Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning - Semi Review of Explorer of the Seas

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I'm still in the hospital and have developed VT (or Ventricular Tachydardia) but to no big degree but despite enough IV Lasix to float the USS Missouri, I've only lost a few pounds and can't figure that out. Ah well, I'm not ready for that hooded type with the big Scythe to take my butt just yet so will hang in there.

Adelaide (my niece in New York) just returned from her 5th 9 day cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. What commenced as a world class experience in '06 has degenerated to something approximating the Staten Island Ferry. The food was absolutely horrific (and Adelaide certainly isn't picky), the shows haven't changed in six years not to mention they've cut them back to 45 minutes; at the Captain's question and answer series near the end it was nothing but excuses. Well, so much for the Explorer, she's written her off as have her tablemates.

Guess they'd do best to send her to the Orient! She said it's all about the money, PERIOD, and while they only spent about 3 hours in San Juan where there are sites to see, etc., they spent the whole day in Labadee being overun by grossly overpriced carnival crap and hounded by locals trything their best to make you feel guilty enough to "buy" something of absolutely no value (of which of course, RCL get's it's take).

I thought they'd taken steps to address all those situations years ago. Obviously they didn't.

Well, Jeff's gonna try and keep me alive a while longer and hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by ToddDH; June 17th, 2012 at 04:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Morning Todd, glad to hear you are still with us! You just keep getting better and tell that hodded guy with the scythe to take a hike!

I am having a whirlwind weekend, playing host and tourist with my houseguest. We spent hours in the Farmer's Market yesterday, toured the Ship Hector, had a great lunch out, and a fabulous Ladies Night Out show at the pub.
Pictou will never be the same after Wendy's rollicking comedy!

Today we are off to a benefit breakfast, a further tour of the area, a Music Jam this afternoon, and who knows what else? At least the weather is co-operating, not hot, but sunny at least!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

donna
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Can I go back to bed???? I am worn out after yesterday. I haven't done any "real" heavy labor in over six months and I paid for it yesterday. We got my son moved into his new place. It's pretty dang nice. Only he and Betty had actually seen it from the inside and I was quite impressed when we walked in. I wish I had a walk-in closet that size. The only draw back is that there is no dishwasher. We're thinking we'll get him one for a house warming present.

The only thing that was a problem was going down the four stairs to his place. The other entrance has the handicap ramp but the side with the stairs was closer to his door. I found out that I still have the most upper-body strength so my SIL and I were the ones that moved dressers, beds, computer desk and dining room table. I had to call it quits after the last of the big stuff was moved and my grandson and I went home. Betty stayed until 10:00 last night helping him arrange and decorate. Betty came home at 10:30 p.m. to see me sound asleep and my grandson laying next to me watching cartoons. Now that's good grandfathering. Betty will go back today to finish up.

Todd: I hope they get you drained and the VT subsides. I'm sorry to hear about the Voyager OTS. I sailed her once and while it was a very fun cruise it turned me off of the "mega-ship" concept and I've been reluctant to try another. I've thought long and hard about it and it really boils down to the cabin, actually the aft balcony, that I had. It was so enclosed in steel that every time I went out there I thought I was cruising in a pole barn. That one thing made everything else about the ship less enjoyable. I have learned that, for me, cabin selection and layout is very important.

I hope everyone has a great Father's Day. Mine will be taking care of my grandson and, later this afternoon, my granddaughter. My SIL has A LOT of stuff to get done before they leave on their trip next week and he really needs to get it done so Grandpa watching the kids is a good Father's Day present. My daughter is also working to prepare for the trip and getting a lot of stuff ready for her next lecture. She just had her second book published and if "pre-sales" are any indication of how well the overall sales will be I think she'll be sending us on our next cruise.

Have a great day,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Default Todd

todd:

please get well soon
Old June 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. Woke up with a headache that I just can't shake.

Todd, fight, fight, fight.

Mike, I hope you and the grandkids enjoy a lazy afternoon.

Have a wonderful day all.
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
First Mate

Todd, I'll be praying for you tonight.

Mike, oh you enjoy those little ones!! Wish I had some Grandkids!

Donna, you're a party animal!!

Moiraine, hope the headache subsided. Those can really ruin a day.

Hope everyone is enjoying father's day!!

CarnivalTriumph