Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, 1st Day of Summer!

Morning Mates, it's the 1st day of summer, where's the sun???
It is dull and cloudy with thunderstorms in the forecast, not good for playing outside at work.
We were lucky to have 2 nice days to do so..

Yesterday I really enjoyed our lunch out at a local seaside resort with all the ladies from aquafitness. Such a beautiful view, the same place I took my houseguest to on the weekend.

I am off to the Ship Hector this morning to help with a tour of grade ones. Then it's work, and tonight it's Trivia. Busy busy busy!

Todd, you keep getting better!

donna
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's going to be a hot one today and more rain and thunder are in the forecast. My sump pump is kicking in about every ten minutes. I'm glad I have an alarm on it so the security system can text my house sitter if it goes out while we're gone. If that sucker fails and we would have a flooded basement within a couple of hours.

It was a somewhat productive day yesterday. Betty has been a bit frantic because of the one bag and 20 kilos rule that has been imposed for the upcoming trip. Normally packing isn't a big deal but with the cruise first and then gallivanting around Europe it's a bit different. Between the planes, trains and automobiles we'll be using the luggage requirements are different and and the clothing for each segment is a bit different. So have we packed mostly what we could use for both and be comfortable. She made the "test pack" and she fulfilled the requirements.

I did fine until late afternoon when my brain took a vacation while I was frying fish. Not a good time but Betty was able to finish them until I was able to take over. The medication I take to "stop the flop" makes me VERY hungry so I consumed more fish than I should have and then went to sleep. I awoke at 8:30 p.m. feeling like I had consumed a whale. Gee: I wonder why I gained weight.

Today we have the grandkids and we're going boating, if the weather cooperates. If not we'll hit the movie theater. Betty wanted to clean house but the floor guys are coming tomorrow to pull out the old-new floor and reinstall the new-new floor. I'm not cleaning until they're done and the house isn't that bad.

I hope everyone has a great day and I'm wishing Todd has dropped 10 - 30 pounds in the last 24 hours and is released from his incarceration.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Well, R/D, it's another hot one here as it is elsewhere in the lower 48. High today is predicated to be 91 or 92.

Am sill "incarcerated," Mike Don'tkno whether or not I'll be sprung today. Now while the NP yesterday would have had me out the door first thing this morning, Jeff will never allow that until we're both confident I can truly take care of myself.

Hope everyone has a great "over the HUMP" Day and remember, the weekend will be here afore ye knowed it!"
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Captain

Man I'm not able to check in for several days and it seems like I've missed a whole lot!
Todd, what the heck are you doing visiting that hospital again? Hope you are better cause like it has been said, "We need you around here!!!"
Mike, glad the packing is working out. Tell Betty congrats on retirement!
Hope she enjoys being home with you!
I've been away due to the fact that my Mom has had a major issue. Last Thurs. D/H and I went to check on her to make sure her TV was working when we found her in the bathroom floor. She had fallen, hit her head, busted her nose and there was so much blood it looked like a butcher shop. She was responsive but bleeding something awlfu. Called 911 and it was off to the hospital. Seems she decided one of her meds were not working well enough to suit her so she took extra and it made her dizzy. She is lucky she did not break any bones after many xrays, cat scans, & MRI's verified that. She is still in the hospital and has been moved to the rehab area to see if they can get her moving some. She is not doing very in that department. Mom is very hard headed and does not do theapy well, at least in the past, so I don't have much hope they will make progress with her. If this doesn't work then I'm pretty sure we will have to make arrangements for her in some sort of assisted living, which she has needed for a long time. I know she won't like it but it would be the best thing for her. The Dr. told us that we would just have to do the Tough Love and force her for her own good.
Well, I've got to get off here and get to the hospital to make sure she hasn't killed the nurses. Everyone have a great day and those who are under the weather...GET WELL!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Another hot sweltering and dry day here but looks to be cooling off in the next day or two.
A very happy birthday to my D/H who turns 55 today and has only two more days to go before the big retirement day.

Sending good thoughts out to you Todd.

Have a great day everyone!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, 1st Day of Summer

Good morning. Dull and overcast here as well, but that will burn off.

Todd, more good thoughts going your way. We need you to have a normal life.

Keith will get back to his normal life today, I am sure, with a session at the gym.

I hope everybody has a nice day.

Judy
Old June 20th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Good aftenoon mates.

Sorry about your mother, Sue. I hope she will see reason.

Robin, I hope your hubby has a wonderful birthday.

Judy, I'm glad Keith is back to full speed. What about your knee?

Todd, get your butt into gear man and get out of that hospital! xoxo

Have a wonderful day.
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Good evening from hot and steamy NY .