to unlock the video game after hours, have 'screening parties', and play tournaments....winner basically just got bragging rights. My wonderful friend John (who I am still friends with) referred to me as "Kayden" since my favorite character was "Rayden" (or 'Raiden' on some games...I prefer the "Y") and I was unstoppable playing with that character. I was only called that when we were playing,not at all times, but it was a name I have always liked and it's a name that just stuck with me. During "non playing times" I was referred to as "Olah" (pronounced like 'hello' in spanish) as that was my maiden name. Even today, that is what most people call me.

The funny thing that gets pointed out to me quite ofter, is that "Kayden" (orCaden, Kaden, etc) is actually a crazy popular name now! However, whenever I meet someone with that name, they are under the age of 10. Even one of my old friends named her son that because she liked it so much!! I like to have delusions of grandeur that I may have had something to do with the booming popularity of the name! LOL. About once a month or more, I will randomly get a text from anold friend that they have heard the name again.

My twitter handle is also @KellyKayden

Trackypup June 12th, 2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1432755)
Iíve meet him several times and he's pretty much my height, I'm a hair under 5'10 and very skinny.
Now Joe Perry is on the shorter side maybe 5í8 but looks mighty fine in person!!

Joe Perry hmmmm nummmm nummmm ;)

Lakers Fan June 12th, 2012 09:15 PM

Aerosmith

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1432765)

Joey Kramer is 5'6

Perhaps that is whom you are thinking of ?

Aerogirl June 12th, 2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1432765)

Oh yes he is ;) I've had a good dream or two about him!!

When I said very skinny I was talking about Steven Tyler.LOL

CruisinK n J June 12th, 2012 10:20 PM

Youjr Screen Name II

Our screen name is a combo of first initials. We're long-time posters on CM. I don't know if we'll ever cruise again, though.:(

Our screen pic is very nautical. The birds followed our ship out to see on the Cruise of the Century.

Judy

KDGodwin June 13th, 2012 04:47 AM

I swear I replied to this yesterday, but I don't see it now. Maybe I shouldn't reply again in case it was deleted..... :(

MercedMike June 13th, 2012 01:22 PM

That Todd?

Quote:

ToddDH Hmmmmm........wonder where I got mine?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1432747)
A fan of the actor Richard Todd ?

I thought it meant that Sweeny Todd was his hero ... ?;)

Lakers Fan June 13th, 2012 02:51 PM

Merced

Quote:

Originally Posted by MercedMike (Post 1432856)
I thought it meant that Sweeny Todd was his hero ... ?;)

That was my second thought .By the way when I first saw your screen name my initial thought was Merced ,CA .